HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Plekanec and Jagr Lighting Up the CEL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281227)

24Cups 11-09-2012 02:09 PM

Plekanec and Jagr Lighting Up the CEL
 
To all those who thought Plekanec and Jagr would have made good NHL line mates, here's an indication that the tournament chemistry they have demonstrated in the past is probably sustainable over a club team season.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...es/?ref=sports

Et le But 11-09-2012 02:17 PM

I really wish we signed Jagr for a year.

RaMMuT 11-09-2012 02:29 PM

Wow good job Pleky!

Dats my boy!!!

sheed36 11-09-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 55645893)
I really wish we signed Jagr for a year.

Jagr will be 55 years old before we see NHL hockey again. :sarcasm:

Nice to see Pleky tearing it up.

Vincent01 11-09-2012 02:40 PM

Good thing seeing Plekanec putting up numbers, but I don't have any regrets we didn't sign Jagr last year. I mean it's not like 1 year of Jagr was the missing piece for the Habs to win the Stanley Cup. Sure he would certainly had given Plekanec a good winger but anyway I'm confident that he will bounce back this year.

domdo345 11-09-2012 02:42 PM

signing Jagr probably makes us miss on drafting Gally. Short term pain for long term good...

hototogisu 11-09-2012 03:35 PM

I knew I should've taken a flyer on Brunner in my keeper league draft this summer.

Blind Gardien 11-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 55647507)
I knew I should've taken a flyer on Brunner in my keeper league draft this summer.

Ha, I did. Jagr at $4.55M still doesn't seem like too sweet a deal to me. Unless he was willing to sign with us for a lot less than that. But hey, maybe he'll be UFA again before he gets any of that. Maybe the demonstrated chemistry will change Bergevin's mind.

Bronn 11-09-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Cups (Post 55645753)
To all those who thought Plekanec and Jagr would have made good NHL line mates, here's an indication that the tournament chemistry they have demonstrated in the past is probably sustainable over a club team season.

Aren't those synonyms ?

:sarcasm:

Kriss E 11-09-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domdo345 (Post 55646471)
signing Jagr probably makes us miss on drafting Gally. Short term pain for long term good...

We could have signed Jagr this past summer, after drafting Gally.

Jigger77 11-09-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 55645893)
I really wish we signed Jagr for a year.

I agree. But I'd almost rather this than having signed him for a year and then never getting to see him play in a Habs uniform because of the lockout.

PunkinDrublic* 11-09-2012 09:01 PM

Anyone want to hear my thoughts on Plekanecs ? :sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life 11-09-2012 09:33 PM

Where is Patof when you need him :shakehead

Miller Time 11-10-2012 12:06 AM

on the bright side, had PG not been so much smarter than the casual fan, and actually made an effort to sign Jagr, there's a good chance he would have came here, and a good chance that giving Pleks a scoring winger he can play with would have given us 2 solid offensive lines... which JM would have made into a playoff team, meaning we'd still have PG running the show... and no Gally. All in all, lucky for us that PG was "the smartest man in the room".
(and for all the talk of him not coming here b/c we weren't "contenders", 1 year later the guy signs with Dallas... clearly $$ was a priority, if we had made a ballpark offer, the pleks relationship would have definitely put us in the running)

deandebean 11-10-2012 12:22 AM

The German league is really putrid. I mean, Claude Giroux is having a Lemieux-like season there. 19 points in EIGHT games?

Belso 11-10-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 55645893)
I really wish we signed Jagr for a year.

+1

But Gauthier didn't even want to talk to the guy :shakehead

Noob616 11-10-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 55648637)
Ha, I did. Jagr at $4.55M still doesn't seem like too sweet a deal to me. Unless he was willing to sign with us for a lot less than that. But hey, maybe he'll be UFA again before he gets any of that. Maybe the demonstrated chemistry will change Bergevin's mind.

For one year, who cares what we'd be paying him? Worst case scenario we could dump him at the deadline for a 2nd round pick.

Rosso Scuderia 11-10-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 55656409)
Where is Patof when you need him :shakehead

yourbuddy is just as good. ;)

Talks to Goalposts 11-10-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 55660111)
+1

But Gauthier didn't even want to talk to the guy :shakehead

Before we put everything on him, Bergevin didn't make a pitch for him either.

PATCHESx67 11-10-2012 01:56 AM

trade him for a lottery pick.....can you imagine habs drafting 1st + 2nd overall :naughty:

Gabe84 11-10-2012 05:34 AM

You know who has more points than Plekanec?

Radek Bonk.

PierreMcGuire* 11-10-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheed36 (Post 55646225)
Jagr will be 55 years old before we see NHL hockey again. :sarcasm:

Nice to see Pleky tearing it up.

55 years old is when he finally decides to take his talents to Montreal.

EmelinHipCheck 11-10-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 55660093)
The German league is really putrid. I mean, Claude Giroux is having a Lemieux-like season there. 19 points in EIGHT games?

Plekanec and Jagr play for Kladno, which is in the Czech League..

FlyingKostitsyn 11-10-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 (Post 55661345)
trade him for a lottery pick.....can you imagine habs drafting 1st + 2nd overall :naughty:

Yeah, sure. A lottery team is going to give up a top2 pick for a middle aged veteran like Plekanec.

PunkinDrublic* 11-10-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing (Post 55663311)
Plekanec and Jagr play for Kladno, which is in the Czech League..

Re-read.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.