HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Kevin O on Andrew Peters (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12808)

Chainshot 09-20-2003 08:18 AM

Kevin O on Andrew Peters

Andro gets some ink: "Amerks: Rough, tough and he knows his role"

Rhett4 09-20-2003 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot

That was one of my favorite articles of the morning. As well as the Roy one.

I wish I could get some clips of the fights with Peters last night, but from what I heard during and after the game, it appeared he was pretty dominant.

Not only is he built like Laraque now in terms of height and weight, he's finally learned how to punch without injuring himself. I think that the boxing lessons and 23 pounds have started him on the track to being a legitimate NHL enforcer.

I wish we could have seen him in action against some real NHLers though. McGrattan and Brookbank are tough customers, but they are AHL tough guys. I think Chris Neil would have been a good test for Peters last night (but I guess he respectfully declined).

He needs to get at a gateway type guy, a middle of the road NHL tough guy, at some point this preseason. If he can convincingly win a fight like that, I think that will answer a lot of questions.

cybresabre 09-20-2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

good article, but who do you think you are, jim bob?
:rolly:

Chainshot 09-20-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
That was one of my favorite articles of the morning. As well as the Roy one.

I wish I could get some clips of the fights with Peters last night, but from what I heard during and after the game, it appeared he was pretty dominant.

Not only is he built like Laraque now in terms of height and weight, he's finally learned how to punch without injuring himself. I think that the boxing lessons and 23 pounds have started him on the track to being a legitimate NHL enforcer.

I wish we could have seen him in action against some real NHLers though. McGrattan and Brookbank are tough customers, but they are AHL tough guys. I think Chris Neil would have been a good test for Peters last night (but I guess he respectfully declined).

He needs to get at a gateway type guy, a middle of the road NHL tough guy, at some point this preseason. If he can convincingly win a fight like that, I think that will answer a lot of questions.

I think he needs to step up against a legit top of the line tough guy. If not that, then someone who's got that reputation if no longer the ability. Think back to Boulton making the team, he stepped up and demolished Probert. Yes, Probert was slipping, but he still had the reputation. At his size Peters has to take on everyone.

Chainshot 09-20-2003 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybresabre
good article, but who do you think you are, jim bob?
:rolly:

Qua? It's an easy nick to come to for Peters

Rob Paxon 09-20-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Qua? It's an easy nick to come to for Peters

I think he's referring to the fact that Jim Bob always makes the one-line posts with a link to the latest Sabres-related article (and it is always much appreciated).

Rhett4 09-20-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

I think he needs to step up against a legit top of the line tough guy. If not that, then someone who's got that reputation if no longer the ability. Think back to Boulton making the team, he stepped up and demolished Probert. Yes, Probert was slipping, but he still had the reputation. At his size Peters has to take on everyone.

True. I have no doubt that he will be looking for any takers...whether they be other young, tough guys or the Brashears of the league.

What about Tie Domi when the team faces the Leafs? He's small, and getting up there in age, but he still has a reputation. He's been known to oblige the younger guys in the past.

Chainshot 09-20-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_paxon
I think he's referring to the fact that Jim Bob always makes the one-line posts with a link to the latest Sabres-related article (and it is always much appreciated).

Did realize that was patented... I supposed he owes me royalties then.

Chainshot 09-20-2003 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
True. I have no doubt that he will be looking for any takers...whether they be other young, tough guys or the Brashears of the league.

What about Tie Domi when the team faces the Leafs? He's small, and getting up there in age, but he still has a reputation. He's been known to oblige the younger guys in the past.

Tie turns down more than he accepts now. Belak's probably a better bet in the Leaf games to dance. Same with Shelley when they play the Jackets.

Rhett4 09-20-2003 12:40 PM

Quote:

Tie turns down more than he accepts now. Belak's probably a better bet in the Leaf games to dance. Same with Shelley when they play the Jackets.

Yeah Belak slipped my mind for some reason. He'd be an excellent bet as would Shelley. Good call, Chain. Both have the size that Peters has (maybe not the weight in Shelley's case) and the NHL level experience. I can't wait.

cybresabre 09-20-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_paxon

yeah, it's just that recently jb has saved me (some others i'm sure) some time looking for articles by just putting the link down.

Quote:

Did realize that was patented... I supposed he owes me royalties then.

just felt like saying something, didn't really mean anything by it.
:)