HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Raptors Discussion: v22: Chuckers gonna chuck (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281049)

The Nemesis 11-08-2012 09:15 PM

v22: Chuckers gonna chuck

sorry for the delay in getting a new topic. Boards going wonky.

Hyperglide 11-08-2012 09:17 PM

No worries Nem. Copied and pasted my post from the last thread. Thank god for the back button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 55622125)
It's getting really hard watching Landry Fields try to play basketball.

Too all you people still defending Fields.. lol. I present the following exhibit. I kinda actually kinda feel bad for the guy. And not cause of what Jack and Devlin said. The guy has no confidence at all currently. He wasn't no where near this bad, even with the Knicks according to their fans.

Exhibit A

Exhbit B

He needs to dump his hot GF and focus on his layups and jump shooting.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/1/...dry_fields.jpg

:laugh:

Lets NBA!

Hanta Yo 11-08-2012 09:24 PM

Have zero sympathy towards Fields. Part of the hate will stem from that terrible contract he received from BC.

On a side note, I would welcome back VC with open arms if he wanted to retire as a Raptor, but I'm not in love with the idea of retiring his number.

Hyperglide 11-08-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanta Yo (Post 55635249)
Have zero sympathy towards Fields. Part of the hate will stem from that terrible contract he received from BC.

On a side note, I would welcome back VC with open arms if he wanted to retire as a Raptor, but I'm not in love with the idea of retiring his number.

Agreed if Vince comes back now I wouldn't mind. My hate ran out a long time ago, in regards to him dogging it and forcing Babcocks hand. He's in the twilight of his career and if he comes back for a vet. minimum he'd be a solid bench player for us. At least better then Dominic McGuire and Laundry Fields.

JMcLeaf 11-08-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperglide (Post 55634999)
Exhibit A

:laugh: still makes me laugh

He handled the ball like it was burning hot

Everlong 11-08-2012 10:33 PM

Great title.

Hurt 11-08-2012 10:40 PM

Who lets this guy keep making threads? :sarcasm:

Eytinge 11-09-2012 01:10 AM

Who is the thread title referring to? Bargnani, Lucas, Derozan??? Got a lot of chuckers on this team.

Eyedea 11-09-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eytinge (Post 55638821)
Who is the thread title referring to? Bargnani, Lucas, Derozan??? Got a lot of chuckers on this team.

I don't think it's referring to a single person.

Chuckers gonna chuck

Crabovski* 11-09-2012 07:01 AM

Anyone who thinks a team with 4 guards and 1 rookie forward can make the playoffs is delusional. Unless Terrence Ross turns into a 20ppg guy I think this raptors squad is going to have even less success than the leafs over the next 8 years.

Eytinge 11-09-2012 12:37 PM

Mike Brown fired already. Wow.

The Nemesis 11-09-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eytinge (Post 55638821)

I think the fact that the question even needs to be asked illustrates perfectly why it's a very fitting title. :laugh:

Ari91 11-09-2012 02:16 PM

I know it's still very early into the season but the Lakers having the same record as the Raptors makes me :laugh:

NeverGoingToWin 11-09-2012 02:18 PM

College basketball starts today as well for anybody who cares.

Giuseppe Sallo 11-09-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eytinge (Post 55645157)
Mike Brown fired already. Wow.

Is Sam Mitchell available? :laugh:

Poor Brown. A team with a bunch of egos. Nothing is going right. Go Raps!

Giuseppe Sallo 11-09-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanta Yo (Post 55635249)

He doesn't seem like he wants to be here. Also, he's lazy.

MrLegend28 11-09-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysLeafsTFCfan (Post 55647187)
College basketball starts today as well for anybody who cares.

when is the 24 hour marathon?

NeverGoingToWin 11-09-2012 04:37 PM

Good question. Forced me to look it up.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-college-hoops

It starts on Monday night at midnight. Technically every game is on Tuesday.

Quote:

Midnight: West Virginia at Gonzaga
2 a.m.: Davidson at New Mexico
4 a.m.: Houston Baptist at Hawaii
6 a.m.: Stony Brook at Rider
8 a.m.: Northern Illinois at Valparaiso
10 a.m.: Harvard at Massachusetts
12 p.m.: Temple at Kent State
2 p.m.: Detroit at St. John's
4 p.m.: Butler at Xavier.
7 p.m.: Michigan State vs. Kansas
9:30: Duke vs. Kentucky
Only three of those games look interesting to me.

Kb21 11-09-2012 10:16 PM

mike brown just wasn't the right hire to begin with.

it goes back to when jerry bus stepped down and allowed his son jim to run the franchise. after phil jackson retired all the lakers wanted their assistant HC to be their new HC but jim bus never saw it that way, instead he went out of his way to hire mike brown.

i feel sorry for mike brown as he isn't a bad coach, just placed in bad positions. i mean what team with a whole roster of new players is going to come out firing. look at the celt's, they are also struggling but no one is asking for doc rivers head.

Swervin81 11-09-2012 11:09 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...16--ncaab.html

NCAA just makes me :facepalm: with this kind of BS. That South Park episode comparing the NCAA to the slave trade (CBAA) was bang on.

FifthLine 11-09-2012 11:14 PM

If you guys had a choice of which player we could get, who would you choose. Andre Iguodala or Rudy Gay? Who would be a better fit for our team?

Eytinge 11-09-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YunelYESco (Post 55659923)
If you guys had a choice of which player we could get, who would you choose. Andre Iguodala or Rudy Gay? Who would be a better fit for our team?

Gay. AI is a hybrid 2/3 while Gay is a true 3 that can create his own shot, handle the ball and shoot, something that none of our wings can do.

Ari91 11-10-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperglide (Post 55634999)
No worries Nem. Copied and pasted my post from the last thread. Thank god for the back button.

Too all you people still defending Fields.. lol. I present the following exhibit. I kinda actually kinda feel bad for the guy. And not cause of what Jack and Devlin said. The guy has no confidence at all currently. He wasn't no where near this bad, even with the Knicks according to their fans.

Exhibit A

Exhbit B

He needs to dump his hot GF and focus on his layups and jump shooting.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/1/...dry_fields.jpg

:laugh:

Lets NBA!

Landry's dating her? Oh man, what a small world. My friend follows Arencibia on Twitter and I'm pretty sure he hooked up with that chick at the end of last season. They started talking via Twitter, they went on one date and she was already driving out to Nashville to stay with him. He had his fun with her on the weekend and I guess he let her down gently that he didn't want a relationship. After hearing all this, I advised my friend to stop stalking Arencibia but she claims she didn't do any investigating, it all transpired on her timeline...that's what you call it right, a timeline?

Hyperglide 11-10-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swervin81 (Post 55659813)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...16--ncaab.html

NCAA just makes me :facepalm: with this kind of BS. That South Park episode comparing the NCAA to the slave trade (CBAA) was bang on.

He could go play in Europe a la Brandon Jennings. Mind you it's a completely different system but it's better than not playing at all and not getting paid. Maybe his stock will lower cause of this and he falls to the Raps. :sarcasm:

Hyperglide 11-10-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YunelYESco (Post 55659923)

That's a tough one. AI brings defense and is a truly elite defensive SG/SF.

Gay is more of a scorer but he can create his own shot, can cut/slash, and hit the three.

It really depends on what the Raptors need most. I think scoring isn't our problem I would go for AI.

I would take Gay in a heartbeat though. Can't go wrong with either.