HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280815)

oilersfan11 11-08-2012 07:28 AM

Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster

To Boston
Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton
Dougie Hamilton
Tyler Seguin

supert 11-08-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 55616925)
To Boston
Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton
Dougie Hamilton
Tyler Seguin

Boston would say no , Edmonton would say no .

oilersfan11 11-08-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supert (Post 55616959)

Reasons?

Vankiller Whale 11-08-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 55616975)
Reasons?

I doubt Edmonton would trade half their core(including their future captain) and Hamilton is seen as a Chara-replacement in the future.

supert 11-08-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55616993)
I doubt Edmonton would trade half their core(including their future captain) and Hamilton is seen as a Chara-replacement in the future.

Reason , Is this . also Boston,s biggest need is defence going forward

Fro 11-08-2012 07:50 AM

boston won't be trading Hamilton any time soon....nor should they...

The Dangley One 11-08-2012 08:00 AM

Stud dman prospect > stud forward prospect

416Leafer 11-08-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Hmm I think Boston would say no and Edmonton would say yes...

Centres/D are worth more than wingers. Edmonton also happens to need another top 6 C and a top pairing D, so it would give them exactly what they need.

I also don't think there are any huge discrepencies potential wise in this trade. If Hall becomes something like Nash/Iginla and Hamilton becomes something like Weber/Chara... I'll take the Weber/Chara. Same goes for Ovechkin-lite vs PPG well rounded centreman.

Not to mention Edm would STILL have Eberle has an arguable franchise winger to go along with RNH/Seguin up front. Gives them a much more balanced line-up with high potential pieces in really important positions.

BonMorrison 11-08-2012 08:01 AM

Boston is not trading from an area of strength - quite an easy no from them.

Also in the crazy world world Seguin actually gets traded to the Oilers, I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be Hall going back over as Oilers management probably would want them to play together.

Beesfan 11-08-2012 08:08 AM

Pretty equal on talent, but no GM is going to trade a Canadian superstar prospect for a Russian superstar prospect. I say that as a fan of Yakupov too.

Also, the Bruins aren't in a position to trade a superstar D prospect for a superstar forward prospect. So this doesn't work for a couple reasons.

Tim Vezina Thomas 11-08-2012 08:09 AM

Speaking from a purely NHL 13 Fantasy perspective...

Edmonton should probably do this, I think Seguin/Hall and Yakupov/Hamilton are close enough value wise where it makes it an even swap. I might say Seguin/Yakupov are worth more, but it evens out IMO.

Doing this trade would give the Oilers Seguin/RNH down the middle and have two stud prospects on the backend in Hamilton/Schultz. Would give the Bruins two top six wingers immediately, and having Krejci/Bergeron (who are already the centers now) is obviously the reasoning for being able to trade Seguin.

Speaking from a real life perspective.....

Neither team would do this, ever, ever.

Oates2Neely 11-08-2012 08:11 AM

No thanks.

Seguin is progressing just fine, and at this point I think he's a step ahead of Hall for now.

Hamilton as previously mentioned is needed to be Bostons future stud anchor on D. While Yakupov would be exciting, Boston has a good stable of scoring wingers as of now (Marchand Lucic Horton). Bostons need is on defense.

*If Seguin proves he can take over #1 center duties this season, I'd be curious to look into this deal below:

To EDM:
Malcom Subban
David Krejci

To BOS:
Nail Yakupov
MPS

ManByng 11-08-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 55617273)
No thanks.

Seguin is progressing just fine, and at this point I think he's a step ahead of Hall for now.

Hamilton as previously mentioned is needed to be Bostons future stud anchor on D. While Yakupov would be exciting, Boston has a good stable of scoring wingers as of now (Marchand Lucic Horton). Bostons need is on defense.

*If Seguin proves he can take over #1 center duties this season, I'd be curious to look into this deal below:

To EDM:
Malcom Subban
David Krejci

To BOS:
Nail Yakupov
MPS

i disagree that Seguin is a step ahead, he was just injury free last year and as a result score more points. had Hall played all year injury free, he would have easily had more goals and perhaps a few more points. i think they are both progressing at about the same level right now. and yes the Oil didn't get Seguin in the draft but i am still a fan of his.

IceDaddy 11-08-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oates2Neely (Post 55617273)
No thanks.

