HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT: Keep Your Head Up! Houston Aeros @ OKC Barons, Saturday 11/3 6PM MDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278935)

Bryanbryoil 11-03-2012 12:10 AM

Keep Your Head Up! Houston Aeros @ OKC Barons, Saturday 11/3 6PM MDT

Game InfoGame Day: Saturday November 3rd 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hartikainen #10-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Arcobello #26-Pitlick #9
Tyrvainen #14-Lander #16-Hamilton #13
Byers #34-House #21-Abney #36

Ringwald #6-J. Schultz #5
Zahn #2-Teubert #33
Plante #4-Fedun #27

Roy #31
Danis #35

Scratches:

Healthy: W Hall #22 , C Martindale #17, C Vande Velde #29

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), W Green #12 (Ribs), D Marincin #28 (Unknown)

AEROS:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: This could be more along the lines of which Oilers should be watching over their shoulders. If you are a skilled player you should have a head on a swivel after Joan Brodin got destroyed by a big hit on Friday.

AEROS TO WATCH: With Granlund and Brodin likely out for some time, the Aeros will turn to their other highly touted prospects Charlie Coyle and Zack Phillips to carry some of the offensive load left in their absence.

Quotable"I thought that we made it easy for them, we have to be hard to play against, last night we weren't"-Barons head coach Todd Nelson on last Friday's 6-4 loss to the Houston Aeros.

Season Series
DateLocationResult
10/26OKC 6-4 Houston
11/2OKC 4-3 OKC

Team Comparison
 BaronsAeros
Points109
Wins54
Power Play %22.926.3
Penalty Kill %73.779.3

Team Leaders
BaronsAeros
GOALS: Schultz (6)Coyle (6)
ASSISTS:Schultz (7)Granlund (8)
+/-: Marincin (+6)Granlund (+6)

Today's Videos

Bryanbryoil 11-03-2012 12:10 AM

This thread is now open for business!

cheesed-off* 11-03-2012 09:08 AM

Go Oil ! Goil !

Gus Schmidt 11-03-2012 09:26 AM

I hope to hear that Marincin's injury was not serious. I think that Grandlund and Brodin are going to be out for some time. They looked serious. OKC better keep their heads up. Some of the Houston players are going to be looking to punish tonight.

Mr Writer 11-03-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gus Schmidt (Post 55485427)
I hope to hear that Marincin's injury was not serious. I think that Grandlund and Brodin are going to be out for some time. They looked serious. OKC better keep their heads up. Some of the Houston players are going to be looking to punish tonight.

Get this game on national Canadian television pronto. I don't care what people say, the AHL is a better more entertaining brand of hockey than the KHL.

rynryn 11-03-2012 09:40 AM

if you guy's take a look at our roster, you'll find the only scrappy guy is Bagnall. We're going to need him on the ice.

If we call up Josh Caron, though, it might be a message.
Baby Wild just aren't set up for toughness, so I doubt things will get too out of control. I'm nearly positive Bulms will take his shots at some of your skill, but he's a pest more than anything. Like Burrows, but willing to get punched in the face on occasion.

Gus Schmidt 11-03-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 55485619)
if you guy's take a look at our roster, you'll find the only scrappy guy is Bagnall. We're going to need him on the ice.

Baby Wild just aren't set up for toughness, so I doubt things will get too out of control. I'm nearly positive Bulms will take his shots at some of your skill, but he's a pest more than anything. Like Burrows, but willing to get punched in the face on occasion.

What happened last night to Brodin and Granlund is my worst nightmare for our prospects. I hope that their injuries are not as serious as they appeared. It just sucks all around. Now the rematch will be more about retribution and less about skill. Yet, I would expect nothing less if the shoe were on the other foot.

WeridAl 11-03-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 55485619)

I would question this, he's was wearing a full cage last game. Did Teubert do more damage, when he gave him that beating or he wore the cage to protect his face from another beating.

If its a close game there shouldn't be much rough stuff, but if it's a blow out, things could get ugly.

SDig14 11-03-2012 11:51 AM

No kidding, I'm just hoping for a tight 3-2 win for either team at this point so nothing gets out of hand.

