HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I want My Refund!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282213)

jjricco8 11-12-2012 08:09 AM

I want My Refund!!
 
I bought a 15 game partial plan and requested a refund and the Islanders are not giving me my money back. Has anyone else reqested/received a refund?

A Rangers season ticket holder I know was issued a full refund without even asking for it. He got a check in the mail with a letter.

I hate that my money is in Wangs bank collecting interest and I am not getting a product that I paid for.

What are my rights here?

Fantom 11-12-2012 09:42 AM

I am not sure what your rights are for refunds currently. I think they do not have to offer a refund until the season is Canceled i would think.
The right thing to do would be allow everyone and anyone who wants a refund to get it. Just let them know that the seats they are holding for them might not be the same seats if they get there refund. From a PR prospective you give fans refunds if they want it.

IceAce 11-12-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55709199)
I bought a 15 game partial plan and requested a refund and the Islanders are not giving me my money back. Has anyone else reqested/received a refund?

A Rangers season ticket holder I know was issued a full refund without even asking for it. He got a check in the mail with a letter.

I hate that my money is in Wangs bank collecting interest and I am not getting a product that I paid for.

What are my rights here?

probably should've read the terms and conditions of buying them. I mean it's not like the lock-out exactly snuck up anyone.

Fantom 11-12-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceAce (Post 55710601)
probably should've read the terms and conditions of buying them. I mean it's not like the lock-out exactly snuck up anyone.

See thats were they would have the right to not offer any refund.
However they should offer one IMO

IslesRock4 11-12-2012 11:39 AM

Probably because not all 15 of those games have been cancelled yet. Once they change the schedule I figure you'll get a refund.

jjricco8 11-12-2012 12:51 PM

I renewed my package in March for upgraded seats for same price. The lockout was not even on the radar. When I initally started geting the partial game plan, I signed a official form/contract. Each year the renwal was automatic with the same credit card. Nothing was signed for so there was not really a contract signed for this year.

Islanderfan17 11-12-2012 01:24 PM

Probably have to wait til' the full season is cancelled.

JeffNYI 11-13-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55713371)
I renewed my package in March for upgraded seats for same price. The lockout was not even on the radar.

The lockout has been a foregone conclusion for at least 2 years..

That said, the Islanders and all NHL teams should offer immediate refunds upon request.

camaro27 11-14-2012 02:45 PM

Why would you buy tixxs When you know there could be a lockout. Sorry man but I don't feel for you on this one. there is know way you are getting your money back unless they nix the season.

ichabod13 11-14-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55713371)
I renewed my package in March for upgraded seats for same price. The lockout was not even on the radar.

you have to be the only hockey fan on the planet that didnt see this lockout coming buddy boy.....

ichabod13 11-14-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55713371)
Each year the renwal was automatic with the same credit card. Nothing was signed for so there was not really a contract signed for this year.

credit card companies use whats called an "E" SIGNATURE. its called an "electronic signiture". you gave them that ( otherwise they couldnt use it ) there is also a 3 digit code on the back of your credit card, that you have to give them. you gave it to them one time, and they keep using it....so dont get mad at them.....theyre just doing what they do best.........
give me that information, and see what i do too your credit cards..........( but youre a fellow islaners fan, so i wouldnt do anything like that to you.....)

jjricco8 11-15-2012 07:34 AM

When I renewed the ticket, IN MARCH, there was no guarantee that the season would be delayed, or possibly lost. I knew there was a possibility but to keep the same price for the seats, I chose to renew. Yes the season is not cancelled, but there are no games scheduled and no hockey is on the horizon. I am lucky it is only a partial plan so we are only talking $1550. Regardless of the amount, there is no product and I should receive a refund. 4 games on my plan already passed yet no partial refund.

For all you Monday morning QB's who knew 100% that there was going to be a lockout, what is exact date that the two side will come to an agreement which will end the lockout?

camaro27 11-15-2012 08:00 AM

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichabod13 (Post 55774207)
you have to be the only hockey fan on the planet that didnt see this lockout coming buddy boy.....


camaro27 11-15-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55781835)
When I renewed the ticket, IN MARCH, there was no guarantee that the season would be delayed, or possibly lost. I knew there was a possibility but to keep the same price for the seats, I chose to renew. Yes the season is not cancelled, but there are no games scheduled and no hockey is on the horizon. I am lucky it is only a partial plan so we are only talking $1550. Regardless of the amount, there is no product and I should receive a refund. 4 games on my plan already passed yet no partial refund.

