HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Something up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280457)

THW 11-07-2012 11:54 AM

Something up?
 
Mursak just pulled up next door and is loading some stuff up, does this mean he is out? Or are players preparing for a quick camp because they know something we don't?

The Yzerman 11-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 55596241)
Mursak just pulled up next door and is loading some stuff up, does this mean he is out? Or are players preparing for a quick camp because they know something we don't?

I don't know, but I heard on Twitter that Ericsson was back from Sweden aswell and practising with a couple of Red Wings.

Quote:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings' Jonathan Ericsson back from Sweden, joins several players at informal practice today in Troy.

RedMenace 11-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 55596241)
Mursak just pulled up next door and is loading some stuff up, does this mean he is out? Or are players preparing for a quick camp because they know something we don't?

Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap (Post 55596721)
I don't know, but I heard on Twitter that Ericsson was back from Sweden aswell and practising with a couple of Red Wings.

Maybe the bargaining session went much better than expected yesterday, and Holland is requesting guys come back over to get ready...?

The Yzerman 11-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

@GMolsonCHC Content de voir que vous avez annoncé ŕ des employés mis ŕ pied récemment qu'ils étaient de retour au travail, ŕ temps plein...
For those who don't read french, someone Tweeted that Geoff Molson, Habs owner, had recently (as soon as yesterday) hired back staff that he had recently laid-off. Baby steps...

ProPAIN 11-07-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMenace (Post 55596775)
Pics or it didn't happen... ;)

Grow a pair and ask him!! :sarcasm:

Maybe his team is on a break. What is he packing up? Hockey gear or moving completely. Maybe he broke up with his gf :dunno:

I hope he isn't traded or something. He never got a fair shot and has some valuable assets (speed, RHS, etc.)

Shoalzie 11-07-2012 01:46 PM

There are several players leaving their Euro clubs already prior to a deal being done. The fact they're talking is a very good thing...just stay at it until a deal is reached.

TCNorthstars 11-07-2012 02:00 PM

I think all of European hockey is on a break.

MBauer 11-07-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCNorthstars (Post 55599335)
I think all of European hockey is on a break.

ya no games from like the third to the thirteenth it seems.

The Yzerman 11-07-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCNorthstars (Post 55599335)
I think all of European hockey is on a break.

Ah yeah, that's right, until November 14th, IIRC.

Forsse90 11-07-2012 03:25 PM

European leagues are on a break because of the European Hockey Tournament. I think there also might be some European Trophy games during the break.

Ericsson went back to Detroit because he's only allowed to spend 183days in Sweden a year, otherwise he has to pay higher taxes. When they spend less than 183days they only pay 15% taxes instead of 57%.

RedMenace 11-07-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsse90 (Post 55601233)
Ericsson went back to Detroit because he's only allowed to spend 183days in Sweden a year, otherwise he has to pay higher taxes. When they spend less than 183days they only pay 15% taxes instead of 57%.

Holy goatlenders! Is that the standard income tax rate, or something for higher-tier incomes or pro athletes?

joe89 11-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMenace (Post 55601843)
Holy goatlenders! Is that the standard income tax rate, or something for higher-tier incomes or pro athletes?

Higher incomes yeah. Standard is roughly 30% assuming full-time work. The 15% rate is for athletes/artists/similar, but has to be 6 months or less of work in a calendar year.

Tomas W 11-07-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsse90 (Post 55601233)
European leagues are on a break because of the European Hockey Tournament. I think there also might be some European Trophy games during the break.

Ericsson went back to Detroit because he's only allowed to spend 183days in Sweden a year, otherwise he has to pay higher taxes. When they spend less than 183days they only pay 15% taxes instead of 57%.

It much more complicated than that. I would guess that would have paid at least a little less than 57% in reality. 57% is the marginal tax for the last earned krona.

It's 57% for yearly income from labour (taxable income that is, there is deductions for worktravel cost etc) over 587300 SEK (88000USD), 52% over 414000 SEK about 32% over 346700 etc downward spiral taxrate ending up in 0% for the first 18699 earn sek.

Either way, I guess he did not want to give a cent/öre more to the the sick and unemployed in Sweden than he had to.

FissionFire 11-07-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas W (Post 55603629)
Either way, I guess he did not want to give a cent/öre more to the the sick and unemployed in Sweden than he had to.

Because anyone who earns a living is expected to give as much of it as possible to those who didn't until everyone is equally poor right?

THW 11-07-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedMenace (Post 55596775)
Pics or it didn't happen... ;)



Maybe the bargaining session went much better than expected yesterday, and Holland is requesting guys come back over to get ready...?

I would, because his BMW is sweet, but we are on fairly good terms and that would piss me off if someone took pics of me and my fiancee and posted them, so no. But him and his fiancee did come watch the deer at my feeder and said he was happy to be back and he wouldnt talk about why. I thought he would play with Grand Rapids or with Saginaw since his fiancee was with the organization.

pRisly 11-08-2012 05:13 AM

What are you talking about? Mursak is still in Slovenia training with national team. They have a game tonight against Italy.

Henkka 11-08-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pRisly (Post 55616199)
What are you talking about? Mursak is still in Slovenia training with national team. They have a game tonight against Italy.

That was the "packing" thing. International friendlies and Eurohockey Tour here and there.

RedMenace 11-08-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 55608677)
I would, because his BMW is sweet, but we are on fairly good terms and that would piss me off if someone took pics of me and my fiancee and posted them, so no. But him and his fiancee did come watch the deer at my feeder and said he was happy to be back and he wouldnt talk about why. I thought he would play with Grand Rapids or with Saginaw since his fiancee was with the organization.

Haha, no worries man, just busting your chops a bit.

Good on you for respecting his privacy; at lot of folks seem to forget that professional athletes are people too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.