HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Would you do this trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280417)

Tuckerw68 11-07-2012 08:24 AM

Would you do this trade?

I have been offered Jeff skinner and Louis Ericsson for Crosby would you do this trade?

Randal Graves 11-07-2012 12:14 PM

Depends on your league, but assuming its a keeper I wouldn't. I don't like the idea of taking that kind of risk for a center when I'd be sending two young, talented wingers back.

That said its not an awful trade, and it's certainly got the chance to be a win for you in the long run but I get the feeling replacing those 2 wingers wouldn't be easy.

Paranoid Android 11-07-2012 05:32 PM

Probably not, but it depends on the league.

Tuckerw68 11-07-2012 05:47 PM

I accepted the trade and i received
Jeff Skinner
Louie Ericksson
David Perron
Duncan Kieth

and i gave up crosby and tanguay

PierreMcGuire* 11-07-2012 05:54 PM

Personally not a fan of moving out Crosby. While the trade you made was better than the original, I still don't like the trade for you.

Crosby is the best player in hockey and fantasy when healthy, and I feel you didn't ship him out for quality, but instead quantity.

AmartZing 11-07-2012 10:57 PM

we'll i dont understand why people dont like the deal....even if you deal crosby...Skinner Eriksson and Perron can all be 70 pts players plus you get a solid Dman in Keith...that's huge for Crosby and an old tanguay!

Randal Graves 11-08-2012 05:50 PM

Misread it the first time, thought you were getting Crosby. The final trade is a lot better for you - that's 4 solid players with a lot of years left.

Paranoid Android 11-08-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les mains a Gilles (Post 55612683)
we'll i dont understand why people dont like the deal....even if you deal crosby...Skinner Eriksson and Perron can all be 70 pts players plus you get a solid Dman in Keith...that's huge for Crosby and an old tanguay!

The original deal didn't include Perron or Keith. With those included it looks much more fair.

Again, we know nothing about the league or his team, so it's hard to say if it's a good deal or not.

Hutzler 11-27-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckerw68 (Post 55604823)
I accepted the trade and i received
Jeff Skinner
Louie Ericksson
David Perron
Duncan Kieth

and i gave up crosby and tanguay

Without knowing the details of your pool it is hard to say. But that seems like a good return for Crosby.

I dealt Crosby in my keeper pool when he got injured for the second time, I received Getzlaf and E. Staal...even with those 2, I kinda regret it.

Paranoid Android 11-27-2012 10:36 PM

I drafted Crosby and stuck with him all of last year. When he came back in March it paid off big time. He was a huge reason why I won my league.

Sometimes, getting a boost towards the end of the season and going into the playoffs is just as important as having a guy for a full year.