For all you Monday morning QB's who knew 100% that there was going to be a lockout, what is exact date that the two side will come to an agreement which will end the lockout?

You are missing the whole point here. You should not have bought anything untill you new there was going to be hockey 100 percent. I am sure the reps were telling you everything under the sun that there was going to be hockey. And by the way 1550 for a partial plan is way over priced. Ware are your seats I hope someware on the bench of that price. You could get season tixxs for the price. And yes I am talking about 2 seats for that price. You also must have money to burn to spend a dime on this crap that we call a team.

jjricco8 11-15-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro27 (Post 55782213)
And by the way 1550 for a partial plan is way over priced. Ware are your seats I hope someware on the bench of that price. You could get season tixxs for the price. And yes I am talking about 2 seats for that price. You also must have money to burn to spend a dime on this crap that we call a team.

15 games @ $51 per seats x 2 (reg $70 seats). I don't have money to burn but I have enough pay for the convenience of choosing my seat in a good section.

I'm suprised given how this board is so anti Wang/Snow, that when a fellow diehard is getting stiffed, I'm getting "well you should have known about the lockout."

Even though there is a lockout, teams should return the money if asked.

People buy playoff tickets for game 7's and when the series ends in 6, they get a refund. No difference. They don't get a credit. The games I paid for have been removed from the scheduled. They do not exist anymore. Wang is getting interst on all season ticket holders money. Give the money back, and when the league comes back, I might come back.

Everyone assumes this lockout will end at some point. But could it be next week, or 2 years?

camaro27 11-15-2012 12:56 PM

Maybe you should have thought of that when hockey comes back. You would come back. You got smoke blown up your ass by the rep. I am sure they said buy now or them great seats you want will not be around so you jumped on that deal. I have giving up my season tixxs for 6 years now and every year I get a call to come back and they tell me my seat is still available. So I am sure you would have been able to seat anywhere you wanted. Good luck next time don't let the rep bully you into anything

Islanders1932 11-16-2012 11:25 AM

I don't know why so many people are going against the OP. All I heard leading into the next CBA talks were that things were much better. That feeling was confirmed when they took forever to start the CBA negotiations. How many of you that are arguing against the OP also purchased tickets for the Barclays Center game? I bet a bunch even though you thought there would be no hockey.

I agree 100% with the OP. If the product you are paying for isn't provided then you should get a refund. I would call up the credit card company and instantly issue a complaint with the charge and I guarantee they will give you your money back.

Dan-o16 11-16-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanders1932 (Post 55809175)
I agree 100% with the OP. If the product you are paying for isn't provided then you should get a refund. I would call up the credit card company and instantly issue a complaint with the charge and I guarantee they will give you your money back.

I dunno, depends on the contract.

Still, I agree with you that it would be the absolute right thing to do. That's obviously too much to expect.

Cheers,

Dan-o

jjricco8 11-20-2012 12:12 PM

I called and disputed the charges with my credit card company last week. The money was credited back. I hope the Islanders don't realize it and issue me a refund. Then when they say they want the money back. I'll say that it's not my policy to issue refunds without a 1 year investigation. F-em

Fantom 11-28-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55783837)
15 games @ $51 per seats x 2 (reg $70 seats). I don't have money to burn but I have enough pay for the convenience of choosing my seat in a good section.

I'm suprised given how this board is so anti Wang/Snow, that when a fellow diehard is getting stiffed, I'm getting "well you should have known about the lockout."

Even though there is a lockout, teams should return the money if asked.

People buy playoff tickets for game 7's and when the series ends in 6, they get a refund. No difference. They don't get a credit. The games I paid for have been removed from the scheduled. They do not exist anymore. Wang is getting interst on all season ticket holders money. Give the money back, and when the league comes back, I might come back.

Everyone assumes this lockout will end at some point. But could it be next week, or 2 years?

Just because people are not happy with wang /snow does not mean they should just agree with you because there not happy with them.
Now i agree with both side of the argument seen here. the right thing should be to refund no questions asked. However if they have no legal reason to do so then they are not really doing anything wrong persay. Just because i am not happy with wang/snow does not mean i should just agree with you and your stance from them.

