HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280393)

YotesFan47 11-07-2012 01:52 AM

Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh

To Edmonton:
Hanzal
Yandle
Brown

To Phoenix:
Yakupov
Gagner
Sutter

To Pittsburgh:
Hemsky
Phoenix 2013 3rd
Chipchura

Edmonton gets a number 1 defenseman, big bodied 2nd line center, and a good big bodied prospect. Phoenix replaces their 2nd line center with someone less physical but slightly better offensively, gets a high potential 1st line winger, and a lesser defensive center with potential to continue to grow. Pittsburgh gets a top 6 winger, a high energy bottom 6 guy (who can play center) and a pick. Hopefully I didn't botch the value of this proposal so please make suggestions on why the value isn't there or is too high for each team.

Edit: keep in mind this is all theoretical, I'm removing the idea that Yandle and Hanzal both like Phoenix and there for should not be moved.

thadd 11-07-2012 02:04 AM

I'm pretty sure Edmonton takes this.

In fact, I'm positive Edmonton takes this.

PierreMcGuire* 11-07-2012 02:08 AM

Why is Pittsburgh involved? Doesn't make sense for them to move Sutter after just acquiring him.

thadd 11-07-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 17 23 (Post 55590741)
Why is Pittsburgh involved? Doesn't make sense for them to move Sutter after just acquiring him.

I kinda agree.

Heck, I'd be down with Gagner + Yakupov for Hanzal + Yandle.

YotesFan47 11-07-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 17 23 (Post 55590741)

Because Phoenix would needs a replacement defensive center (on top of needing another center anyhow) and unless I'm mistaken Pittsburgh needs another winger for their top 6. Phoenix wouldn't really need Hemsky, that's why Pittsburgh is involved in this trade.

66-29-33 11-07-2012 02:15 AM

Shero dies laughing at that proposal. Thanks alot, you just killed our GM.

KidLine93 11-07-2012 02:15 AM

doubt edmonton accepts this. Trading away 2 second line players and a #1 overall pick for a prospect (as if the oilers need more of those) a 2nd liner, and a #1 defensemen (Yandle is on the lower end of the scale as far as #1 defensemen go). Not sure why pitt would trade sutter either. but not a bad proposal overall

YotesFan47 11-07-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 55590779)
I kinda agree.

I wouldn't do that trade because Hanzal is important defensively so unless you can get us another center along the lines of Sutter then I would no longer be interested. Plus I don't feel the value would be quite right with that deal.

XX 11-07-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

I kinda agree.

I wouldn't. That trade is a joke. Drop any pretense of 'values'. Hanzal and Yandle are key cogs for a team that just won its division and went to the conference finals. Yakupov hasn't even skated a shift in the NHL.

PierreMcGuire* 11-07-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotesFan47 (Post 55590811)
Because Phoenix would needs a replacement defensive center (on top of needing another center anyhow) and unless I'm mistaken Pittsburgh needs another winger for their top 6. Phoenix wouldn't really need Hemsky, that's why Pittsburgh is involved in this trade.

It makes sense for Phoenix to get Sutter, doesn't make sense for the Penguins to trade him.

A trade of Hanzal and Yandle for Gagner and Yakupov makes sense, not sure either team wants to do it.

s7ark 11-07-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 55590669)

Speak for yourself. I want no part of that deal.

JSC 11-07-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

I kinda agree.

Change Yandle to OEL and I'd think long and hard about it. Still don't know if I'd take it though.

zeus3007* 11-07-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 55590911)
Change Yandle to OEL and I'd think long and hard about it. Still don't know if I'd take it though.

No offense, but you're crazy then. OEL is good enough that he belongs in discussions with Doughty, Karlsson and Pietrangelo in reference to the best young d-men in the league. Not even available for any of our untouchables. Yandle is very much below OEL in that regard, although still a top pair d-man. And Hanzal brings much more valuable tools to the game than Gagner does, and that would make up for the difference between Yakupov and Yandle right there.

lakai17 11-07-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 55590871)
I wouldn't. That trade is a joke. Drop any pretense of 'values'. Hanzal and Yandle are key cogs for a team that just won its division and went to the conference finals. Yakupov hasn't even skated a shift in the NHL.

Yakupov is very valuable.

thadd 11-07-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 55591021)
Yakupov is very valuable.

Not on HFboards.

YotesFan47 11-07-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 55591055)
Not on HFboards.

Sure he is, but out of the big 4 in Edmonton he seems to have the least value.

