HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Cory Schneider and only Cory Schneider! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1280983)

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 05:51 PM

Cory Schneider and only Cory Schneider!

Since there has been some traction involving Schneider. I thought it best he have his own, lest we get boggled down in Luongo discussions. Therefore, I ask all proposals strictly be kept to those involving Schneider.

On the subject at hand, these were the offers I proposed in the other thread, alongside a few others. And I'd like to gauge Leafdom's reaction. I also preface this by saying I am open to twinks and debates on the offers.

:leafs

Cory Schneider
Mason Raymond

:nucks

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
Conditional first (only if Lupul does not resign)
------

Cory Schneider

James Van Riemsdyk
1st 2013 or Nazem Kadri
------

Cory Schneider

Mikhail Grabovski (Personally, I would be content straight up but some will argue more)
------

Cory Schneider

Jake Gardiner
Conditional 1st (playoffs or defaults to 2014)
------

My personal choice would be the Lupul trade. He best answers our needs and am confident not only that we can resign him, but he will maintain a 60+ point performance. Admittedly, him being a favorite of mine does lead to partial bias.

Vankiller Whale 11-08-2012 05:53 PM

Schneider for Grabovski may be rejected by leafs fans simply because of their centre depth, but valuewise it's a huge win for them.

The others I'm okay with, though.

Winroba 11-08-2012 05:53 PM

What traction has been had with Schneider?

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 55629761)
What traction has been had with Schneider?

Nothing official, just discussions in the Lu thread and on the Nuck board that all too often end up buried. I figure this way we can keep the two separate. I'd like to see what Schneider could bring without Lu getting dragged into it.

Bernier the Boats 11-08-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55629749)
Schneider for Grabovski may be rejected by leafs fans simply because of their centre depth, but valuewise it's a huge win for them.

I would accept it.

Seatoo 11-08-2012 06:02 PM

I would do the JVR deal if it was JVR + Kadri + 2013 1st + B Prospect otherwise its an easy no to the rest of the deals.

Vankiller Whale 11-08-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55629831)
Nothing official, just discussions in the Lu thread and on the Nuck board that all too often end up buried. I figure this way we can keep the two separate. I'd like to see what Schneider could bring without Lu getting dragged into it.

I've tried it a good 2-3 teams since the season ended. Never really succeeded in keeping Luongo out of it, but may as well try. Something that would really appeal to me would be something like this:

To Washington: Schneider, Saad
To Chicago: Holtby
To Vancouver: Kuznetsov

That is, ideally I'd want the return to be a single stud player, but as that's fairly unlikely, JVR + 1st would make the most sense for us from Toronto, imo.

Bernier the Boats 11-08-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 55629943)
I would do the JVR deal if it was JVR + Kadri + 2013 1st + B Prospect otherwise its an easy no to the rest of the deals.

Would you also like Kessel? Perhaps Brian Burke's tie as well?

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55629749)

That trade is likely my least preferred, if only because it pushes Kesler to the wing. Curious though, what would you add to it?

Vankiller Whale 11-08-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55629981)
That trade is likely my least preferred, if only because it pushes Kesler to the wing. Curious though, what would you add to it?

I don't know. I'm not too keen on Grabovski being the centrepiece of a Schneider trade, and I have to believe that Leafs fans would prefer a different piece as well. Having 5.5 mil locked up on a 3C(although he is a very solid player) just doesn't seem like good asset management to me.

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

See, the thing is. I'm trying not to rip the Leafs off. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55629963)
I've tried it a good 2-3 teams since the season ended. Never really succeeded in keeping Luongo out of it, but may as well try. Something that would really appeal to me would be something like this:

To Washington: Schneider, Saad
To Chicago: Holtby
To Vancouver: Kuznetsov

That is, ideally I'd want the return to be a single stud player, but as that's fairly unlikely, JVR + 1st would make the most sense for us from Toronto, imo.

Oh, I have noticed but here's hoping the third time's the charm!

That would be an ideal trade, although I suspect both Chicago and Washington being a bit gun shy. Both Kuznetsov and Saad are highly regarded. Good value all around though.

LiquidSnake 11-08-2012 06:13 PM

No thanks. Would take none of those proposals from a Canuck perspective.

CanuckLuck 11-08-2012 06:19 PM

No thanks. Don't like any piece Toronto has if Schneider is going the other way.

