HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Teigan Zahn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278861)

rockinghockey 11-02-2012 10:16 PM

Teigan Zahn

Does anyone know anything about this kid, I heard he was drafted by other teams and is now playing in EDM as he got called up from the ECHL.

He has some nice size.

Is he a good skater and does he actually have a chance to develop into a legit dman for our NHL team.

dnicks17 11-02-2012 11:05 PM

He looked like a decent skater. Got beat wide pretty bad on Houston's second goal tonight.

I'm not sure he NHL potential, but I think he'll be a good farmhand with his penchant for stepping up for his teammates and his physical play.

Mr Forever 11-03-2012 12:29 AM

Probably a good AHL depth guy, nothing more than that, but who knows, he could be an injury call up or even work his way onto the team one day.

Bryanbryoil 11-03-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 55481293)
Probably a good AHL depth guy, nothing more than that, but who knows, he could be an injury call up or even work his way onto the team one day.

That was my take as well, however this was the only time that I've seen him, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Saskatoon Oiler 11-03-2012 01:16 AM

Watched him as a Saskatoon Blade and at the WHL level he was only a #3-4 defenseman in a shutdown/enforcer role. He doesn't have the skating, puckhandling, or passing ability to play in today's NHL.

Bryanbryoil 11-03-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saskatoon Oiler (Post 55482115)
Watched him as a Saskatoon Blade and at the WHL level he was only a #3-4 defenseman in a shutdown/enforcer role. He doesn't have the skating, puckhandling, or passing ability to play in today's NHL.

If he could be a solid bottom pairing guy at the AHL level that can kick some ass, that's good enough for me.

Philly85 11-03-2012 03:50 AM

No to everything

/thread

jumptheshark 11-03-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 55481293)

this is my reaction

SK13 11-03-2012 05:43 PM

Literally the only thing I remember about him is how many times I've heard his name called by the play-by-play guys across the WHL.

40oz 11-03-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 55477223)
Does anyone know anything about this kid, I heard he was drafted by other teams and is now playing in EDM as he got called up from the ECHL.

He has some nice size.

Is he a good skater and does he actually have a chance to develop into a legit dman for our NHL team.

Not quite, he's playing in OKC.
He's signed to an AHL contract, he's not an Oilers prospect.
He's a big guy, known for his shot blocking and defensive play.

Nielson81 11-05-2012 05:53 PM

Zahn spent last year playing in Canada West with the Dinos down in Calgary. Watched him play a handful of times and he was a general out there on the back end, was one of the best d-men in the West last year, nice to see him get a pro deal, I didn't expect him to be in the AHL already but I'm not super surprised that he is.

Potential is there for a long pro career, NHL potential? I wouldn't go that far yet.