JSC 11-07-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 55590959)
No offense, but you're crazy then. OEL is good enough that he belongs in discussions with Doughty, Karlsson and Pietrangelo in reference to the best young d-men in the league. Not even available for any of our untouchables. Yandle is very much below OEL in that regard, although still a top pair d-man. And Hanzal brings much more valuable tools to the game than Gagner does, and that would make up for the difference between Yakupov and Yandle right there.

I agree with your evaluation of OEL. There are only a limited amount of players that make me think of trading away Yakupov. Call me a homer, crazy, whatever you want, but I really believe the kid can hit 50 goals one day and be up there with RNH in terms of value and importance to the Oilers. Honestly can't remember the last time we had a player that possessed shooting ability Yakupov portrays. The thought of trading away a player that has so much potential is tough.

Paradise 11-07-2012 02:49 AM

Pittsburgh doesn't need to do this.:help:

MastuhNinks 11-07-2012 02:50 AM

Wow, Yakupov's value is being brutally underrated by people in this thread.

thadd 11-07-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MastuhNinks (Post 55591269)
Wow, Yakupov's value is being brutally underrated by people in this thread.

Well not by me. It just seems every time Edmonton has a first overall pick it's value is next to nothing on these boards.

I don't agree with it.

I just accept the universe I live in.

ejams 11-07-2012 03:13 AM

Yes clearly people haven't been watching the highlights of this Yakupov character.
EDIT: Dat shot.. mmm.. dat release! mmmmmmm... dat accent!

WeridAl 11-07-2012 03:54 AM

I would pass on this offer, not sold on Yandle as a top pair D, and Hanzal as a 2nd line C. Would be a great 3rd line C, but is that what the Oilers need. IMO Oilers are overpaying here and most likely do better elsewhere.

Gritzky98 11-07-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 55590669)

Hell no

Oilers end up giving away the most valuable piece. They might get yandle but they lose 3 top 6 forwards
getting a ok second/elite 3rd line center and a B level prospect doesn't make up for that.

thadd 11-07-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gritzky98 (Post 55591751)
Hell no

Oilers end up giving away the most valuable piece. They might get yandle but they lose 3 top 6 forwards
getting a ok second/elite 3rd line center and a B level prospect doesn't make up for that.

Amazing overall 2nd line pivot, a first pairing d-man and a bit of cap space? We could do worse. But like I said later, I'd do Yandle + Hanzal for Gagner + Yakupov.

Hall-Hopkins-Hemsky
MPS-Hanzal-Eberle

Nothing wrong with that top six.

Yandle-Schultz
Petry-Smid

Loving that top 4

Heck, if this year is written off add Marincin and Klefbom as the third pairing and I like the size, speed, scoring upside and athleticism we've got on the back end.

Hartikainen-Lander-Pitlick <<<--- That's a REAL checking line. Probably not NHL ready until the 14/15 season, thought. Till then sub Pitlick and Lander with Horcoff and Smyth.

IMO, that's a playoff team going forward. If Scultz, Klefbom, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins are for real, we've got nothing to worry about.

duul 11-07-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 55591919)
Amazing overall 2nd line pivot, a first pairing d-man and a bit of cap space? We could do worse. But like I said later, I'd do Yandle + Hanzal for Gagner + Yakupov.

Hall-Hopkins-Hemsky
MPS-Hanzal-Eberle

Nothing wrong with that top six.

Yandle-Schultz
Petry-Smid

Loving that top 4

Heck, if this year is written off add Marincin and Klefbom as the third pairing and I like the size, speed, scoring upside and athleticism we've got on the back end.

Hartikainen-Lander-Pitlick <<<--- That's a REAL checking line. Probably not NHL ready until the 14/15 season, thought. Till then sub Pitlick and Lander with Horcoff and Smyth.

IMO, that's a playoff team going forward. If Scultz, Klefbom, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins are for real, we've got nothing to worry about.

Still not really worth it. Hanzal and Yandle are nice, but have you seen Yakupov play in the KHL? He can score 35 goals at least as a rookie, just from getting the puck in their zone and shooting. His shot is already elite, forgetting his speed and vision, he is easily capable of even 40 goals in his rookie season. Playing with RNH he will constantly get chances and his shot is far better than Eberle who was just an all star many thanks to RNH feeding him all year.

We will get a top defenceman through other means such as free agency. I wonder what Phoenix would want for Hanzal though, he is a player we should want.