HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280469)

Mr. Canucklehead 11-07-2012 11:15 AM

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)
 
Last one was approaching 1,000 posts. Continue here.

In the spirit of Royal Canuck's music themed entries...



If you're going to come here and tell Canuck fans what Luongo is worth and that they're wrong, word of advice; Don't.

y2kcanucks 11-07-2012 11:20 AM

Here I go again on my own

Liferleafer 11-07-2012 11:23 AM

Pink Floyd...Money!!

Scurr 11-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 55596849)
Here I go again on my own

Hemsky? Really?

LiveeviL 11-07-2012 12:21 PM

Holy Diver? :sarcasm:

Liferleafer 11-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveeviL (Post 55598241)
Holy Diver? :sarcasm:

LOL...awesome!!:laugh:

craigcaulks* 11-07-2012 12:39 PM

http://d2oz5j6ef5tbf6.cloudfront.net...ase_044041.jpg

Bourne Endeavor 11-07-2012 01:23 PM

Question, Leafer, since you're here. If Schneider were on the block. Would you move on trading from Toronto's "untouchable" list? That being guys like Lupul, Gardiner or Rielly. And yes, I would add if it were a package going both ways, so long as our top tier guys weren't involved (Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis).

Alflives 11-07-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55599885)
Question, Leafer, since you're here. If Schneider were on the block. Would you move on trading from Toronto's "untouchable" list? That being guys like Lupul, Gardiner or Rielly. And yes, I would add if it were a package going both ways, so long as our top tier guys weren't involved (Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis).

I'll bite on that hook.

There is only one player on the current Leafs' roster that would help the Canucks win the cup now. He's not one of the ones you listed. To move Schneider would require that player coming back in return. Do you know who that player is?

NYVanfan 11-07-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alflives (Post 55600489)
I'll bite on that hook.

There is only one player on the current Leafs' roster that would help the Canucks win the cup now. He's not one of the ones you listed. To move Schneider would require that player coming back in return. Do you know who that player is?

id say Kessel
but guess you'd say Phaneuf

NYVanfan 11-07-2012 02:02 PM

see what Cherry said on Luo..?
nice to see some non-bashing coming from that realm...


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ckout_fan_590/

"Yes, the Leafs should pursue Luongo, Cherry said, but the analyst doesn’t believe Luonogo – who holds a no-trade clause -- is interested.

“Why would he want to come here and step into the same thing as Vancouver? Every time they lose, it’s his fault. He only took them to the seventh game (of the 2011 Stanley Cup final). How many goaltenders have taken them to the seventh game?” Cherry said. “I don’t think he wants to step into a real hotspot like here. I think he wants to go to Florida because his wife comes from Florida.

“Although, (Toronto) would love to get him, boy,” Cherry added. “I think he’s a dynamite goaltender.” "

Alflives 11-07-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYVanfan (Post 55600691)
id say Kessel
but guess you'd say Phaneuf

Yes, I would say Phaneuf. However, I must agree that Kessel is a marvelous player too. His speed and quick release force opponents d to back up, creating space for teammates. I just see him as redundant in Vancouver's current roster. (Kesler, Burrows, Booth accomplish the same, especially a healthy Kesler.) Phaneuf, on the other hand, brings a skill-set that none of the current Canucks defense posses. He is Edler and Bieksa mixed together. Big, fast, great shot, mean and plays tough. Could Phaneuf be pried from Toronto for Luongo +?

Mr. Canucklehead 11-07-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYVanfan (Post 55600733)
see what Cherry said on Luo..?
nice to see some non-bashing coming from that realm...


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ckout_fan_590/

"Yes, the Leafs should pursue Luongo, Cherry said, but the analyst doesn’t believe Luonogo – who holds a no-trade clause -- is interested.

“Why would he want to come here and step into the same thing as Vancouver? Every time they lose, it’s his fault. He only took them to the seventh game (of the 2011 Stanley Cup final). How many goaltenders have taken them to the seventh game?” Cherry said. “I don’t think he wants to step into a real hotspot like here. I think he wants to go to Florida because his wife comes from Florida.

“Although, (Toronto) would love to get him, boy,” Cherry added. “I think he’s a dynamite goaltender.” "

I don't disagree with Cherry, per se, in that I think Luongo's preferred destination is indeed Florida.

But I think playing in Toronto would be less of an issue for him than some think. He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip and hasn't really complained one iota, I think he could handle TO.

