HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: What moves gives Vancouver the best chance to win the cup??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281721)

echlfreak 11-10-2012 02:19 PM

What moves gives Vancouver the best chance to win the cup???
 
Van gets:

Umberger
Nikitin

Clb gets:

Luongo
Alberts


Sign Arnott


FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Jason Arnott ($1.750m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,645,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,555,000

CoachBadkitten 11-10-2012 02:21 PM

I'm not sure Luongo would waive his NTC to go to Columbus.

Vankiller Whale 11-10-2012 02:24 PM

What? Why would Columbus trade Nikitin? Why do we need Nikitin? Why is Edler on the third pairing? Why is Keith Ballard playing with Hamhuis? Why Does Columbus need Alberts?

Moore Money 11-10-2012 02:24 PM

pretty sure Kesler and Umberger are sworn enemies.

MBauer 11-10-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten (Post 55669165)
I'm not sure Luongo would waive his NTC to go to Columbus.

yep, that's all folks.

Leafs For Life* 11-10-2012 02:25 PM

The thing that makes me laugh the most is Edler on 3rd pair.

BigBenSF* 11-10-2012 02:29 PM

He probably just put Edler on the 3rd line because he has the 5th highest cap hit

echlfreak 11-10-2012 02:32 PM

The lines I posted are off capgeek under depth chart...I only moved Arnott and Umberger up and slotted Nikitin in the sixth spot.

Umberger plays the Vancouver style...he is big gritty and will play hard low and infront of the net. Umberger played college hockey at OSU with Kesler and they were great together.

Nikitin provides an upgrade over Alberts and adds more youth

as for Luongo not accepting a trade to Clb...he would have no choice as Clb is first on the waiver list...either he accepts the trade straight up or they put him on waivers and Clb claims him. Either way he is a Blue Jacket.

KeslerKrony 11-10-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55669353)
The lines I posted are off capgeek under depth chart...I only moved Arnott and Umberger up and slotted Nikitin in the sixth spot.

Umberger plays the Vancouver style...he is big gritty and will play hard low and infront of the net. Umberger played college hockey at OSU with Kesler and they were great together.

Nikitin provides an upgrade over Alberts and adds more youth

as for Luongo not accepting a trade to Clb...he would have no choice as Clb is first on the waiver list...either he accepts the trade straight up or they put him on waivers and Clb claims him. Either way he is a Blue Jacket.

Canucks (and Kesler) are also not very big fans of Umberger after he had a contract holdout after being drafted by Vancouver.

http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id...b-a673122bb6b8

blankall 11-10-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55669353)
The lines I posted are off capgeek under depth chart...I only moved Arnott and Umberger up and slotted Nikitin in the sixth spot.

Umberger plays the Vancouver style...he is big gritty and will play hard low and infront of the net. Umberger played college hockey at OSU with Kesler and they were great together.

Nikitin provides an upgrade over Alberts and adds more youth

as for Luongo not accepting a trade to Clb...he would have no choice as Clb is first on the waiver list...either he accepts the trade straight up or they put him on waivers and Clb claims him. Either way he is a Blue Jacket.

Actually he does have a choice. Vancouver won't put Luongo on waivers and lose him for nothing. There are teams that would take him for a discount before Vancouver loses him for nothing.

echlfreak 11-10-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeslerKrony (Post 55669455)
Canucks (and Kesler) are also not very big fans of Umberger after he had a contract holdout after being drafted by Vancouver.

http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id...b-a673122bb6b8



Well thats about the best argument as there could be...plan B???

Vancouver has options is terms of working around Luongo's NTC via the waiver wire. They could work out a trade easily with Columbus who need a goalie!

What other options does Columbus present that can help Vancouver???

Dubinsky? Brassard? Murray?

candyman82 11-10-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55669633)
Well thats about the best argument as there could be...plan B???

Vancouver has options is terms of working around Luongo's NTC via the waiver wire. They could work out a trade easily with Columbus who need a goalie!

What other options does Columbus present that can help Vancouver???

Dubinsky? Brassard? Murray?

We just acquired Bobrovsky, why do we need another goalie right now?

echlfreak 11-10-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 55669523)
Actually he does have a choice. Vancouver won't put Luongo on waivers and lose him for nothing. There are teams that would take him for a discount before Vancouver loses him for nothing.

