HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Boedker or Niederreiter? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280551)

Ginu 11-07-2012 03:27 PM

Boedker or Niederreiter?
 
Here's an interesting one. Who has the higher ceiling- Boedker or Niederreiter? Boedker showed glimpses in the playoffs last year and Niederreiter is tearing up the AHL at the moment.

What are your thoughts?

blinkman360 11-07-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginu (Post 55602913)
Here's an interesting one. Who has the higher ceiling- Boedker or Niederreiter? Boedker showed glimpses in the playoffs last year and Niederreiter is tearing up the AHL at the moment.

What are your thoughts?

Homer vote for Nino. Kid's upside is enormous. Size, skill and physical play. If he puts it all together he'll be a quality 1st liner for sure.

The only question is whether or not he will hit that potential. As far as raw upside goes though, IMO Niederreiter wins.

The Nuge 11-07-2012 11:51 PM

Niederreiter has higher upside, but I'm not sold, so I'd take Boedkker

Playmaker09 11-08-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkman360 (Post 55603175)
Homer vote for Nino. Kid's upside is enormous. Size, skill and physical play. If he puts it all together he'll be a quality 1st liner for sure.

The only question is whether or not he will hit that potential. As far as raw upside goes though, IMO Niederreiter wins.

Yep. I, and many other Habs fans, have been drawing up the Pacioretty-esque development curve comparisons for a while now. The lockout has only helped him IMO (at the very least to guarantee he stays down to develop in the AHL for a while).

Parise9Crosby87 11-08-2012 12:36 AM

nino

PierreMcGuire* 11-08-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 55614573)
Niederreiter has higher upside, but I'm not sold, so I'd take Boedkker

My thoughts, exactly.

HockeyFan100 11-08-2012 01:28 AM

Boedker AINEC.

DKQ 11-08-2012 05:00 AM

I expect Boedker to have a breakout year this year playing with Vrbata and Hanzal/Vermette

torero 11-08-2012 06:49 AM

El Niņo

LeHabsMan 11-08-2012 07:08 AM

Nino. He is 2 years younger and has higher upside/potential. Nino had 1 bad season and he is now tearing it up in the AHL. Boedker had what, 4 dissapointing seasons?

Tarasenko 11-08-2012 07:58 AM

If Nino can make it through his bad year and fully develops as a great first or second liner, I take him way before Boedker.
If not, Boedker can still do the job easily, I pretty like the guy.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-08-2012 12:37 PM

Niņo for me, he's got all the potential, and more time to reach it.

tony d 11-08-2012 12:56 PM

Close but I'm going with Boedker.

SLAPSHOT723 11-08-2012 01:02 PM

Nino has looked really, really good in Bridgeport. Last year was just a disaster, he still has a very high upside.

Can't say much about Boedker, never really watched him play.

Oh_so_saad 11-08-2012 01:03 PM

didnt nino only get like 2 points last year?

i llike both players. but would take boedker for now

InjuredChoker 11-08-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55621895)
Niņo for me, he's got all the potential, and more time to reach it.

Couldn't say it better.

Trvp Lord 11-08-2012 01:10 PM

Boedker

msv957 11-08-2012 01:57 PM

Not sure why Nino is the popular choice here. He had a horrible first year in the NHL. He looked very slow and not much of a hockey IQ. If he had any skill he would have produced more points than last year. I can certainly understand the excuses about playing on the 4th line and not playing with any good players, however, if he had some legit NHL skill/talent he would have at least carried the 4th line and let his skill shine.

FoppaForsberg* 11-08-2012 01:59 PM

Boedker's basically a bust at this time, so Nino defiantly.

Frank Gallagher 11-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msv957 (Post 55623619)
Not sure why Nino is the popular choice here. He had a horrible first year in the NHL. He looked very slow and not much of a hockey IQ. If he had any skill he would have produced more points than last year. I can certainly understand the excuses about playing on the 4th line and not playing with any good players, however, if he had some legit NHL skill/talent he would have at least carried the 4th line and let his skill shine.

He was a 19 year old skill player on the fourth line of the New York Islanders. No disrespect, Isles fans, but the NYI fourth lines haven't exactly been the best bunch of players available. he had very little ice-time, and didn't even have a shot to adjust to the pro game from tearing up juniors. C'mon man, you can't expect every high-profile prospect to jump right in and look like a veteran...

startainfection 11-08-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msv957 (Post 55623619)
Not sure why Nino is the popular choice here. He had a horrible first year in the NHL. He looked very slow and not much of a hockey IQ. If he had any skill he would have produced more points than last year. I can certainly understand the excuses about playing on the 4th line and not playing with any good players, however, if he had some legit NHL skill/talent he would have at least carried the 4th line and let his skill shine.

becaus ehe is never projected to become the go to guy and was on a line with reasoner and pandolfo and to start the season he got injured in training camp and missed the first month and a half so every one else was already in close to mid season form and he was way behind especially for a league he never played in prior

GordieHoweHatTrick 11-08-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg (Post 55623693)
Boedker's basically a bust at this time, so Nino defiantly.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I had no idea Nino's points were so low last season! Boedker has shown glimpses but Nino's potential is a little higher, question is, will he reach it? I take Boedker now but I wouldn't fret if my team had Nino instead. I love the way both these guys play, skill coupled with some grit!

Ginu 11-08-2012 03:08 PM

Seems like a toss up. Long-term I'd probably say Niederreiter but this year who knows. It may be Tavares who helps Niederreiter reach his potential much faster. I believe they had comparable hits too last year and play the same style of game. This is hard.

StrongIslanders90 11-08-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviators;55623797[B
]He was a 19 year old skill player on the fourth line of the New York Islanders. [/B]No disrespect, Isles fans, but the NYI fourth lines haven't exactly been the best bunch of players available. he had very little ice-time, and didn't even have a shot to adjust to the pro game from tearing up juniors. C'mon man, you can't expect every high-profile prospect to jump right in and look like a veteran...

Bingo!


Also not to mention he was going through a few injuries....

The biggest flaw in his game is his skating, this year it looks much better.

I have no worries about Nino if he is playing in the correct role.

If he is centerd by Tavares, Strome, or a Nelson he will be fine....

KapG 11-08-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msv957 (Post 55623619)
Not sure why Nino is the popular choice here. He had a horrible first year in the NHL. He looked very slow and not much of a hockey IQ. If he had any skill he would have produced more points than last year. I can certainly understand the excuses about playing on the 4th line and not playing with any good players, however, if he had some legit NHL skill/talent he would have at least carried the 4th line and let his skill shine.

he played with some of the NHLs most ineffective players last year. It was a black ******* hole.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.