MTK 11-29-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55783837)
15 games @ $51 per seats x 2 (reg $70 seats). I don't have money to burn but I have enough pay for the convenience of choosing my seat in a good section.

I'm suprised given how this board is so anti Wang/Snow, that when a fellow diehard is getting stiffed, I'm getting "well you should have known about the lockout."

Even though there is a lockout, teams should return the money if asked.

People buy playoff tickets for game 7's and when the series ends in 6, they get a refund. No difference. They don't get a credit. The games I paid for have been removed from the scheduled. They do not exist anymore. Wang is getting interst on all season ticket holders money. Give the money back, and when the league comes back, I might come back.

Everyone assumes this lockout will end at some point. But could it be next week, or 2 years?

How are you getting stiffed? From what I know not many teams have offered any refunds.

Interest on the NYI season tickets money will buy Wang a happy meal.


-From the guy who has 2 season tickets and is not concerned as the season is not cancelled yet

Dan-o16 11-29-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTK (Post 56119687)
How are you getting stiffed? From what I know not many teams have offered any refunds.

Interest on the NYI season tickets money will buy Wang a happy meal.


-From the guy who has 2 season tickets and is not concerned as the season is not cancelled yet

Only a person who doesn't worry about liquidity thinks that the value of cash is limited to its ability to serve as capital.

Cheers,

Dan-o

tobysmithny 12-27-2012 05:39 PM

What is disappointing is the lack of communication from the team. I'm a full season ticket holder of two seats and parking(who recently sent a hard copy letter to cancel my season tix). Not once since the lockout have I heard how the Isles intend to handle the lockout, accrual of interest, refunds etc. Many, if not most, other teams are issuing refunds monthly. Many other teams are advising season ticket holders as to how much interest they have accrued.

No emails, phone calls, letters etc. I did receive an email announcing the move to Barclays and a request to give them $200 to hold my seats! Nuts.

Richie Daggers Crime 12-27-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjricco8 (Post 55905689)
I hope the Islanders don't realize it and issue me a refund. Then when they say they want the money back. I'll say that it's not my policy to issue refunds without a 1 year investigation. F-em

Yes, because that's certainly the same thing. :laugh:

19 in a row 01-03-2013 02:35 PM

I don't know why so many are against the OP... a season ticket purchase was for a certain product being delivered, that product was for 42 games (1 preseason and regular season) or in the OPs case, a partial plan, with scheduled dates beginning in early October. The buyer is entitled to what he agreed to purchase or he is entitled to his money back. Nothing has been delivered yet, and if they do play, the games will be squeezed into a tighter time frame. If you purchased a car, furniture or clothing and it is still not delivered over 3 months after their scheduled date, you don't think that you can get a refund and cancel your order? Dates cancelled due to a lockout are the responsibility of the club selling the tickets not the buyer, they are the one who broke the verbal or written contract. I got my refund for Barclay's immediately, the Islanders have been mum on this except to ask me to pay additional money to hold tix for when they move (which of course resulted in a resounding no).

I have not asked for my money back and will go to whatever games there are this year. However, the one time i called to discuss they tried to tell me that for the lost portion of what I paid, they would either give me extra seats or count it towards next year. that is not happening, I will get my money back for any games less than what I paid for.. they also switched my rep during the summer after I had paid, the first act of the new rep was to leave me a rude voice message with no pleasantries just saying I owed an additional $500 (which was totally false since i paid in full, it was their accounting error and so bad that it is scary that it even occurred).

The reason why tickets were bought in the spring was due to incentives and discounts. If you knew for sure that you wanted tickets for this season it made sense, there was and still is no doubt in my mind that I will get my money back for any unused portion and if the islanders try to fight this with their fans they do not have any legal ground to stand on unless they go bankrupt. I did not sign a thing, my email trail linking me to my purchase specifically states the dates and seats I was purchasing (because I have my seats split between two sections depending on the game), and I have spoken to my credit card company to confirm. The lockout was certainly a possibility but was not a certainty. The team solicited ticket purchases then, and their product in return was hockey. They did not deliver. The purchaser has every right to demand their money back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.