ACTUALLY he does not have a choice. If Van were to work out a deal for "argument sake" that was:

Van trades Higgins

to

Clb for Brassard and Dubinsky

they could then place Luongo on waivers for Clb to pick up. Luongo has no choice as to whether Van places him on waivers or buys him out. His only leverage is if Van tries to TRADE him hence the NTC. Any player can be placed on waivers without any say!!!

Therefore when all is said and done the deal once the waiver claim goes through could be:

Van:Brassard/Dubinsky
Clb: Luongo/Higgins


Yet again before people go blasting the trade. Is is merely for argument sake not what I would propose. But it is a way that Vancouver could work around the Luongo NTC is pressure him into accepting a deal to another team. Nobody wants to go to Clb right now, but Vancouver holds all the cards if they want to leverage this option!!!

ottawa* 11-10-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55669787)
ACTUALLY he does not have a choice. If Van were to work out a deal for "argument sake" that was:

Van trades Higgins

to

Clb for Brassard and Dubinsky

they could then place Luongo on waivers for Clb to pick up. Luongo has no choice as to whether Van places him on waivers or buys him out. His only leverage is if Van tries to TRADE him hence the NTC. Any player can be placed on waivers without any say!!!

Therefore when all is said and done the deal once the waiver claim goes through could be:

Van:Brassard/Dubinsky
Clb: Luongo/Higgins


Yet again before people go blasting the trade. Is is merely for argument sake not what I would propose. But it is a way that Vancouver could work around the Luongo NTC is pressure him into accepting a deal to another team. Nobody wants to go to Clb right now, but Vancouver holds all the cards if they want to leverage this option!!!

Lol that would be a low blow and pretty disrespectful of Vancouver management to do a hidden trade in order to go around the NTC. It could certainly be done but I think it would just create another Nabokov/Islanders-Detroit fiasco

candyman82 11-10-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55669787)
ACTUALLY he does not have a choice. If Van were to work out a deal for "argument sake" that was:

Van trades Higgins

to

Clb for Brassard and Dubinsky

they could then place Luongo on waivers for Clb to pick up. Luongo has no choice as to whether Van places him on waivers or buys him out. His only leverage is if Van tries to TRADE him hence the NTC. Any player can be placed on waivers without any say!!!

Therefore when all is said and done the deal once the waiver claim goes through could be:

Van:Brassard/Dubinsky
Clb: Luongo/Higgins


Yet again before people go blasting the trade. Is is merely for argument sake not what I would propose. But it is a way that Vancouver could work around the Luongo NTC is pressure him into accepting a deal to another team. Nobody wants to go to Clb right now, but Vancouver holds all the cards if they want to leverage this option!!!

1. Columbus doesn't need Luongo.
2. We just aquired Dubinsky, he isn't being traded before playing a game.
3. Why get rid of Brassard when his value is at its lowest?
4. What would a rebuilding team like Columbus be interested in acquiring a mediocre 29 year old winger with only one year on his contract?

echlfreak 11-10-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 55669753)
We just acquired Bobrovsky, why do we need another goalie right now?

You have Mason and Bobrovsky...you really think you don't need a goalie??? Is your name Scott Howson???

ps. you need a new GM too!!!! And a new scouting staff!!! Any team with that many high 1st rd picks that still can't put together a winning team while spending to the cap needs a change!!!!!

echlfreak 11-10-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 55669983)
Lol that would be a low blow and pretty disrespectful of Vancouver management to do a hidden trade in order to go around the NTC. It could certainly be done but I think it would just create another Nabokov/Islanders-Detroit fiasco



It is just as big of a low blow for Luongo to go public about wanting to be traded only to FLA which hurts his trade value or for Lu to limit his NTC list to 1-3 teams. Luongo has earned his NTC yes...but if he is gonna handicap Van in making a deal then why should Van not exhaust all options???

Vankiller Whale 11-10-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55670099)
It is just as big of a low blow for Luongo to go public about wanting to be traded only to FLA which hurts his trade value or for Lu to limit his NTC list to 1-3 teams. Luongo has earned his NTC yes...but if he is gonna handicap Van in making a deal then why should Van not exhaust all options???

