HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Josh Bailey to Bietigheim Steelers (Germany2) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281149)

YashinWorksHard 11-09-2012 06:29 AM

Josh Bailey to Bietigheim Steelers (Germany2)
 
http://www.eliteprospects.com/transa...ransfer=147790

TJ Galiardi is playing there too.

Chapin Landvogt 11-09-2012 06:59 AM

Now THAT I will enjoy. If anything close to fit, he should walk over some of these guys in this league.

Isles Junkie 11-09-2012 08:07 AM

Good, I really wanted Josh to sign somewhere. now Get Okposo on a team. if there is going to be a season, I'd like our core to be in some type of game shape.

scott99 11-09-2012 09:04 AM

Is this a bad sign as far as the lockout ? If the CBA agreement was close, I'm sure Bailey's agent wouldn't have told Bailey to sign. I take this as a very bad sign.

redbull 11-09-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 55641389)
Is this a bad sign as far as the lockout ? If the CBA agreement was close, I'm sure Bailey's agent wouldn't have told Bailey to sign. I take this as a very bad sign.

I think it's the opposite.

If they're getting close, this will be like an extended training camp for players who have not been playing.

We have to expect a shortened camp with MAYBE one exhibition game if they come to an agreement. So I see this as good news and extra prep time.

Also, I think Bailey will have a breakout year this year.

(I did not predict this in prior years, like many of us had hoped for, but I think his time is NOW. I don't see a 20G 50A season, but I do expect career highs in offense and an emerging all-around effective player)

Twine Seeking Missle 11-09-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 55641389)
Is this a bad sign as far as the lockout ? If the CBA agreement was close, I'm sure Bailey's agent wouldn't have told Bailey to sign. I take this as a very bad sign.

Yes this is a bad sign. If Bailey just wanted some action to get into game shape for a season that would start in 3 weeks he wouldn't go all the way over to freakin' Germany. There are plenty of local options I'm sure.

IslesRock4 11-09-2012 12:10 PM

Good for Josh. Hope he does well and gets his confidence going.

Isles Junkie 11-09-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 55642145)
Yes this is a bad sign. If Bailey just wanted some action to get into game shape for a season that would start in 3 weeks he wouldn't go all the way over to freakin' Germany. There are plenty of local options I'm sure.

What local options are there? Working out with beer leaguers or NCAA players? I don't think he's allowed to practice with the AHL/ECHLers?

Twine Seeking Missle 11-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 55648147)
What local options are there? Working out with beer leaguers or NCAA players? I don't think he's allowed to practice with the AHL/ECHLers?

I'm not sure of the laws regarding which leagues he can go to/practice with. I was just assuming there HAD to be options closer than Germany. Maybe there aren't. But even then, if a deal were imminent, I can't see a guy going overseas and signing a contract only to come back in 7-10 days.

Oxim Oresi 11-09-2012 08:05 PM

Let's hope DP is healthy enough on the 16th to play against Bailey. The easy goals will be good for Bailey's confidence.

boredmale 11-09-2012 08:08 PM

Just out of curiosity couldn't Josh sign a deal with an AHL team?

IslesNorway 11-11-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmale (Post 55655779)
Just out of curiosity couldn't Josh sign a deal with an AHL team?

I think he being on a one way deal cannot sign in the AHL, but I'm not sure.

Isles72 11-11-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 55642145)
Yes this is a bad sign. If Bailey just wanted some action to get into game shape for a season that would start in 3 weeks he wouldn't go all the way over to freakin' Germany. There are plenty of local options I'm sure.

I understand your point , but there are these things called airplanes .

StrongIslanders90 11-11-2012 08:19 AM

I was wondering what was going on with he and Okposo.
All the luck to Bails

leaponover 11-11-2012 06:56 PM

I'm thinking it just took awhile for anybody to show any interest in him...

Kevin27nyi 11-11-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 55684849)
I was wondering what was going on with he and Okposo.
All the luck to Bails

I believe Okposo is skating and playing regularly in Minnesota with other NHL'ers.

Bert Marshall days 11-12-2012 12:25 AM

Biggest bust since Dolly Parton.

startainfection 11-12-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days (Post 55707281)
Biggest bust since Dolly Parton.

seriously? bailey is far from a bust

SchwenningerWildWing 11-14-2012 02:51 AM

Bailey with 2 Assists in his first game and a good overall showing but his team lost 2-8 at home. Ouch

redbull 11-14-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchwenningerWildWing (Post 55756453)
Bailey with 2 Assists in his first game and a good overall showing but his team lost 2-8 at home. Ouch

thanks for the update.

sounds like they need a goalie. Is DiPietro still kicking around Germany?:handclap:

leaponover 11-14-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startainfection (Post 55729147)
seriously? bailey is far from a bust

Not a bust, but not a boom either....

StumpNYI 11-18-2012 12:21 PM

1G 4A in 2 games.

Is he playing wing or center? Anyone know?

blinkman360 11-19-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days (Post 55707281)
Biggest bust since Dolly Parton.

You serious or did you think that was too good that you had to type it, regardless of whether or not it applied?

Bert Marshall days 11-20-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkman360 (Post 55880293)
You serious or did you think that was too good that you had to type it, regardless of whether or not it applied?


Both. ;)

redbull 11-23-2012 06:38 PM

7pts in 4 games now. Maybe he can get DiPietro a job on his team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.