HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Saskatoon Blades (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282255)

Flyers12 11-12-2012 10:53 AM

Saskatoon Blades

Do you think the Blades will can make good trades to have a great team at the Memorial Cup?

Presently the team have serious problems and doesn't look of a memorial cup host team!

I am the Liquor 11-12-2012 11:05 AM

They are playing better as of late and no I dont think there are many trades to be made from their perspective. Theyve already blown their load so to speak.

This may be a year where the host doesnt participate and the champion and runner up will represent the WHL, which is the way it should be any year imo regardless of who is hosting.

timekeep 11-14-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 55711291)
They are playing better as of late and no I dont think there are many trades to be made from their perspective. Theyve already blown their load so to speak.

This may be a year where the host doesnt participate and the champion and runner up will represent the WHL, which is the way it should be any year imo regardless of who is hosting.

Is that even an option?

I am the Liquor 11-14-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 55761409)
Is that even an option?

Its been talked about. It has happened before.

The Blades would probably have to completely miss the playoffs for it to be considered. Right now they are on the bubble, but have been playing better lately, so it is probably unlikely that they miss the playoffs.

They will probably get knocked out early, get lots of rest, have everyone healthy and then win it all like Chicoutimi did.

Jamie Benn 11-14-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 55771709)

The Blades would probably have to completely miss the playoffs for it to be considered. Right now they are on the bubble, but have been playing better lately, so it is probably unlikely that they miss the playoffs.

They will probably get knocked out early, get lots of rest, have everyone healthy and then win it all like Chicoutimi did.

*Shawinigan?

I am the Liquor 11-15-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yandle Bars (Post 55776479)
*Shawinigan?

Whatever.

Stupid foreigners all sound the same.:sarcasm:

Jamie Benn 11-15-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 55780303)
Whatever.

Stupid foreigners all sound the same.:sarcasm:

:sarcasm::laugh:

timekeep 11-18-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 55771709)

Just curious, when and who?

arsmaster 11-20-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 55862669)

Can't find nothing on the net to support his claim.

Saskatoon has to do something. They look absolutely awful tonight against the Royals.

I am the Liquor 11-20-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 55862669)

I cant recall specifically, but it has happened a couple of times I believe. Ive seen it talked about before. I will look into it when I have some time.

Quote:

The Dukes of Hamilton hosted the 1990 tournament at Copps Coliseum. However, because of the team's poor standing in the 1989–90 season, the team stepped aside for the OHL championship runners-up, the Kitchener Rangers.[18]
The Dukes finished dead last in the OHL that year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...l19891990.html

Quote:

The Chicoutimi Saguenéens hosted the 1988 tournament at the Centre Georges-Vézina of Chicoutimi, but were not guaranteed a berth. They were eliminated in the playoffs so the QMJHL sent the Drummondville Voltigeurs, who finished as the championship runners-up, in their place.[17]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#endnote_1988b

jfb392 11-20-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmaster (Post 55927361)
Can't find nothing on the net to support his claim.

Saskatoon has to do something. They look absolutely awful tonight against the Royals.

Quote:

Finally, the Centre Georges-Vézina hosted Memorial Cup festivities in 1988, but the team did not participate as then-current QMJHL rules forced the host team to make it to at least the President's Cup final, which the Saguenéens did not do that year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicout...%A9ens#History

timekeep 11-25-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 55928375)
I cant recall specifically, but it has happened a couple of times I believe. Ive seen it talked about before. I will look into it when I have some time.

The Dukes finished dead last in the OHL that year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...l19891990.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#endnote_1988b

Thanks for that. If Saskatoon can't make the playoffs they should give up their spot. doubt Lorne is man enough for that.

I am the Liquor 11-25-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 56026639)
Thanks for that. If Saskatoon can't make the playoffs they should give up their spot. doubt Lorne is man enough for that.

There is a lot of pressure on everyone there. Part of me feels bad for them tbh. Lots of time to go yet.

arsmaster 12-15-2012 12:30 PM

Nice to see them making a run.

Stad 12-15-2012 02:00 PM

Going to the game tonight. Hopefully extend it to 6 in a row.

Rocko604 12-20-2012 03:57 PM

Anyone watching "Road to the Memorial Cup" on Sportsnet? Caught about 20 minutes last night, looked pretty interesting.

Royal Canuck 12-20-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocko604 (Post 56702767)
Anyone watching "Road to the Memorial Cup" on Sportsnet? Caught about 20 minutes last night, looked pretty interesting.

I watched about an hour of it last night on SN, looks alright. Shane McColgan is a pretty funny guy.

R S 12-21-2012 01:48 PM

2nd episode of the show is on tonight on Sportsnet West

David71 12-22-2012 03:08 AM

where can i watch episode 2?

fatkidfromcanada 01-06-2013 01:37 PM

can they trade Siemens or Thrower?

so do they have anything else they can/will do in a trade?

They do have some more prospects/picks they can trade. Didn't really like what they gave up for Burns, seemed to really overpay for him.

Molleken looks like he has really lost Siemens and Thrower(and other players?), what do you do with two essentially first round picks who at most times look like they have checked out on the coach?

I am the Liquor 01-06-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatkidfromcanada (Post 57193529)

They do have some more prospects/picks they can trade. Didn't really like what they gave up for Burns, seemed to really overpay for him.

Molleken looks like he has really lost Siemens and Thrower(and other players?), what do you do with two essentially first round picks who at most times look like they have checked out on the coach?

Send them home.

That's what Sutter did.

R S 01-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatkidfromcanada (Post 57193529)

Siemens has been the Blades best defenceman since the end of November, including having a solid handful of stellar performances. When the kid is on, he might be the best shutdown D in the league. He won't be traded.

fatkidfromcanada 01-07-2013 11:04 PM

yes, and that is kind of my point....should be one of the top D in league, could have been a bubble guy at least for WJC. But after his playoffs, and losing the C, not even getting a letter this year and looking totally disinterested in some games, kind of frustrating to bank your Mem Cup on him/them as the star Dman.

Hopefully he can get it going and they can pick it up as when they are on they are very good out there. At least they were back on the PP last game.

not quite sure what this liquor guy is talking about? From the pre-camp for WJC's?

CapsandOilers 01-23-2013 01:45 PM

Became a Blades fan after playing NHL11. Since I live in the US I have no way of truly seeing them, but I try to listen to every Blades game on my Ipodtouch.

Friendlyfire 01-23-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsandOilers (Post 58165183)
Became a Blades fan after playing NHL11. Since I live in the US I have no way of truly seeing them, but I try to listen to every Blades game on my Ipodtouch.

Can you get WHL live? If you love them go online and watch on the edge - road to the memorial cup. You will really like it.