Luongo never did that though. Gillis isn't going to ask him to waive until someone makes an offer worth moving him for.

echlfreak 11-10-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 55670003)
1. Columbus doesn't need Luongo.
2. We just aquired Dubinsky, he isn't being traded before playing a game.
3. Why get rid of Brassard when his value is at its lowest?
4. What would a rebuilding team like Columbus be interested in acquiring a mediocre 29 year old winger with only one year on his contract?



1. Yes you do need Luongo...you have two completely unproven goalies...actually they are proven, just not proven very good!
2. Dubinsky played well with a great supporting cast...who is the supporting cast in Clb?
3. Clb was doing everything possible to get rid of Brassard last yr...if you can move him why wouldn't you now?
4. If you read the entire post where I repeated the trade was for argument sake not that Higgins is a player of interest for CLb then you wouldn't need to post #4

candyman82 11-10-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55670023)
You have Mason and Bobrovsky...you really think you don't need a goalie??? Is your name Scott Howson???

ps. you need a new GM too!!!! And a new scouting staff!!! Any team with that many high 1st rd picks that still can't put together a winning team while spending to the cap needs a change!!!!!

We haven't seen how Bobrovsky has done in this environment. It would be stupid to go out and give up assets for Luongo when Bob hasn't had a chance to prove himself. This team is rebuilding. There is no rush to acquire Luongo and that contract right now, especially since he will be in his late 30s by the time the team is ready to compete.

As for your second bit, their is a new president of hockey ops in charge. All decisions have to go through him. As for the draft, Howson has had ONE first round bust in Nikita Filatov. Klesla, LeClaire, Zherdev, Picard, and Brule were all picks of Doug McLean. Scouting has improved since Howson has been in charge with late round selections like Cam Atkinson, Matt Calvert, and David Savard.

candyman82 11-10-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echlfreak (Post 55670195)
1. Yes you do need Luongo...you have two completely unproven goalies...actually they are proven, just not proven very good!
2. Dubinsky played well with a great supporting cast...who is the supporting cast in Clb?
3. Clb was doing everything possible to get rid of Brassard last yr...if you can move him why wouldn't you now?
4. If you read the entire post where I repeated the trade was for argument sake not that Higgins is a player of interest for CLb then you wouldn't need to post #4

1. How can you say that Bobrovsky is a proven bad goalie? He has had one good year and one bad year in the NHL.
2. Dubinsky played better before he had that supporting cast.
3. That was while Scott Arniel was the coach, after Todd Richards came in Brassard's play improved significantly.
4. I didn't catch that the first time I read through it. But your first deal is even worse. Andrew Alberts doesn't even crack the top six on Columbus.

echlfreak 11-10-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 55670219)
We haven't seen how Bobrovsky has done in this environment. It would be stupid to go out and give up assets for Luongo when Bob hasn't had a chance to prove himself. This team is rebuilding. There is no rush to acquire Luongo and that contract right now, especially since he will be in his late 30s by the time the team is ready to compete.

As for your second bit, their is a new president of hockey ops in charge. All decisions have to go through him. As for the draft, Howson has had ONE first round bust in Nikita Filatov. Klesla, LeClaire, Zherdev, Picard, and Brule were all picks of Doug McLean. Scouting has improved since Howson has been in charge with late round selections like Cam Atkinson, Matt Calvert, and David Savard.




spoken like a true BJ fan...enjoy the endless rebuild!!! Last year CLB paid $3M from the cap and finished dead last...nash was traded for next to nothing and Mason was re-signed to a $3M contract after back to back 3GAA 90% seasons...the only thing the team has done right in the last 10 years is hire JD

Vankiller Whale 11-10-2012 03:28 PM

I don't think this will be a productive conversation.

Realistically if Luongo went to Columbus I'd ask for Brassard + LA 1st/Savard or something like that.

P U L L H A R D 11-10-2012 03:32 PM

extremely thinly veiled bashing of CBJ thread.

WarriorOfGandhi 11-10-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55669211)
What? Why would Columbus trade Nikitin? Why do we need Nikitin? Why is Edler on the third pairing? Why is Keith Ballard playing with Hamhuis? Why Does Columbus need Alberts?

are there any horse socks? Is anyone listening to me?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.