HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   GDT: Lockout Thread II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282027)

Live in the Now 11-11-2012 02:36 PM

Lockout Thread II
 
Ready, set, go.

damacles1156 11-11-2012 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=I don't think what is going on in the NHL at this moment has anything to do with the current lockout, but I think AEG executives can recognize a bubble when they see one. The value of NHL franchises may be a good example. I think it would be foolish for someone to buy one at today's prices with a better than 50/50 chance that your franchise will not generate an operating profit.[/QUOTE]


All anyone needs to know about Franchise value is in the NHL.

The freakin Loser Browns sold for what ? 1.2 Billion....THE BROWNS..

The Jags ? 750Million.....

The NHL is asking 250million for PHX. Also the NHL had to cover some losses on that deal, so the team would even sell.

Thrashers 170 Million plus a relocate Fee...

Pathetic.

Flour Child 11-11-2012 04:37 PM

This sucks that we needed a second thread.

Can we name it "Lockout with your **** out!"?

no name 11-11-2012 11:18 PM

Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

Chazz Reinhold 11-12-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 55705559)
Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

Daly has blatantly mentioned numerous times that Fehr's claims about the NHL not negotiating off their last offer are 100% false. Hell, the NHL has already budged multiple times while the NHLPA continues to come back with revenue splits that are actually de-linked. It's a joke at this point.

Fehr is a shill.

EDIT: Daly quote:

"They are not issues that can be traded off. They are all important issues to us. That doesn't mean you can't talk about them and shake them. There is flexibility around the issues we need to achieve but they are not issues that we can walk away from."

KingLB 11-12-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 55705559)
Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

I understand you have your bias' because of your history. But you need to step back if you want to honestly evaluate this situation. The PA has tabled more or less the same offer everytime they have gone to the table. And rumors of Fehr wanted the players to get full salaries this season + the 5% bump regardless of there obviously being a large drop in revenues this season due to the dropped games is beyond laughable.

The fact that you think that showing up late is to "establish power".....and not completely unprofessional should be evidence enough. I mean why even show up at all...That will show them!!

KingKopitar11* 11-12-2012 03:53 AM

I had a dream the lockout was over and the first game was against the flames and Carter scored in a blow out lol typical

Minor Boarding 11-12-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLB (Post 55707707)
I understand you have your bias' because of your history. But you need to step back if you want to honestly evaluate this situation. The PA has tabled more or less the same offer everytime they have gone to the table. And rumors of Fehr wanted the players to get full salaries this season + the 5% bump regardless of there obviously being a large drop in revenues this season due to the dropped games is beyond laughable.

The fact that you think that showing up late is to "establish power".....and not completely unprofessional should be evidence enough. I mean why even show up at all...That will show them!!

well said.

KingsFan7824 11-12-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 55705559)
Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

You use some strange words when it comes to the PA. Murdered, forced, ransom. Those are words you use to describe the situation people who willingly play hockey for a lot of money find themselves in, no matter what deal they come up with.

The only people that are forced to do anything are the owners in terms of having to pay a certain amount to players, and nobody should cry for the owners either.

Vamos Rafa 11-12-2012 11:00 AM

Hopefully there's no Lockout Thread III.

Buddy The Elf 11-12-2012 11:41 AM

What stage of grief are you in? I'm entering acceptance and it is a great place to be!


Thanks NHL and NHLPA, a-holes! C-suckers! Penis heads! Rat's cornholes! Droopy boobies! wrinkled taint!

dang.. I guess I still have a little anger to get out.

The Tikkanen 11-12-2012 01:37 PM

I've been playing a lot of Xbox due to the lockout. The good news is my hand eye coordination is off the charts. The bad news is that is only useful when playing Xbox.

SLang 11-12-2012 01:40 PM

Surprised there's not a thread on this!!!
 
Wow, so the Kings won their first round playoff series in a hard-fought game 5 last night at Vancouver. Awesome play by Trevor Lewis to strip the puck from Hamhuis in OT with a great top-shelf goal for Stoll.

