HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Joey Canuck's top 5 OHL Players (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282171)

Ian Esplen 11-11-2012 09:55 PM

Joey Canuck's top 5 OHL Players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTln1...ature=youtu.be

Gustav Nyquist 11-11-2012 09:57 PM

What the **** am I watching?

maplehawk 11-11-2012 10:35 PM

Well that was, uh...interesting.

Ian Esplen 11-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenman92 (Post 55705111)

What did everyone think of the rankings?

Circulartheory 11-12-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenman92 (Post 55713601)

Honestly? I didnt even make it through the video...

Ill rewatch it but i have a good feeling many did what I did and just swtiched back to their tv shows.

Money Baer 11-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickenman92 (Post 55713601)

Your rankings were decent imo. I actually liked your comparisons (besides the monahan/getzlaf).

I think what turns people off is the opening of your video... If your going to do a prospects video, take out the canuck highlights.. It just starts off with a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Circulartheory 11-12-2012 02:28 PM

My suggestion is that perhaps you would better served writing articles rahter than producing these videos. The low production value is very notceable and effects of that is that your audience takes you less seriously. In addition, the attention span of video watchers are much shorter than readers, because readers can notice certain words that interest them while video watchers have to wait for you to say something.

Its much harder to please video watchers and flaws are much more noticeable unless you learn of different ways of masking your limitations. There us a reason shows like TSN spend so much money on their studio and graphics. Their production value equals the legitimacy of the show and their opinions.

sabresfan129103 11-12-2012 02:40 PM

After watching the clips you showed of Nurse I'm not sure how accurate a comparison is to Myers other then they are both big. I wish Myers plays how Nurse did in those clips.

Rey 11-12-2012 04:24 PM

I think i watched an earlier video you posted on CDC and this a big improvement. Take out the animation and make it into a slide show with player highlights, and i suggest you provide a written page dedicated to what you are saying and link it to your videos.

Personally, I'd stay away with player comparisons. They never work well, perhaps you can say "This player plays like XXX or his style is like XXX" Comparing players never work because people will always find a way to fault it because players tend to get overlooked because of the comparison. Ex. When people thought Dregor compared Brunstrom to Alfredsson and we all know what that turned out. People always take the comparisons the wrong way, and if the player doesn't turn out to be the compared player, there goes your credibility.

Make Categories like Pro, Cons, Things to improve on, what the player needs to do make the next step, development process. I know a lot of sites that compliment the player but never say anything bad, and that's usually how a lot of prospects get over hyped. I've seen you post for years now, so I assume you probably know your thing but it'll be nice to get some information that is outside the box. Don't include everything, mix it up with every player so if people want more information, you can get them to click your written page that you linked.

Adding some background music(nothing with vocals) should be considered as well unless you wanna change the way you talk. Seems really scripted and dull. Sound more passionate. Imagine Torts voice.

And yeah, try to stay away from bias. You want the general hockey fans to watch it, not the canucks fan base. I'd stay away from personal team interest unless you can somehow include all 30 teams. Difference between you and TSN can be that TSN is very brief. You can, i hope?, can get more depth information for hockey fans that are more than "casual" about hockey