My worry is there are too many AHLers desperately trying to make a name for themselves so they could do something silly.

Oh well, hopefully some of our tougher guys will be active as well and jump in if anything gets out of hand.

jukon 11-03-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitter
After leaving last night's game in the first period, Marincin is skating this morning with the #Barons.

Looks like the injury isn't that bad. I hope to see him in the lineup.

Mr Forever 11-03-2012 11:56 AM

I love Harti on the first line.

canovin 11-03-2012 11:57 AM

Is Hall suspended?

worraps 11-03-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canovin (Post 55487659)
Is Hall suspended?

No word yet. I doubt he will be.

Regardless, he isn't playing tonight.

Up the Irons 11-03-2012 12:05 PM

the 'back to back games with the same opponent' element of the AHL makes for some interesting grudge matches.

i wish the A had more TV coverage; i think i'd follow it even with NHL opperating.

stratedge 11-03-2012 12:05 PM

That fourth goal last night was an absolute thing of beauty. So nice.

worraps 11-03-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustE (Post 55487857)
the 'back to back games with the same opponent' element of the AHL makes for some interesting grudge matches.

i wish the A had more TV coverage; i think i'd follow it even with NHL opperating.

They've vastly improved the quality of the feed on AHL live, this might be a game to buy.

rynryn 11-03-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 55485795)
I would question this, he's was wearing a full cage last game. Did Teubert do more damage, when he gave him that beating or he wore the cage to protect his face from another beating.

If its a close game there shouldn't be much rough stuff, but if it's a blow out, things could get ugly.

well i said "like burrows" so a cage isn't going to stop him from picking at people, but he's only wearing it because of the tuning he got the other night. did you guys see a closeup of his face? pretty ugly. Aeros are in a position where everyone knows who is going to be on the Wild or be the first call ups so I don't see much point in them trying to make a name for themselves in that way. Granlund, Scandella, Brodin, Coyle, Zucker, Larsson, Phillips is a big bunch of people to hurdle and they aren't going to do it by throwing hits. If anything, i can see the Barons pressing their physical advantage early then working the Aeros with skill while they've got them intimidated.

tsnTpoint 11-03-2012 12:44 PM

Anyone know where I can find highlights of last nights game?

I know Brodin is out due to a hit from Hall (have not seen it yet), but how did Granlund go down?

HopelessOilFan 11-03-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnTpoint (Post 55488715)

I know Brodin is out due to a hit from Hall (have not seen it yet), but how did Granlund go down?

oilers.nhl.com usually has the highlights the next day.

worraps 11-03-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

He fell down awakwardly after Teubert bumped him.

All the non-injury highlights are here:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/

Granlund's injury:

Brodin's:

Billy Mays Here 11-03-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

He got checked into the boards on a perfectly routine play and just fell backwards and twisted his knee/ankle awkwardly. Our beatwriter Russo had a small update this morning and it sounds like it wasn't his knee that got hurt so it's probably something in his ankle.

Stoneman89 11-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worraps (Post 55489023)
He fell down awakwardly after Teubert bumped him.

All the non-injury highlights are here:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/

Granlund's injury:

Brodin's:

Tough one for the Houston guys.

The hit by Hall was a thing of beauty and textbook all the way. Hit him face on with the shoulder at the exact second he was dishing the puck.

Didn't think Tuebert's hit on Granlund was that big, but Teubert is a big man, and Granlund isn't. That's the way big Colton needs to play to earn a spot. Love to see it.

worraps 11-03-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 55489147)
He got checked into the boards on a perfectly routine play and just fell backwards and twisted his knee/ankle awkwardly. Our beatwriter Russo had a small update this morning and it sounds like it wasn't his knee that got hurt so it's probably something in his ankle.

Glad to hear it's not his knee.

Gus Schmidt 11-03-2012 01:12 PM

Marincin skating with the team this morning according to Oilers twitter.

Mr Sakich 11-03-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 55489147)

Good to hear. Nobody wants the elite prospects to get hurt and neither case looked like intent to injure.

We have had our share of freak accidents to our top prospects so we can certainly sympathize.