HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Soccer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   MLS 2012 Season Thread II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281041)

Live in the Now 11-08-2012 08:54 PM

MLS 2012 Season Thread II
 
For after this game.

Chimaera 11-08-2012 08:58 PM

Hamid already on twitter saying that Cooper leaped. He certainly sold it, even if there was some contact.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-08-2012 09:06 PM

It looked like he grabbed his leg IMO.

Lets go Seattle !!!

Why is Zakuani on the bench he's one of our best players ?

Hopefully we can finally get past the hump....

Never won a playoff round !

Tonight's the night !

KingLB 11-08-2012 09:10 PM

Zak is still in the middle of coming back from his broken leg....

Anyways...hoping for a great game, these are 2 of my favorite teams in the league.

Glad DC moved on, now if they can beat Houston and one of these beat LA I'll be satisfied.

Oh and Hamid needs to stop getting called up and just become a better keeper over the next few years.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-08-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLB (Post 55634809)
Zak is still in the middle of coming back from his broken leg....

Anyways...hoping for a great game, these are 2 of my favorite teams in the league.

Glad DC moved on, now if they can beat Houston and one of these beat LA I'll be satisfied.

Oh and Hamid needs to stop getting called up and just become a better keeper over the next few years.

It's taken him the whole year to do so ?

He hardly ever plays...

I hope that Seattle wins !

Hamid has plenty of time, might get snatched up by a euro club though..

HajdukSplit 11-08-2012 09:18 PM

what a rough way for NYRB to go out but its nothing new for that franchise

they must be cursed or something

KingLB 11-08-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55635033)
It's taken him the whole year to do so ?

He hardly ever plays...

I hope that Seattle wins !

Hamid has plenty of time, might get snatched up by a euro club though..

Broken leg for a soccer play is devastating...there is a good chance he is never "back".

If Hamid gets snatched by a Euro club he will never have a chance to develop his game and will rot on the bench for years before coming back. Guzan was much better prepared to go to Europe and he sat on the bench at Villa for a few years.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-08-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLB (Post 55635099)
Broken leg for a soccer play is devastating...there is a good chance he is never "back".

If Hamid gets snatched by a Euro club he will never have a chance to develop his game and will rot on the bench for years before coming back. Guzan was much better prepared to go to Europe and he sat on the bench at Villa for a few years.

Okay, I'm not much of a soccer player, so bare with me here !

So he may have to retire if he doesn't take it slowly ? Is this good progress for him to be on the bench regularly ?

Does Guzan even start at Villa ?

KingLB 11-08-2012 10:47 PM

Wow was just gonna say how this match (and series) had let me down. That was a sick goal.

Also Guzan finally started to get the starts this year over Given.

The Russian General 11-08-2012 10:48 PM

First game was pretty good. GKs were amazing.

But man, that shot was a rocket.

Brock Anton 11-08-2012 11:19 PM

Stunned that Seattle won at Salt Lake.

Actually, I'm more stunned that Seattle didn't choke away the lead.

kingsboy11 11-09-2012 12:29 AM

This should be a fun a series against seattle.

Also, was there something wrong with rosales tonight because I don't think he played tonight. Maybe just in case they went into extratime and he could be nice energetic for the extra 30 min?

Brock Anton 11-09-2012 12:38 AM

Rosales has a hamstring issue, he may not be fit in time for the 1st leg either.

At this point, it's going to be hard to bet against LA and Houston, I'm sensing an MLS Cup rematch.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-09-2012 08:57 AM

Hello Seattle !!!!!!

luongoisdaman 11-09-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

The New York Red Bulls announced that the contract for head coach Hans Backe, which expires at the end of the year, will not be extended.
http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/...ot-be-extended

...and boom goes the dynamite.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-09-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luongoisdaman (Post 55650115)

Lol what did he do to get fired ?

AdmiralsFan24 11-09-2012 07:34 PM

It's not really a firing.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-09-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 55654709)
It's not really a firing.

Well technically he did..

Clowe Me 11-09-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55654411)
Lol what did he do to get fired ?

His contract expired. They chose not to give him another. He wasn't fired, just not brought back.

Vamos Rafa 11-09-2012 09:05 PM

Henry and Marquez' last season at NYRB?

IHaveNoCreativity 11-09-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clowe Me (Post 55655117)
His contract expired. They chose not to give him another. He wasn't fired, just not brought back.

I prefer the alternative view where he was fired... :)

Because technically it's what it is, but instead they are letting his contract run out.

kingsboy11 11-09-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 55657199)
Henry and Marquez' last season at NYRB?

Marquez probably. Not sure about Henry. And whoever thought getting marquez was a good idea should be fired. They should have known better.

Brock Anton 11-09-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 55657199)
Henry and Marquez' last season at NYRB?

Doubtful on Henry (he's still their main attraction), but Marquez should be sold to the highest Mexican bidder or traded to Chivas. I don't see a way that he comes back.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-10-2012 09:49 AM

What has Marquez done ?

kingsboy11 11-10-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55664865)
What has Marquez done ?

Not sure if sarcasm or not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.