Scurr 11-07-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alflives (Post 55600909)
Yes, I would say Phaneuf. However, I must agree that Kessel is a marvelous player too. His speed and quick release force opponents d to back up, creating space for teammates. I just see him as redundant in Vancouver's current roster. (Kesler, Burrows, Booth accomplish the same, especially a healthy Kesler.) Phaneuf, on the other hand, brings a skill-set that none of the current Canucks defense posses. He is Edler and Bieksa mixed together. Big, fast, great shot, mean and plays tough. Could Phaneuf be pried from Toronto for Luongo +?

He's also a massive dick and chemistry killer. Do not want.

Scurr 11-07-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 55600939)
He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip



I strongly disagree.

y2kcanucks 11-07-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alflives (Post 55600489)
I'll bite on that hook.

There is only one player on the current Leafs' roster that would help the Canucks win the cup now. He's not one of the ones you listed. To move Schneider would require that player coming back in return. Do you know who that player is?

Based on everything I've read for the past few months, that player would be Clarke MacArthur.

y2kcanucks 11-07-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 55600939)
I don't disagree with Cherry, per se, in that I think Luongo's preferred destination is indeed Florida.

But I think playing in Toronto would be less of an issue for him than some think. He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip and hasn't really complained one iota, I think he could handle TO.

I think what Luongo values absolutely most is the opportunity to play most nights. I think he recognizes that Schneider deserves to play too, so rather than telling Gillis to trade Schneider he's given the Canucks the option of moving himself.

Barney Gumble 11-07-2012 02:19 PM

lol on Luongo not being able to handle the pressure in Toronto. Jeebus they still revere Belfour in TO - they don't run their good goalies out of town.

Nuckles 11-07-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 55600957)
He's also a massive dick and chemistry killer. Do not want.

And he's overrated and overpaid.

Considering the Canucks current needs, I'd want Lupul (hoping he can keep up the 60+ point play) or JVR from Toronto as the main piece.
With the signing of Garrison, I don't feel like we need a top 4 d-man.

Vankiller Whale 11-07-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alflives (Post 55600909)
Yes, I would say Phaneuf. However, I must agree that Kessel is a marvelous player too. His speed and quick release force opponents d to back up, creating space for teammates. I just see him as redundant in Vancouver's current roster. (Kesler, Burrows, Booth accomplish the same, especially a healthy Kesler.) Phaneuf, on the other hand, brings a skill-set that none of the current Canucks defense posses. He is Edler and Bieksa mixed together. Big, fast, great shot, mean and plays tough. Could Phaneuf be pried from Toronto for Luongo +?

That's not true, but I agree he would be great to get. Who knows, he may even continue rebounding to become the "legit" number 1 dman we really need.

Nuckles 11-07-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 55600939)
I don't disagree with Cherry, per se, in that I think Luongo's preferred destination is indeed Florida.

But I think playing in Toronto would be less of an issue for him than some think. He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip and hasn't really complained one iota, I think he could handle TO.

I'd also like to add that I think he has learned from his media mistakes, and has learned how to handle pressure better.

In 2011, it was his first time dealing with the amount of pressure he got (and focus from the media). If he were to be put in a situation like that again, I think he would handle it better.

Alflives 11-07-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 55600957)
He's also a massive dick and chemistry killer. Do not want.

How do we, as fans, know that? Perhaps Kesler is of the same ilk? There are rumors about his persona as well. Yet, Kesler is one of the Canucks most valuable players.

NYVanfan 11-07-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scurr (Post 55600957)
He's also a massive dick and chemistry killer. Do not want.

yeah, i get that
but that is also from our anti-Cgy/TO biased position
i think he would make our blueline quite formidable ...he does play the right side
also he's paid a LOT.
i would do luongo straight up, but dont think id add ...

course then there's this
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ted-NHLer.html

Alflives 11-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 55601049)
Based on everything I've read for the past few months, that player would be Clarke MacArthur.

Who is Clark MacArthur? Why would you think he is worth Luongo?

Liferleafer 11-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55599885)
Question, Leafer, since you're here. If Schneider were on the block. Would you move on trading from Toronto's "untouchable" list? That being guys like Lupul, Gardiner or Rielly. And yes, I would add if it were a package going both ways, so long as our top tier guys weren't involved (Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis).

I will start by saying i firmly believe Schnieder is going to be a great goalie...BUT, Luongo is the only goalie i am targeting. The price would be WAY to high on Schnieder and rightfully so. I won't use the term "unproven", but i'd prefer the vet. That and without a NTC, there would be a ridiculous bidding war.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.