HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lockout Thread: I told myself I wouldn't do this| Part IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281421)

Hurt 11-09-2012 07:42 PM

Lockout Thread: I told myself I wouldn't do this| Part IV

Looks like we're in for the long haul. Bad news all around.

“@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.”

“@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.”

“@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.”

thewave 11-09-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55654933)

Fehr is bad news personified

Hurt 11-09-2012 07:45 PM

Edited in the latest tweets from the last thread.

showtime8 11-09-2012 07:51 PM

I'm just wondering why there isn't a moderator for these talks?

Not to say that it would make a big deal, but with too many egos in one room, it would be easier to call BS on some stuff. It would also direct things to be on the same page/speak the same language and offer multiple options for a deal to be done.

Leaf Rocket 11-09-2012 07:53 PM

yea crap.

thewave 11-09-2012 07:54 PM

Time to fold the league break the union and form the NAHL, North America Hockey League!

Hurt 11-09-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theremedial (Post 55655279)
Time to fold the league break the union and form the NAHL, North America Hockey League!

There's already a league in the States named that, unfortunately. But I like where your head is. ;)

ULF_55 11-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.

@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.

@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.

Of course they'd want the union to be without a leader.

Remember when 43% was all that the players were going to get and that was 43% of a reduced HRR-AE.

Hurt 11-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55655385)
Of course they'd want the union to be without a leader.

Remember when 43% was all that the players were going to get and that was 43% of a reduced HRR-AE.

I don't think it's that they want the union without a leader more than it's that they want a leader who isn't ridiculous.

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

“@FriedgeHNIC: NHL is very frustrated by Fehr...they are going after him. The gloves are off now.”

“@bruce_arthur: The NHL has believed Fehr has been hijacking the process for some time. This could become nuclear.”

“@NYP_Brooksie: League's objective last time was to take down Goodenow. Now it appears as if objective is to take down Fehr.”

Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNIC: Again, crux of dispute is memo from last night that was leaked. NHL believes Fehr "hid" details of "make-whole." One player says it was...

Maybe should include that the information was not in the letter because they new it would be leaked.

We had already heard about the make whole offer. Not sure what the public has to do with negotiations.

Seriously, the "NHL" as in owners, as in their spin. Some people swallow everything someone tweets.

thewave 11-09-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55655461)
I don't think it's that they want the union without a leader more than it's that they want a leader who isn't ridiculous.

Reminds me of auto workers unions...

"We cant give you more money Chrysler is going broke"

"More more more"

---Chapter 11

"We will settle for a little less"

"Too late we arent solvent"

"Huh, what just happened"

MapleLeafsFan4Ever 11-09-2012 08:03 PM

I had this feeling the talks would take a wrong turn.

mikebel111 11-09-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER (Post 55655649)
I had this feeling the talks would take a wrong turn.

blame fehr

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 55655461)

And 43% of a reduced HRR-AE is genuine?

This is plain and simply about who gets to keep more of the fans money.

I think some people believe the fight is over the billionaires money when it is over the fans money. The billoinaires are not buying the tickets, they are selling them.

Why do fans care how the money is split?

charliolemieux 11-09-2012 08:11 PM

Idiots.

Put me in the room with Fehr and BEttman with a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue (gonna get my 1st bottle tomorrow) and a case of JR and some nice stoggies.

I'll have this thing wrapped up in no time.

Gatorade* 11-09-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55655761)

I think some people believe the fight is over the billionaires money when it is over the fans money. The billoinaires are not buying the tickets, they are selling them.

Because the revenues and percentages are directly tied to the salary cap.

thewave 11-09-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55655761)

I care because I cant get to play a game I love at pro level and for my dedication to personal health and wellness, be given a gift of enough money that I could afford to get an ivy league education, my first home, new cars maybe a cottage and toys paid for in full...

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 55655913)
Because the revenues and percentages are directly tied to the salary cap.

So?

How does that impact your life?

I work for my money and when I spend it I get something I want in return. I don't really care if the owner or his workers get that money as it's gone from my pocket.

As a matter of fact I hope the workers get the majority of it. Owner is likely a shareholder who is doing nothing to make my relationship with his company any better.

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theremedial (Post 55655965)
I care because I cant get to play a game I love at pro level and for my dedication to personal health and wellness, be given a gift of enough money that I could afford to get an ivy league education, my first home, new cars maybe a cottage and toys paid for in full...

So you're jealous of the players? At least you are being honest about it. I'm too old to worry about how much someone else is making.

Gatorade* 11-09-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55656261)
So?

I work for my money and when I spend it I get something I want in return. I don't really care if the owner or his workers get that money as it's gone from my pocket.

As a matter of fact I hope the workers get the majority of it. Owner is likely a shareholder who is doing nothing to make my relationship with his company any better.

It doesn't affect my life. It affects my team and their ability to garner assets.

I suppose you don't pay attention to the cap. Yeah right!

thewave 11-09-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55656261)
So?

It impacts my life because millionaires and billionaires bickering about 5 percent of 3 billion dollars and growing is cutting into my fav pass time come winter. After the MLB lockout I never watched again. After the last NHL lockout I caught games here and there up until 09...I have plenty of friends who were the same.

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 55656321)
It doesn't affect my life. It affects my team and their ability to garner assets.

I suppose you don't pay attention to the cap. Yeah right!

The cap?

What does that have to do with anything.

All teams have the same cap. If the cap goes up it goes up for all teams. If the cap goes down it goes down for all teams.

The cap does not affect your team's ability to garner assets any more or any less than every other team.

If you want more cap for your team then you want the players to get a higher percentage of HRR-AE, but all teams would get that increase.

ULF_55 11-09-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theremedial (Post 55656405)
It impacts my life because millionaires and billionaires bickering about 5 percent of 3 billion dollars and growing is cutting into my fav pass time come winter. After the MLB lockout I never watched again. After the last NHL lockout I caught games here and there up until 09...I have plenty of friends who were the same.

You must be peeved at the owners for locking out the game then.

Gatorade* 11-09-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55656703)
The cap?

What does that have to do with anything.

All teams have the same cap. If the cap goes up it goes up for all teams. If the cap goes down it goes down for all teams.

The cap does not affect your team's ability to garner assets any more or any less than every other team.

If you want more cap for your team then you want the players to get a higher percentage of HRR-AE, but all teams would get that increase.

As if every team can spend to the upper limit and all teams have the same cap situation.

You seem to think I give a crap about who's pockets are getting lined. All I care about is the hockey angle and the cap is a part of hockey and the strategy of building a team.

thewave 11-09-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 55656745)
You must be peeved at the owners for locking out the game then.

I am peeved at both, at this point more so the players. When I quit watching it was also in part to not being happy with the product the leafs were putting out there. As a consumer I was offended that they were trying to pass the leafs on me as a pro franchise. Burke messed up with Wilson, his other moves mostly have been good. Wish we still had Giguere under a system like Carlyles from the get go, a lot of our problems would already be solved.