HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Boot Punch for Nexus 800? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1279799)

incuthrice07 11-05-2012 12:21 PM

Boot Punch for Nexus 800?

I've got the Bauer Nexus 800's and I'm having some major foot pain on the bone on the outside of my right foot (opposite side of the arch). Left foot pain isn't as bad as right foot in that spot. I'm wondering if a boot punch will fix this issue. I've skated in them 4 times now and I can barely stand on my feet after the 1st period. I'm flat footed and wear a size 8.5 in shoes and got a size 6.5 D in the Nexus 800's because I was swimming in a size 7.

I put in some Graf Sidas Footbeds to help with arch support. I've also tried keeping the laces loose in the mid-foot but tight around the ankle but that didn't seem to help very much, either. And my heel was all over the place when I tried that.

I got the Nexus line because they say they require barely any break-in and are instantly comfortable but I'm not finding that to be true. Is this the wrong shape boot for my foot? I was in the 8090's prior to these and absolutely loved them (although I was wearing a size 8.5 D in these with 2 footbeds in each skate!).

Will a boot punch fix the problem? Any other tips?

Suddenly7 11-06-2012 09:59 AM

I would like to know this as well. The last couple games my feet have been hurting throughout the whole game. I been using my skate for a long time it just seems to happen randomly. It's very annoying because any time where there a bit of downtime my feet are in pain.

theFinn 11-10-2012 06:23 PM

Did you get them baked? Is the pain on the underside of the ankle bone? My son has a pair of Nexus (so do I) and he had the same issue. We got them punched out in the ankles and got him some thinner socks and it made them wearable, however they still caused him some pain for a while before they broke in.

Mine also cause me some discomfort on my big toes, I've gotten the toes punched out but need to do it again cuz I need a bit more room.

Danikjan 11-13-2012 10:19 AM

well if you're anything like me, you have messed up feet. I bought the yellow super feet (makes a difference, and make sure you cut them out correctly, I think it applies to the sidas as well) and punched out my boots at the arch. Although, it feels a 1000x better, I still have foot pain, but it's tolerable.

I have flat feet, worse in my left, and my left foot is wider, while my right is longer. So you can imagine the stuff I have to go through. Keep on trucking, drink plenty of water before, and during, and give your feet time to warm up, I noticed it helps, and after a while I cant even feel the pain. I wear 9ks, but every foot is different.

Hope it helps.

forbs02 11-13-2012 01:54 PM

If you are able, take them to your shop and have them baked again. Once you get them tied stand up so your feet have a chance to spread. Don't walk in the skates, just stand for a couple of minutes and then sit down for the remainder of the time.

Another option, but only if you are very careful, is to put your skates on and use a heat gun to lightly heat the area until the skate is pliable. Then your foot will be able to push the hot spot out. Let them cool before you skate in them. This method is very effective but you have to be extremely careful not to overheat your skate. I have done this with dozens of pairs of skates and it has worked every time.

incuthrice07 11-19-2012 11:42 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone! You guys rock! I'll keep at it!

bazaaa* 11-20-2012 03:50 PM

Is it the skate or toe cap? I tried on some Nexus' as they were the only ones that might be wide enough for me, but most the pressure seemed to come fromt he toe cap, not the actual skate.

TUCKER 06 11-29-2012 10:05 AM

Sometimes the best solution is the easiest. Go get it punched.

I bought a pair of Bauer Surpeme One.9s and loved the feel of them after getting them baked. I developed a sore spot on the inside ball of my right foot after a month and a bit. Played despite that for a little while hoping it would work itself out.

I decided to go get it punched out. They rebaked the skate and punched it at the problem area until it felt better and there was no pressure there any more. Now I don't have to deal with that pain any longer - it felt like I took a puck to the inside of my foot during/after every game and definitely affected my game.

Jarick 11-29-2012 10:10 AM

Yep that's the feeling I had too before punching. Now it's perfect.