HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Injured Cats: If the lockout ended today, what would our team look like? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281133)

JP Mick 11-09-2012 02:16 AM

Injured Cats: If the lockout ended today, what would our team look like?

Just a thought since we might actually see a half season if the NHLPA and Bettman and Co. get their thick heads to figure out a solution to this mess.
A few of our players injured themselves overseas playing during the lockout and a couple were already banged up.
I just wanted to try and and figure out who would be healthy and ready to go if MAYBE a deal was struck and I could finally get my proper hockey fix instead of watching way too much basketball and car racing.

Injuries:

Kris Versteeg- Hip surgery -- as of Oct. 27, he is skating but still recovering and has not been cleared for hockey contact.

Sean Bergenheim- Groin? Lower Body injury-- only played two games in Finland and had to fly back for medical treatment.

Tomas Kopecky- Dislocated Shoulder-- This happened recently in Slovakia and he should be out for a while. Flew back here for medical treatment. Dislocated shoulders are not an injury that heals quick, especially for someone that plays like Kopecky.

Erik Gudbranson- Shoulder injury-- Erik hurt his shoulder working out at the iceplex in early October and was said to be out for four months. Haven't heard much since.

Marcel Goc- Torn Ligament-- Goc wil be out for "weeks" as he got himself hurt playing in Germany.

Anyone care to guess a starting lineup if these guys are still injured and we start playing some good ole' hockey again?
Also, if anyone has updates on these injuries please let us know!

Boooooth10 11-09-2012 05:43 AM

This would be my guess

Flash - Weiss - Mueller
Huberdeau- Matthias - Upshall
Howden? - Santorelli - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Ellerby - Kulikov
Weaver - Jovo

Edit: Kopecky got hurt? Well crap, I don't know who else we can use to take his place. Wellman maybe?

Blad Meaning Gud 11-09-2012 07:14 AM

Expect there to be guys available with the amnesty clause possibility..

Boothinator 11-09-2012 08:44 AM

Wasnt Guds injury in August?

Boothinator 11-09-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 55639843)
This would be my guess

Flash - Weiss - Mueller
Huberdeau- Matthias - Upshall
Howden? - Santorelli - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Ellerby - Kulikov
Weaver - Jovo

Edit: Kopecky got hurt? Well crap, I don't know who else we can use to take his place. Wellman maybe?

Matthias on the second line and Santorelli on the 3rd. This is going to suck:shakehead

gizmo12688 11-09-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boothinator (Post 55641111)

Yeah pretty sure he got hurt around August and had surgery not too long after.

PanthersHockey1 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

Good god our team is made of glass.

Laus723 11-09-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 55641511)
Good god our team is made of glass.

No, it's not.

Steeg and Bergy our biggest injuries, hopefully they'll be back soon. Goc would hurt if he's out for too long. Don't think defense will be an issue.

Coolburn 11-09-2012 10:56 AM

I'd expect the lines to be juggled a bit depending on the start of the season, which would appear to be about 1 month away (or more after reading the memo from Fehr). Keep that in mind, that these guys will still have at least a month more time to recover. In the meantime, we call up Shore, Wellman & Deveaux from the Rampage for that time until guys start returning.

If I had to make a lineup for right this min, here's what I have:

Flash - Weiss - Upshall
Huberdeau - Shore - Mueller
Matthias - Wellman - Skille
Parros - Smithson - Santorelli/Deveaux

Campbell - Kuba
Kulikov - Weaver
Jovo - Ellerby/Strachan

Theo
Clemm

ShootIt 11-09-2012 11:46 AM

Wow, didn't know we had that many injuries over seas.

JP Mick 11-10-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boothinator (Post 55641111)

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure why I said October.

JP Mick 11-10-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 55643219)
I'd expect the lines to be juggled a bit depending on the start of the season, which would appear to be about 1 month away (or more after reading the memo from Fehr). Keep that in mind, that these guys will still have at least a month more time to recover. In the meantime, we call up Shore, Wellman & Deveaux from the Rampage for that time until guys start returning.

If I had to make a lineup for right this min, here's what I have:

Flash - Weiss - Upshall
Huberdeau - Shore - Mueller
Matthias - Wellman - Skille
Parros - Smithson - Santorelli/Deveaux

Campbell - Kuba
Kulikov - Weaver
Jovo - Ellerby/Strachan

Theo
Clemm

That lineup probably makes the most sense, nice job. I would love to see what that second line could do!