HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 Subway Series II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281057)

piqued 11-08-2012 09:44 PM

2012 Subway Series II

Continue.

first thread

Blackhawkswincup 11-08-2012 09:49 PM

How has Shalunov played?

I am hopeful that someday he comes over and gets a shot with Hawks

Trvp Lord 11-08-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 55635899)
How has Shalunov played?

I am hopeful that someday he comes over and gets a shot with Hawks

Very well IMO. He's a big kid & seems to love shooting the puck, which is good because he has an excellent wrist shot. He's good physically too.

Flynn84 11-08-2012 10:19 PM

What about Zharkov? How he's played?

JSC 11-08-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn84 (Post 55636525)
What about Zharkov? How he's played?

He was forechecking well and played good on the cycle. Had a nice rush where he went between the legs, but aside from that, not much to report. Russia got dominated but they somehow stole it away from the OHL.

ChiGuySez 11-08-2012 10:36 PM

Russia had b2b games and the flight. OHL was rested.

Bure 11-08-2012 10:37 PM

It wasn't domination lol.

MonsterSurge 11-08-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiGuySez (Post 55636831)
Russia had b2b games and the flight. OHL was rested.

Some of the OHL teams played during the week...

MonsterSurge 11-08-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure (Post 55636857)
It wasn't domination lol.

The OHL stopped playing at the end of the game. The OHL controlled most of the game.

DKQ 11-08-2012 10:39 PM

Was at the game tonight, pretty disappointing effort in the 3rd period by the OHL guys.

My likes : Graovac, Puempel, Strome, Ritchie, McDavid, Percy, Finn, Nichushkin (didn't pay attention to too many Russian players)

Dislikes: Koekkoek, Ceci, Murphy, Yakupov

Fulcrum 11-08-2012 10:42 PM

So my impression of the game is that Canada smudged and smeared the puck along the boards for 50 minutes, while Russia was trying to score a home run every time (icing). The last 10 minutes Russia turned it on somewhat.

Forcing the team to play a perimeter game is an even bigger deal on big rinks, and it's not very efficient, since if you beat someone out of the cycle- you're still very far from the net. So that cycling is going to be tough to Canada on Big rink, IMO.

Russian PP? It's actually the same as PK, only they have an extra player to ice the puck lol

Anyway, a quiet game, but a win is a win is a win

Fulcrum 11-08-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterSurge (Post 55636885)
The OHL stopped playing at the end of the game. The OHL controlled most of the game.

Smearing the puck along the boards for 50 minutes is hardly controlling. Of course they spent a good chunk of the game in Russian end, but that takes tramendous amount of energy without the result they wanted.

MonsterSurge 11-08-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulcrum (Post 55636963)
Smearing the puck along the boards for 50 minutes is hardly controlling. Of course they spent a good chunk of the game in Russian end, but that takes tramendous amount of energy without the result they wanted.

I love that kind of gritty hockey. The Russian goalie (and mistakes by Koekkoek (sp??!?), Cecci, Murphy, and others kept them in the game. They played their game until the 3rd period.

Bure 11-08-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterSurge (Post 55636861)
Some of the OHL teams played during the week...

Traveling across the globe plus 3 games in 4 days vs some of the ohl teams played during the week.

Yeah you are right.

Night_Vole 11-08-2012 10:56 PM

Just got back from the game, whoo pleased to see our boys take it. Even got a high five from the goalie :)

Ppl who say Russia got dominated are over exagerating. Sure Canada carried the play and we got bailed out by our goalie a few times. But overall it was fairly back and forth which says alot considering the fatigue from consecutive games and jetlag. Canada started way stronger, but thats how Canada usually plays. The trick is to weather the early storm and keep it close, than convert on your chances: which we did.

Refs were pretty good for the most part, also the arena seemed really quite desite the fact that it was a sell out?

MonsterSurge 11-08-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure (Post 55637177)
Traveling across the globe plus 3 games in 4 days vs some of the ohl teams played during the week.

Yeah you are right.

Oh, well.

Sartorial 11-08-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure (Post 55637177)

Yeah you are right.

Haha I laughed with this.

OHL definitely had an awesome opportunity and didn't capitalize.

They certainly controlled the play most of the game, but oddly generated very few chances.

Bure 11-08-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad (Post 55637787)
Haha I laughed with this.

OHL definitely had an awesome opportunity and didn't capitalize.

They certainly controlled the play most of the game, but oddly generated very few chances.

They just couldn't generate offence. Where was Strome??

Nash 11-08-2012 11:41 PM

McDavid had a few nice plays, but the coach used him very sparingly, especially in the third. Could have used some of his creative offense, but I guess this is more of a tryout for the older guys for the WJC. There seems to only be a few draft eligible players in the series that having someone who isn't eligible until 3 drafts from now is crazy.

Philly85 11-08-2012 11:51 PM

Good for the Russians :)

Randy BoBandy 11-09-2012 12:21 AM

Highlights?

I am the Liquor 11-09-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterSurge (Post 55636885)

The OHL was trapping it up trying to protect a one goal lead.

Silly ****ers.:laugh:

Brett Ritchie had a good game.

Dallas has another player by the looks of it.

Hopefully Khoklachev is alright. That would be a huge loss for Russia. Scary looking play.

Mr Writer 11-09-2012 02:51 AM

Excellent, entertaining and competitive game... overall the types of games we all like to see...
When is the next one, Monday?

clarkebr 11-09-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Writer (Post 55639319)
Excellent, entertaining and competitive game... overall the types of games we all like to see...
When is the next one, Monday?

this series is fabulous to watch. I like the format. It is a chance for everyone to view players we only hear about.
I just hope the NHL doesn't screw this up with a December schedule that has half of the players concentrating on making the NHL and disheartened players coming back into the fold.

Mr Writer 11-09-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkebr (Post 55639669)
this series is fabulous to watch. I like the format. It is a chance for everyone to view players we only hear about.
I just hope the NHL doesn't screw this up with a December schedule that has half of the players concentrating on making the NHL and disheartened players coming back into the fold.

I'm afraid the NHL is going to screw it up... expect for players to be called to camp by Sunday...They'll have 3 days to report.. Not sure if any of the Russian players at the SSS will be exempt and report later upon the conclusion of the series. i.e. Yakupov reporting to Edmonton. We all noticed he traveled to Canada with an Edmonton Oilers equipment bag...so he's expecting to get the call.

just my opinion. take it for what it's worth... not much. I didn't think we'd be in a lockout again. NHL ***holes.