HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Junior Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Subway Super Series (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1279567)

grahamgill31450 11-04-2012 04:19 PM

Subway Super Series

Any predictions for the Subway Super Series games?

I'm thinking the Russians will win 4-2. Even though they're lacking some star power, there's simply too much chemistry.

What do you think?

Killahpunk 11-05-2012 03:34 PM

CHL wins 4-2.

Richter915 11-05-2012 04:57 PM

I just want to see the OHL lose one game. Which is not likely with the likes of Strome, Murphy, Subban, and McDavid on the roster...just to name a few. I am excited to see Grigorenko and Yakupov together.

Who wins the Yakupov vs. Mackinnon battle?

grahamgill31450 11-06-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter915 (Post 55546581)
I just want to see the OHL lose one game. Which is not likely with the likes of Strome, Murphy, Subban, and McDavid on the roster...just to name a few. I am excited to see Grigorenko and Yakupov together.

Yakupov will win because he is bigger and more powerful than Mackinnon. Even though there are listed pretty much the same, Yakupov seems bigger on the ice.

Also, Nail's had experience on the world stage before and most of the Russians have played together before.

Killahpunk 11-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richter915 (Post 55546581)

Game 1: Yakupov
Game 2: MacKinnon

JaredCowenFan 11-12-2012 09:18 PM

Team OHL takes the 4th game of the SSS 2-1. Glad to see Yaky put up a goal but it wasn't enough.

I'm really excited for WHL's turn. They're my fave league in the CHL and I follow them the most(being a Rebels and Oil Kings Fan). Let's hope Dumba and the 6 different Oil Kings do awesome!

RedMenace 11-13-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan (Post 55726165)
Team OHL takes the 4th game of the SSS 2-1. Glad to see Yaky put up a goal but it wasn't enough.

I'm really excited for WHL's turn. They're my fave league in the CHL and I follow them the most(being a Rebels and Oil Kings Fan). Let's hope Dumba and the 6 different Oil Kings do awesome!

Caught that game last night on the NotTheNHL Network, and it was my first time seeing Canadian Junior hockey (sucks to live in the Southern U.S.)...

... all I have to say is: WOW, that's some good, hard hockey right there. I can't agree with all of the taking runs at people, but the game was fast-paced and exciting, and I will be making a concerted effort to catch the final games of the series.

ORYX 11-13-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMenace (Post 55737493)
Caught that game last night on the NotTheNHL Network, and it was my first time seeing Canadian Junior hockey (sucks to live in the Southern U.S.)...

... all I have to say is: WOW, that's some good, hard hockey right there. I can't agree with all of the taking runs at people, but the game was fast-paced and exciting, and I will be making a concerted effort to catch the final games of the series.

Glad you liked what you saw for the most part!

Most games you will see will not feature as many runs as there were last night. Thats normal in a game like this however because a player is trying to showcase his talents to those who select the WJHC team for Canada. A player like Tom Wilson is a crash and bang guy, so he needed to play on the edge last night in order to have been taken note of.

Also, you typically wont see as much sloppy play in a regular CHL game. Of course these were the OHL's best Canadian players, however it is a team who gets one practice before playing (although some have played with eachother in international or club teams).

Aside from that, it was pretty fast-paced in both directions. The Russians certainly make their chances count. Winning one game with 18 shots, and losing the other with similar shot total, but they prey on the mistake and pounce.

JaredCowenFan 11-14-2012 09:58 PM

I love how fast paced this first of 2 WHL VS. Russia game has been. I also love all big hitting that has been going on. Especially from Ewanyk! WHL has been dominiating. And just like that year at the WJ Makarov bailed his team out. He's a great goalie, and so is Brossoit. 0-0 after 1.

JaredCowenFan 11-14-2012 10:47 PM

This is a goaltenders game. Both Makarov and Brossoit have been rock-solid.

Still scoreless after 40 minutes.

JaredCowenFan 11-14-2012 11:41 PM

The goalies have been outstanding in this game. 0-0 after 60 mins. Now they go to a 5 man shootout!

JaredCowenFan 11-14-2012 11:51 PM

TEAM WHL WINS!!! Laurent Brossoit was absolutely SOLID, not letting in a single goal even in the shootout. Sam Reinhart with the S.O. game-winner!

Let's win tomorrow boys and take the Subway Super Series! Wheeeuuu!

tourlord* 11-15-2012 09:39 AM

Enjoyed the hitting and goaltending in last nights game. Broissant stood on his head. He should make the team just based off of yesterdays performance. There wasn't as much open ice as there was in the other games but non the less it was entertaining. Hoping the boys can wrap it up tonight and finish off the series on a high note.

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 08:57 PM

The final game of the Subway Super Series is underway is matter of minutes. Eric Comrie will be getting the nod in net tonight for team WHL.

C'mon boys let's take this series!

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 09:02 PM

Scratch that both the goalies last night will be playing. Makarov and Brossoit. Woo Brossy!

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 09:29 PM

Naumenkov off a funny bounce. 1-0 Russia..

tourlord* 11-15-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan (Post 55797677)
Scratch that both the goalies last night will be playing. Makarov and Brossoit. Woo Brossy!

Yeah a little strange seeing Broissant getting the start after starting last night.

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tourlord (Post 55798839)
Yeah a little strange seeing Broissant getting the start after starting last night.

They said they wanted to go with the hot hand as this is an elimination style game.

tourlord* 11-15-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan (Post 55798949)
They said they wanted to go with the hot hand as this is an elimination style game.

Not too sure what you mean by elimination style. After this game all players are eliminated from this series and go back and play for their respected clubs. I mean it's 2-0 and we're still in the first period. Give the kid a rest.

Pensgal1158 11-15-2012 09:51 PM

anyone got a stream? I wish they would let us see this seeing as we already have no NHL.

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 09:52 PM

Andrei Sigarev. 2-0 Russia.

C'mon boys...

tourlord* 11-15-2012 09:54 PM

Rogers is allowing a free preview of SportsnetONE until Jan.1 (channel 99) That's how I lucked out.:yo:

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pensgal1158 (Post 55799171)
anyone got a stream? I wish they would let us see this seeing as we already have no NHL.

http://www.justin.tv/cflguy/popout
http://atdhe.eu/

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 10:25 PM

Ty Rattie, not the prettiest goal but we'll take it! 2-1.

JaredCowenFan 11-15-2012 10:26 PM

Kirill Dyakov awnsers right back, though. Uaaahhh....

3-1 Russia.