HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   2013 HHOF Inductees (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280525)

Stansfield* 11-07-2012 02:34 PM

2013 HHOF Inductees

With the 2013 Hockey Hall of Fame Induction happening this upcoming Monday, who do you think will be inducted?

For those who don't know, max 4 inductees per year in various categories; players, builders, coaches, referees etc.

List of inductees as per TSN http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=70789

Last years inductees http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=79311

Personally, I would like Makarov to finally get in but that's unlikely to happen. Chelios, Niedermayer and Shanahan are mortal locks, but you never know.

P.S this is not a Sundin vs Shanahan thread so lets not turn it into one. :)

Taro Tsujimoto 11-07-2012 02:37 PM

Roenick, Niedermayer, Fleury, Andreychuk, Burns

tarheelhockey 11-07-2012 02:45 PM

Chelios, Niedermayer and Shanahan are no-brainers.

On the heels of the Bure induction, this might be the best year for Lindros to make the cut. Otherwise I could see Blake getting that last spot, and being the annual controversy.

I appreciate the Burns sentiment, but there's no explanation offered for why he would be inducted as a "builder".

Qward 11-07-2012 02:48 PM

Pat Burns.

I don't care about anyone else.
Should have been inducted when he would have been able to see it.

Stansfield* 11-07-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 55601727)
Chelios, Niedermayer and Shanahan are no-brainers.

On the heels of the Bure induction, this might be the best year for Lindros to make the cut. Otherwise I could see Blake getting that last spot, and being the annual controversy.

I appreciate the Burns sentiment, but there's no explanation offered for why he would be inducted as a "builder".

This is an interesting thought. I'm sure Lindros will get in once people start to forget the off-ice circus that accompanied him everywhere he went. I'm just not so sure that's happened yet.

TylerSVT* 11-07-2012 02:51 PM

Burns i think should be.

SLAPSHOT723 11-07-2012 02:57 PM

I still can't believe Shanahan didn't make it last year.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever 11-07-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 55601727)

I could be wrong but I think Burns is the only Head Coach in history to win the Jack Adams Award with three different teams, (Toronto, Montreal, Boston) so in my opinion that right there is a good reason he should be inducted.

Stansfield* 11-07-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER (Post 55602089)
I could be wrong but I think Burns is the only Head Coach in history to win the Jack Adams Award with three different teams, (Toronto, Montreal, Boston) so in my opinion that right there is a good reason he should be inducted.

Arbour and Bowman have 3 combined. I wouldn't put too much stock in the Jack Adams, it's very calder-esque in nature.

cashman rules* 11-07-2012 03:03 PM

Pat burns,make it right!

Elever 11-07-2012 03:04 PM

Andrechyuk, Blake, Brind'Amour, Chelios, Fleury, Guerin, Housley, Kariya, LeClair, Lindros, Naslund, Niedermayer, Roberts, Roenick, Shanahan, and Tkachuk should be inducted. **** the 4 player max rule, Cooney Weiland is in the HOF, he had one good season so you can't say that those guys above don't deserve it, all had great seasons and were game's stars in the 90s and early 00s.

Elvs 11-07-2012 03:36 PM

Burns
Chelios
Niedermayer
Shanahan

Is my guess. I think Lindros should be in there, but I'll guess he will have to wait. I hope my all time favourite Paul Kariya will make it eventually, too. Five all star selections isn't bad, LW or not.

AfroThunder396 11-07-2012 03:41 PM

Pat Burns absolutely should get in, but I doubt he does.

You either get in as a player or as a builder. The list of builders who got in on coaching credentials alone is extremely small. You almost always need managerial/administrative credentials to get in, something Burns doesn't have.

Of course with Burnsie's illness you can't really hold it against him that he didn't get an administrative position, nor can you deny his incredible coaching resume, but the election committee is notoriously stubborn. So I don't expect Burns to get in any time soon, which is a travesty.

zeus3007* 11-07-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 55602293)
Andrechyuk, Blake, Brind'Amour, Chelios, Fleury, Guerin, Housley, Kariya, LeClair, Lindros, Naslund, Niedermayer, Roberts, Roenick, Shanahan, and Tkachuk should be inducted. **** the 4 player max rule, Cooney Weiland is in the HOF, he had one good season so you can't say that those guys above don't deserve it, all had great seasons and were game's stars in the 90s and early 00s.

Yep. Let's just open the floodgates then. 4 is almost too many. It's not the Hall of Pretty Above Average.

Chelios, Shanahan and Niedermayer are obvious. Fleury will never get in, his career ended in a too controversial manner. I think Curtis Joseph should go in. He was a top 5 goalie for most of his career, in an era where arguably the three best goalies played (Brodeur, Hasek, Roy). Its not hard to figure out why he didn't win any Vezina's when you look at that.

amnesiac 11-07-2012 04:02 PM

Chelios, Nieds, Shanny, Makarov

Stansfield* 11-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

I'd like to think the HHOF induction committee doesn't induct people on the basis of "well they're better than the worst guy in HHOF".

Mav3rick07 11-07-2012 04:04 PM

Chelios, Shanahan, Niedermayer and Cujo.

:yo:

kmad 11-07-2012 04:18 PM

Chelios, Niedermayer, Shanahan, Makarov (pipe dream)

DaveG 11-07-2012 04:19 PM

Chelios and Nieds are locks.

Fairly certain that Shanaban gets in.

Likely between Lindros, Blake, Kariya, and Makarov for the last spot with Brind'Amour as a darkhorse.

Burns should get in, but they should also create a coaches category, then he'd be a no-brainer. The fact that there isn't one and Pat wasn't one of those guys that stayed forever at any one team hurts what should otherwise be an obvious case for induction.

Mike Farkas 11-07-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Nah, this isn't...uh...this isn't right. I'm sorry. I just don't want there to be a chance that someone reads that and thinks, "now, that's reality!"

Le Tricolore 11-07-2012 04:31 PM

Chelios, Niedermayer, Lindros and Burns is what I would choose.

Randall Ritchey 11-07-2012 04:38 PM

Cheviots, Niedermeyer, Shanahan, and Burns for me.

Next year should be Cujo, Lindros, Andrechyuk and Makarov.

TylerSVT* 11-07-2012 04:47 PM

Fleury should be over Lindros IMO. Better stats, longer playing time, especially considering where he was drafted and what he did for the Flames.

Plus he has a cup.

Mike Farkas 11-07-2012 04:56 PM

Honestly, I'd be just fine if we passed on Andreychuk...I know the totals came out with all the shimmer of an aluminum foil roll's bachelor party, but the substance is a little bit thin really...also, not microwave safe...

JackSlater 11-07-2012 05:03 PM

With Chelios, Niedermayer and Shanahan all very likely, I would hope for one of the great pre-NHL Europeans to make it. That probably won't happen, so I would like Lindros or Fred Shero.