HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Injury Report: Jonas Brodin and Mikael Granlund (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278921)

Fel 96 11-02-2012 11:52 PM

Jonas Brodin and Mikael Granlund

I think it's safe to have this thread. We should get more info tomorrow.

Quote:

Aeros GM Jim Mill said he should have more information Saturday, but right now, there is no update as to the injuries or the severity. So, if you’re a Wild fan, … think good thoughts and hope.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/177063891.html

rynryn 11-02-2012 11:56 PM

it's so crushing, though. Two guys who had a nearly definite spot in the big club's lineup lost in one night.

worraps 11-03-2012 12:08 AM

My best wishes to both players.

The Granlund injury, especially, was tough to watch.

NHL1674 11-03-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 55481801)
it's so crushing, though. Two guys who had a nearly definite spot in the big club's lineup lost in one night.

Watch...the lockout is gonna end tomorrow now. :laugh: :shakehead

Billy Mays Here 11-03-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL1674 (Post 55482005)

And with our luck, Granlund will have a completely torn ACL and Brodin will have a severe concussion along with his broken collarbone.

Northland Wild Man 11-03-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL1674 (Post 55482005)

I'm can't believe I'm actually wishing for more of the lockout now. :shakehead

Billy Mays Here 11-03-2012 12:20 AM

Brodin's injury looked more serious at first glance but he wouldn't be on the Wild roster if the lockout ended now anyways so his injury doesn't concern me as much. Looking forward to how much Scandella improves if the lockout ends soon. Granlund is the one I'd be missing should the lockout end.

Fel 96 11-03-2012 12:22 AM

Granlund's injury actually looked worse than Brodin's.

Maybe it's because we got an early report on Brodin.

melinko 11-03-2012 12:22 AM

Hopefully Brodin only has a broken collarbone that would be fine.

I'm not as hopeful with Granlund that looked like serious knee injury the whole way, hope for a sprain I guess.

NHL1674 11-03-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 55482201)
Granlund's injury actually looked worse than Brodin's.

Maybe it's because we got an early report on Brodin.

X2...more concerned about that knee right now.

Wild48 11-03-2012 12:29 AM

this is why we can't have nice things

FUBAR McDangles 11-03-2012 12:38 AM

It really sucks for the team. Hopefully they recover soon.

Foxlockbox 11-03-2012 01:07 AM

What the ****? Is this a dream? Were they accidents or did someone try to hurt them on purpose?

Fel 96 11-03-2012 01:08 AM

Just watch the videos in the link.

Your call...

Wild48 11-03-2012 01:16 AM

granlund looks like a freak accident... i see nothing wrong with that...

taylor hall took a cheap shot on brodin though. I know he's a #1 overall pick, but he better be ready to drop the gloves next time he faces the Aeros.

Northland Wild Man 11-03-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild48 (Post 55482901)
granlund looks like a freak accident... i see nothing wrong with that...

taylor hall took a cheap shot on brodin though. I know he's a #1 overall pick, but he better be ready to drop the gloves next time he faces the Aeros.

I have to agree with this. he went out of his way to hit him. I don't think he intended to hit him in the way that he did, but it happened that way. There had better be a price to pay for it tomorrow night regardless.

NHL1674 11-03-2012 01:33 AM

Payback on the scoreboard would be nice, but that's gonna be more difficult now with each guy we lose. Coyle can't do it all by himself.

Hagged 11-03-2012 03:29 AM

Seemed like a torn ACL to me. If that's so 9 months out of action is a good guess. Granlund should fly to finland for the surgery. The best of the best sports injury surgeon Sakari Orava lives in Finland.

NightSky 11-03-2012 04:40 AM

Aw crap! It's Saku Koivu all over again.

ElHefe 11-03-2012 04:47 AM

We just have to wait for the results. Maybe it is just a bruise in the knee's cartilage. That would explain the pain. I've hurted my knee several times without breaking any part of it.

If this requires for a surgery then it may take some months, but doesnt mean it would automaticly ruin Granlund's whole carreer..

oilers2k10 11-03-2012 04:49 AM

**** that sucks, bigtime..if Oilers lost Eberle and Hall in one night like that we would be devastated..
I like seeing Oilers dishing it out for a change..but it sucks to see players getting injured like that..
Having said that, Oilers young stars have been taking a beating this season down in OKC until now

helicecopter 11-03-2012 06:36 AM

I wish this was only a nightmare.

The quality of those video sucks, but that's the only thing i can put hopes into, as both injuries look really bad there.

Hopefully Brodin doesn't have a concussion to go along with the broken collarbone.
Hall check looks quite dirty, and Brodin didn't expect it.. Jonas will probably make the most out of this bad experience, i just pray there isn't a serious concussion.
The way he plays (and this check only confirms it), odds are Hall is the one who will get his career cut short by injuries (obviously, i hope neither of them will).

As for Mikael, i'm not even trying to fool myself, it looks like he blew his knee. His season might already be over. I would sign for a MCL and a 2months absence right now.
I always wished he would put more attention into the incoming checks and his body control afterwards than into the outcome of his play.

Genuinely scared by next updates.

Puhis 11-03-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helicecopter (Post 55484221)
I wish this was only a nightmare.

The quality of those video sucks, but that's the only thing i can put hopes into, as both injuries look really bad there.

Hopefully Brodin doesn't have a concussion to go along with the broken collarbone.
Hall check looks quite dirty, and Brodin didn't expect it.. Jonas will probably make the most out of this bad experience, i just pray there isn't a serious concussion.
The way he plays (and this check only confirms it), odds are Hall is the one who will get his career cut short by injuries (obviously, i hope neither of them will).

As for Mikael, i'm not even trying to fool myself, it looks like he blew his knee. His season might already be over. I would sign for a MCL and a 2months absence right now.
I always wished he would put more attention into the incoming checks and his body control afterwards than into the outcome of his play.

Genuinely scared by next updates.

You know, I actually think Granlund's knee injury might be lighter than we thought. I mean, he MAY have just bruised his knee as someone else said, or strained a muscle. The hit didn't look big enough for a torn ACL or anything similar.

As for Brodin, I hope it's "just" the broken collarbone. That being said, I fear that he might have injured his neck/head in addition to that. That was a disastrous impact and I wouldn't be surprised to see him having at least a whiplash. I really, really hope that's not the case though.

If you're religious, now's time to pray. Personally I'm not, so I'm just hoping for best.

helicecopter 11-03-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow (Post 55484299)
You know, I actually think Granlund's knee injury might be lighter than we thought. I mean, he MAY have just bruised his knee as someone else said, or strained a muscle. The hit didn't look big enough for a torn ACL or anything similar.

the problem is the injury didn't seem to happen on the hit.
Looks like he badly twisted his knee when falling down.

this providence 11-03-2012 07:41 AM

Typical.