Just watching Schneider gives me the chills. Guy has ice in his veins and I don't like the idea of trading him at all. And even though Eddie Lack is looking poised to make an NHL debut within the next couple of years, he still has a giant question mark. Schneider is the real deal.

Lucbourdon 11-08-2012 06:20 PM

I would only do the Gardiner deal, the rest are not close.

vanwest 11-08-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidSnake (Post 55630145)
No thanks. Would take none of those proposals from a Canuck perspective.

Me neither. The objective of any trade should be to improve our team. I don't see how trading Schneider for any of those assets does that, other than the Gardiner trade where we are getting a really good player back but we are already solid on defence. I obviously think very highly of Schneider and think that he will be undervalued because he is not yet a proven starter. He's as blue chip as they come IMO. If we're going to trade him I want a blue chip forward signed to a reasonably favourable deal.

Phion Keneuf 11-08-2012 06:32 PM

Grabo is the only one I'd do.

Maybe the Lupul deal if he wants 6ish mil (and van signs him)

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 55630587)
Me neither. The objective of any trade should be to improve our team. I don't see how trading Schneider for any of those assets does that, other than the Gardiner trade where we are getting a really good player back but we are already solid on defence. I obviously think very highly of Schneider and think that he will be undervalued because he is not yet a proven starter. He's as blue chip as they come IMO. If we're going to trade him I want a blue chip forward signed to a reasonably favourable deal.

I have frequently advocated acquiring Gardiner and using him in another trade, be it immediately or by the deadline, that does address our needs better. As always, Ryan and Perry come to mind.

In any case, these are dependent on how you see the players involved panning out. I like the upside Lupul and JVR have. Perhaps, some minor twinking is needed but I don't feel much. Granted, I am also far more open to the idea of moving Schneider if the return is better.

vanwest 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55630747)
I have frequently advocated acquiring Gardiner and using him in another trade, be it immediately or by the deadline, that does address our needs better. As always, Ryan and Perry come to mind.

In any case, these are dependent on how you see the players involved panning out. I like the upside Lupul and JVR have. Perhaps, some minor twinking is needed but I don't feel much. Granted, I am also far more open to the idea of moving Schneider if the return is better.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd trade Luongo for a low return and hang onto Schneider even if the return was significantly higher. I'm like the poster above who sees Schneider as the real deal. And that is even though I see Gardiner as the real deal too. He's going to be a stud defenceman IMO.

To me, JVR is basically the same as Luke Schenn who I feel we could have traded Luongo for and Lupul is a year from free agency (I know we get a conditional first) and has had some massive consistency and injury issues. Schneider sets us up in net for quite a while and contrary to many on here I don't think that good young goalies are easy to find or develop.

timw33 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

Would absolutely do none of those deals.

Schnieder's value is much, much, much greater than Luongo's and should be reflected as such.

Minimum: Gardiner + 1st + +

CanuckLuck 11-08-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timw33 (Post 55630821)

Schnieder's value is much, much, much greater than Luongo's and should be reflected as such.

This is quite ridiculous. Gardiner and Schneider probably have similar value.

Bourne Endeavor 11-08-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 55630815)
I'm probably in the minority but I'd trade Luongo for a low return and hang onto Schneider even if the return was significantly higher. I'm like the poster above who sees Schneider as the real deal. And that is even though I see Gardiner as the real deal too. He's going to be a stud defenceman IMO.

That's fair. I'm mostly just gauging whereabouts Schneider's value might be. I know a good portion of our fanbase wants to keep him above all. Perhaps, I just see Lack following a similar path to that of Schneider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timw33 (Post 55630821)

Did you mean Schneider or Lundqvist? :laugh:

I'm all for those just not wanting to deal Schneider. That is fair. This... is not.

vanwest 11-08-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 55630929)
That's fair. I'm mostly just gauging whereabouts Schneider's value might be. I know a good portion of our fanbase wants to keep him above all. Perhaps, I just see Lack following a similar path to that of Schneider.

If I was guaging value I'd place him as equal to Jake Gardiner.

mytor4* 11-08-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

I wonder why.:shakehead

y2kcanucks 11-08-2012 07:23 PM

Phil Kessel for Cory Schneider.

FAMOUSfin 11-08-2012 07:28 PM

Gardiner+1st or Reilly+2nd. No way Schneids gets traded for an injury prone defensive liability who was considered a draft bust up until last year.