I'm guessing it's not being discussed because I watched it on my DVR because there's NO ******* HOCKEY ON RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, though, the fact that we won the Stanley Cup last season has until this point carried me through this lockout. Unfortunately that's wearing off now due to the increasing likelihood that there will be no season, thus robbing us all of the very unusual opportunity to see our SC-winning team defend their title virtually intact, personnel-wise.

And that SUCKS.

SLang 11-12-2012 01:45 PM

Sorry mods, probably should have put this in the lockout thread....

Vamos Rafa 11-12-2012 02:06 PM

Damn, I thought the lockout was over when I read the thread title.

Butch 19 11-12-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 55713093)
I've been playing a lot of Xbox due to the lockout. The good news is my hand eye coordination is off the charts. The bad news is that is only useful when playing Xbox.

Quick! join the air force or navy! Show them your talent. :)

Muzzinga 11-12-2012 03:07 PM

So if the lockout ends when the player cave, which im assuming is the likely scenario (i havn't followed at all, but i'm assuming the players are more desperate for the money), they will bend to the owners demands, then will have lost a year of play time and money to achieve nothing right?

That was poorly worded, but when the lockout ends, im guessing the amount of the players make over the next cba will be less than if they had taken the owners best offer before the start of the lockout

KINGS17 11-12-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 55705559)
Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

Ever wonder why the owners' initial offer was a 57/43 split in their favor?

I know it's a ludicrous proposal, right?

Buddy The Elf 11-12-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 55715189)
So if the lockout ends when the player cave, which im assuming is the likely scenario (i havn't followed at all, but i'm assuming the players are more desperate for the money), they will bend to the owners demands, then will have lost a year of play time and money to achieve nothing right?

That was poorly worded, but when the lockout ends, im guessing the amount of the players make over the next cba will be less than if they had taken the owners best offer before the start of the lockout

This has pretty much been my position all along. The players' position makes little to no sense to me. Are they trying to be martyrs for future professional hockey players? they are playing hardball with themselves (that's what she said).

johnjm22 11-12-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 55689987)
All anyone needs to know about Franchise value is in the NHL.

The freakin Loser Browns sold for what ? 1.2 Billion....THE BROWNS..

The Jags ? 750Million.....

The NHL is asking 250million for PHX. Also the NHL had to cover some losses on that deal, so the team would even sell.

Thrashers 170 Million plus a relocate Fee...

Pathetic.

How is that "pathetic?"

The NHL isn't as big as the NFL. Big deal.

Ron 11-12-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 55710433)
Hopefully there's no Lockout Thread III.

The season will have already been cancelled before we can get to that event.

I want my hockey. :(

Ron 11-12-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 55710961)
What stage of grief are you in? I'm entering acceptance and it is a great place to be!


Thanks NHL and NHLPA, a-holes! C-suckers! Penis heads! Rat's cornholes! Droopy boobies! wrinkled taint!

dang.. I guess I still have a little anger to get out.

Kings are in a good position. When (if?) the lockout ends, they may be the one team that won't be booed off the ice when the season starts (one of the benefits of being the defending Stanley Cup champions).

Now, if they start on the road, that's a different story altogether.

damacles1156 11-12-2012 11:08 PM

One Good thing about this lockout is; the Kings are getting good rest.

Pretty good bet the Kings avoid the Stanley Cup Hangover. Although everyone is probably going to be pretty rusty (Quick especially).

Ollie Weeks 11-12-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 55718263)
This has pretty much been my position all along. The players' position makes little to no sense to me. Are they trying to be martyrs for future professional hockey players? they are playing hardball with themselves (that's what she said).

I refuse to believe everyone in the world but the players noticed this back in August, there's just no way they're that dense.

Master Yoda 11-13-2012 03:27 AM

Quite frankly at this point, I think the pure hatred towards Bettman is seriously clouding their judgement, and the players can't seem to think rationally (or mathematically) because of it.

I really hope, for the average to marginal players' sake, they get this done sooner rather than later. Guys who are fringe NHLers, who hasn't quite cashed in yet, they're the real losers in all this, perhaps even more so than the fans. Financially, they may never get a chance to make NHL salary, which they could or would have got this year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.