HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buf-Chi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1281907)

is the answer jesus 11-11-2012 12:22 AM

Buf-Chi

Luke Adam for Kyle Beach. Sabres are looking to get tougher to play against and a guy like Beach certainly does that. If we have hockey this year we could use a potential replacement for Tropp who is out for the year. Adam had a pretty promising start to his pro career winning AHL rookie of the year and was having a nice start of the season with the sabres, but his game really fell apart as the year progressed and when he was sent down his game really seemed to come apart. So it seems as though Luke could use a change in scenery. I've heard as most have of Beach's transgressions on the ice and it seems as though many blackhawk fans have either soured on him as a prospect or have at the very least scaled back their expectations of him. So with that said what do fans of both teams think?

FoppaForsberg* 11-11-2012 12:23 AM

Don't really know Beach, but it seems like close value.

Phion Keneuf 11-11-2012 12:42 AM

Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Taelin 11-11-2012 12:48 AM

Seems good. Deal is better for Buffalo (good for me) than Chicago (even better!).

lifeisruff 11-11-2012 12:57 AM

I'm intrigued, especially with our lack of depth at LW, only one question. Hockey's Future has him at 6'3 182 pounds. Are those numbers correct, because that is twig like.

PierreMcGuire* 11-11-2012 01:04 AM

Change of scenery could probably do them both good.

Sevanston 11-11-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 55682193)
I'm intrigued, especially with our lack of depth at LW, only one question. Hockey's Future has him at 6'3 182 pounds. Are those numbers correct, because that is twig like.

Those are probably from his draft year. The AHL has him at 6'3", 210 lbs.

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?lang_code=en&id=3166

I don't know a lot about Luke Adam, but Beach has been trending upwards lately. His last season was derailed by injury, and he did a lot of maturing in the off-time. He also made AHL Player of the Week last week despite playing mostly on the 4th line. I know that's not a huge accomplishment, but he's been such a hotly-debated prospect among Hawks fans that it stirred up a number of people.

I think the Hawks are still busy trying to measure what they have in Beach before they trade him. That said, I don't think they want to measure much longer, so by February or June, this deal might be more feasible.

pvr 11-11-2012 06:06 AM

A well-reasoned response from Sevanston. From what I've seen at two games watching Beach, I'd like to keep him for now. He's also what the Hawks need...a big, skilled, nasty winger.

xX Hot Fuss 11-11-2012 08:26 AM

Hawks need a skilled guy with size just as much as Buffalo. But the trade is fair value wise I think.

Good job OP!

tsujimoto74 11-11-2012 09:03 AM

I'd do that trade. Both players might benefit from a change of scenery. If Adam got back on track, Chicago could end up with the 2C they need.

Hawkaholic 11-11-2012 09:22 AM

I think Adam is a bit redundant in Chicago. We already have Pirri and Kruger as C prospects who are NHL ready. But Beach is something we don't have on the main team.

I'll pass, but good offer.

Blackhawkswincup 11-11-2012 09:36 AM

No thanks

Adam is really no different then Marcus Kruger at this point

is the answer jesus 11-11-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I can see why Chicago wouldn't want to lose a big physical winger prospect like Beach. My only question would be to those who say Luke Adam would be redundant is don't you have a slew of big physical forward prospects? I see Hayes, Saad, Morin and McNeill all as big physical forwards in your system. Seems to me if any team could afford to lose a physical forward prospect it would be Chicago.

stokes84 11-11-2012 01:08 PM

Beach is a nut job. Not interested in a headache like that.

DisgruntledHawkFan 11-11-2012 03:47 PM

No thanks.

crazyhawk 11-11-2012 04:14 PM

Interestingly enough Beach was drafted right behind .. Hodgson at #11.
Us Hawk fans have been waiting a long time for him to get NHL ready and I for one would not be willing to let him go when he's so close to making it.
This is the tell all year for Beach, so unless he comes unglued I say we keep him in the Indian Head.
He'll look good along side Kane on a line too!

Blackhawkswincup 11-11-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhawk (Post 55695063)
Interestingly enough Beach was drafted right behind .. Hodgson at #11.
Us Hawk fans have been waiting a long time for him to get NHL ready and I for one would not be willing to let him go when he's so close to making it.
This is the tell all year for Beach, so unless he comes unglued I say we keep him in the Indian Head.
He'll look good along side Kane on a line too!

^
Unless Kane is on our 4th line I dont believe we will see Beach playing alongside him at this point

DJN21 11-12-2012 02:40 PM

as a buffalo fan id gladly make this deal

coldsteelonice84 11-12-2012 02:43 PM

Nope. We're holding onto Beach until the end, whatever that is.

sparxx87 11-12-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 55685497)
No thanks

Adam is really no different then Marcus Kruger at this point

How do you figure?

Luke Adam is a powerforward with grit and a nose for the net... Kruger more of a playmaker and 2 way centreman.

Luke Adam projects as a Ryane Clowe type player.. I really think you need to watch Adam play a little more before making comparisons.

Hawkaholic 11-12-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 55716381)
How do you figure?

Luke Adam is a powerforward with grit and a nose for the net... Kruger more of a playmaker and 2 way centreman.

Luke Adam projects as a Ryane Clowe type player.. I really think you need to watch Adam play a little more before making comparisons.

I don't see Adam play much, and when I have, he hasn't looked like much of a PF.

..comparing him to Clowe is a bit of a long shot, no?

Clowe averaged 1.25+ hits per game.
Adam averaged 0.50 hits per game. (slightly more than Kruger)

tsujimoto74 11-12-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 55720275)
I don't see Adam play much, and when I have, he hasn't looked like much of a PF.

..comparing him to Clowe is a bit of a long shot, no?

Clowe averaged 1.25+ hits per game.
Adam averaged 0.50 hits per game. (slightly more than Kruger)

Yeah..Adam is definitely not a power forward.

DJN21 11-13-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

How do you figure?

this assessment couldnt be further from the truth...Adam plays like he's scared of his own shadow. He has size and may eventually learn to use it to protect the puck or for other offensive advantages but he never uses his size in any kind of "imposing" way if you will. Luke Adam also doesnt have a nose for the net and is exactly the "playmaking type". He'd rather go end to end dipsy doozling and loose the puck on the last defender than park in front of the net and work for a goal. Its a shame because he has an amazing shot but just about everything else needs adjustment and fine tuning.

Moskau 11-13-2012 02:33 PM

Buffalo is trying to build a pipeline of young players with good character (Pysyk, Foligno, Girgensons), I don't think they have any interest in someone like Beach.

1972 11-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

How do you figure?

He plays like he is 5' 9". Most definetly not physical... at all.

Actually most 5'9" guys are more physical, he is strictly a skilled player who is struggling.