To EDM:
Malcom Subban
David Krejci

To BOS:
Nail Yakupov
MPS

I think Boston would have to add a bit......but as a habs fan I approve of sending Subban out west

Richard Murray 11-08-2012 08:25 AM

Is it a fair trade, yes. Would it go through on NHL 13, yes. But the big problem is that it doesn't fit the needs of both teams. Bruins have been looking for that PMD for years, and Hamilton can do that and much much more.

Hurt 11-08-2012 08:27 AM

Seems like Edmonton gets positional needs filled with a potential #1D and a C to play behind RNH while Boston gets a player who has missed quite a few games in both of his seasons and a winger they don't need.

Eennad142 11-08-2012 08:31 AM

When elite-level prospects are acquired by whatever means, they stick like super glue; that includes MSubban, who will be starting in goal sooner rather than later. MPS would be redundant in Boston, and would never flourish in defensive system.

HockeyGuruPitka 11-08-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 55616925)
To Boston
Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton
Dougie Hamilton
Tyler Seguin

Boston isnt deep enough at center and Edmonton needs more of a defensive catalist then Dougie Hamilton to make a trade of this magnitude. Edmonton would need to be getting a more complete guy to justify trading Hall or Yakupov, someone like Shea Webber. After watching Dougie these past two years i see him being an offensive force but a defensive liability (at times).

Oilin Toronto 11-08-2012 08:50 AM

Edmonton says NO THANKS.

Hall is developing very well. Has a higher pt/gm average than seguin, and is the heart and soul of this team. He is not going anywhere.

Hamilton for Yaks is not even close. Yak will become an elite scorer in the NHL...and I firmly believe that Hamilton becomes a fantastic D as well. However, if Edmonton wanted a D, they had the pick of the litter in a draft that had several, very highly regarded D's.

IMO Edmonton would not be interested in this deal!!!

Oilin Toronto 11-08-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eennad142 (Post 55617533)
When elite-level prospects are acquired by whatever means, they stick like super glue; that includes MSubban, who will be starting in goal sooner rather than later. MPS would be redundant in Boston, and would never flourish in defensive system.

Actually, MPS has difficulty flourishing in the wide open style that Edmonton plays. He is very sound defensively, and has all the tools to become a shut down type of a player.

I personally like MPS' game, and feel that under no circumstances should we be giving up on a player like MPS at such a young age.

BruinsNeedaRussian 11-08-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka (Post 55617631)
Boston isnt deep enough at center and Edmonton needs more of a defensive catalist then Dougie Hamilton to make a trade of this magnitude. Edmonton would need to be getting a more complete guy to justify trading Hall or Yakupov, someone like Shea Webber. After watching Dougie these past two years i see him being an offensive force but a defensive liability (at times).

Um, what? Because we are so deep at center, Seguin doesn't even get to play center.

Anyway Boston needs the high-end D prospect in Hamilton, even if the value is shifted towards us. Edmonton likely rejects giving up two first overalls in a trade that have more value (combined).

HockeyGuruPitka 11-08-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian (Post 55617947)
Um, what? Because we are so deep at center, Seguin doesn't even get to play center.

Anyway Boston needs the high-end D prospect in Hamilton, even if the value is shifted towards us. Edmonton likely rejects giving up two first overalls in a trade that have more value (combined).

I just dont see Boston with a true #1c (outside of Seguin). Keep Seguin who most likely will become an elite center and part ways with Krejci.

Sevren 11-08-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka (Post 55617631)
Boston isnt deep enough at center

:laugh:

Seguin doesn't even play center because the team has too many of them.

As some people have pointed out, Boston has very few defensive prospects and Chara is not getting younger. Hamilton is needed more than Yakupov at this point. But if Chara is 3-4 years younger I pull the trigger on this deal and would even be willing to add a mid-level prospect or a draft pick.

Tim Vezina Thomas 11-08-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto (Post 55617777)
Edmonton says NO THANKS.

Hall is developing very well. Has a higher pt/gm average than seguin, and is the heart and soul of this team. He is not going anywhere.

Hamilton for Yaks is not even close. Yak will become an elite scorer in the NHL...and I firmly believe that Hamilton becomes a fantastic D as well. However, if Edmonton wanted a D, they had the pick of the litter in a draft that had several, very highly regarded D's.

IMO Edmonton would not be interested in this deal!!!

Don't worry, Boston says no thanks as well.

gonzo11 11-08-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 55616975)
Reasons?

Most oiler fans would take Hall over Seguin and Yakupov over Hamilton
and Boston would want more and things would just get ugly from there