HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ott - L.A (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281153)

ChronicallyInjured 11-09-2012 07:35 AM

Ott - L.A

Ottawa: Mark Stone

L.A: Tyler Toffoli

Mainly to get Toffoli and Shane Prince together again.

Who needs to add? And what exactly is added?

son of earl 11-09-2012 08:40 AM

I don't think la is going to give up one if there top prospects and top winger.

internetdotcom 11-09-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by son of earl (Post 55641071)
I don't think la is going to give up one if there top prospects and top winger.

Maybe not, but the same can be said for Ottawa here. This is a trade both teams say no to.

White Goodman 11-09-2012 09:50 AM

Let's get Martindale too. :sarcasm:

markisonfire 11-09-2012 12:07 PM

Toffoli is the Kings' best prospect. No chance of this happening.

Hale The Villain 11-09-2012 12:37 PM

Stone > Toffoli

WeridAl 11-09-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hale The Villain (Post 55645161)
Stone > Toffoli

I would agree, without a doubt.

Ouroboros 11-09-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markisonfire (Post 55644555)
Toffoli is the Kings' best prospect. No chance of this happening.

There's are those who believe that Stone is Ottawa's best prospect...

MAK19 11-09-2012 02:21 PM

ToffToff doesn't have the frame or skating to translate all that well to the NHL. He'll be a 2nd liner if everything goes perfect. Stone has more potential.

ReginKarlssonLehner 11-09-2012 05:41 PM

Prince will produce just as much if not more with Stone.

kingsboy11 11-09-2012 05:57 PM

I don't know about this stone guy, but I don't feel comfortable trading our top prospect for him. We have been high on toffoli for a long time now.

MAK19 11-09-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsboy11 (Post 55651951)
I don't know about this stone guy, but I don't feel comfortable trading our top prospect for him. We have been high on toffoli for a long time now.

lol

you know nothing about him, so you dismiss him?

Stone is the guy who played for Canada while Tof was sitting on his butt.

Stone is the guy who outscored Toffoli quite handily last season.

Stone is the guy who stepped right into the NHL playoffs and recorded a point in his first and only game.

Stone is the guy who is a point per game in the AHL this year.

Just cause Toffoli is your #1, doesn't mean he's blue chip.

Vankiller Whale 11-09-2012 06:08 PM

They're probably similar in value. It seems like too much of a lateral move, imo.

Xamboni 11-09-2012 06:35 PM

So Ottawa gets Mark Stone and LA gets Toffoli?

Seems pretty fair.

Telos 11-09-2012 06:35 PM

It's a deal just to make a deal. The Kings are big on grooming their own players through their system. They already have a lot invested in Toffoli and he is highly regarded internally. We are set on centers, defense, and goaltending for the forseeable future, but we can not afford to play around with our wings and their depth. Unless we are packaging prospects and picks for a significant upgrade on the wings, I see no reason for LA to consider moving any wingers whatsoever.

MAK19 11-09-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 55652863)
It's a deal just to make a deal. The Kings are big on grooming their own players through their system. They already have a lot invested in Toffoli and he is highly regarded internally. We are set on centers, defense, and goaltending for the forseeable future, but we can not afford to play around with our wings and their depth. Unless we are packaging prospects and picks for a significant upgrade on the wings, I see no reason for LA to consider moving any wingers whatsoever.

Mark Stone isn't a winger anymore apparently

news to me

Morlesio14* 11-09-2012 06:58 PM

IMO Toffloli > Stone

Leaf Rocket 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Yea I dont think king accept this deal at all. Toffoli is IMO better than stone.

kingsboy11 11-09-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55652123)
lol

you know nothing about him, so you dismiss him?

Stone is the guy who played for Canada while Tof was sitting on his butt.

Stone is the guy who outscored Toffoli quite handily last season.

Stone is the guy who stepped right into the NHL playoffs and recorded a point in his first and only game.

Stone is the guy who is a point per game in the AHL this year.

Just cause Toffoli is your #1, doesn't mean he's blue chip.

whoa dude calm down. I didn't dismiss him. I just didn't know anything about him so I said I don't feel comfortable. No need to try and show me up. Obviously I'm not Dean Lombardi and would know this kind of stuff. Its not like I said anythign bad about him.

Telos 11-09-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55653287)
Mark Stone isn't a winger anymore apparently

news to me

I said that we have a lot invested in him, he is already integrated into the system, and we don't want to shake up our wingers. Unless you were offering a real top 6 winger, there is no need for us to shakeup the system. There is no way Lombardi would give up on Toffoli so soon after drafting him unless there was something out there that was going to upgrade our top 6 on the NHL level right now. There is no need to swap Toffoli just to make a deal, the organization is perfectly happy with him.

LOLERSKATES 11-09-2012 08:38 PM

haha, no way! stone will actually make the nhl!

SpezDispenser 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

No thanks.

MAK19 11-09-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 55656421)
I said that we have a lot invested in him, he is already integrated into the system, and we don't want to shake up our wingers. Unless you were offering a real top 6 winger, there is no need for us to shakeup the system. There is no way Lombardi would give up on Toffoli so soon after drafting him unless there was something out there that was going to upgrade our top 6 on the NHL level right now. There is no need to swap Toffoli just to make a deal, the organization is perfectly happy with him.

In that post you mentioned one little bit about having a lot invested in him - most of the post was rambling about positions. Well, they play the same position, so discussion on that topic is quite irrelevant in this scenario.

The reason you swap him in this case is for a better prospect. Which Stone clearly is.

You have 2 of Brown/Williams/Carter as top 2 RWs. You really want/need/expect an upgrade?

05 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55647235)
ToffToff doesn't have the frame or skating to translate all that well to the NHL. He'll be a 2nd liner if everything goes perfect. Stone has more potential.

if we are talking about skating stones isnt great haha.... :blush:

Telos 11-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55656973)
In that post you mentioned one little bit about having a lot invested in him - most of the post was rambling about positions. Well, they play the same position, so discussion on that topic is quite irrelevant in this scenario.

The reason you swap him in this case is for a better prospect. Which Stone clearly is.

You have 2 of Brown/Williams/Carter as top 2 RWs. You really want/need/expect an upgrade?

Uh no, in that post, I said that we have no interest in messing with our wings whatsoever, depth included, unless there was an upgrade available at the NHL level, and no we have no expectation of upgrading at the position right now, this topic wasn't brought up by Kings fans, but Ottawa fans that like Prince and the 67's.

I am not going to argue over prospect values and crystal balls, especially when there is a notion that Stone is better than Zibanejad and everyone else on the Ottawa depth chart. That's clearly a hornet's nest that nobody rational would walk into.

The only thing I am saying is that Lombardi wouldn't part with Toffoli unless there was an improvement to be made on the NHL roster today. He has done everything asked of him and more, he hasn't performed poorly in any way, shape, or form, and that means something to the Kings. That's it.

It's a deal that doesn't work or interest either team. There should be no offense had by either party.