HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OT: NLL to broadcast games on YouTube (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282431)

Taro Tsujimoto 11-12-2012 07:54 PM

OT: NLL to broadcast games on YouTube

This is certainly groundbreaking! I wonder if any other leagues will follow suit.

Quote:

The National Lacrosse League, in partnership with The Lacrosse Network, has announced that the league’s online game broadcasts will air on YouTube during the 2013 season.

The entire 2013 NLL season will be broadcast worldwide and live on YouTube (subject to territorial blackout restrictions for some games). NLL’s YouTube broadcasts will begin with the season opener on January 5 when the defending champion Rochester Knighthawks take on the Washington Stealth.

“We’re excited to announce our dynamic partnership with The Lacrosse Network to bring NLL games to YouTube,” said NLL Commissioner George Daniel. “YouTube's worldwide audience will be a great platform for us to showcase exciting NLL action.”

“This is another win for sports fans around the world. By adding its live games to YouTube, the NLL will put its sport in front of millions, connecting and building deep relationships with its fans. We’re thrilled to help NLL grow and prosper,” said Frank Golding, YouTube Director of Sport for North America.

“The Lacrosse Network is proud to present NLL games on a platform that is international, accessible and interactive,” said The Lacrosse Network President Samir Chaudry. “Our partnership with the NLL is a major step forward in our mission to grow the game of lacrosse through the power of media.”

NLL games on YouTube will be available for mobile viewing live and on demand via iPad, iPhone and most Android devices.
http://www.nll.com/news_article/show...rrer_id=389123

Diatidialga 11-12-2012 07:56 PM

Lacrosse doesn't get enough love

scotchex 11-12-2012 08:12 PM

NLL is fun -- but that sumo-style goalie gear is ridiculous.

Colin226 11-12-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diatidialga (Post 55722065)

But it's a national sport of Canada.. It should be as big as hockey :sarcasm:

Crabovski* 11-12-2012 08:51 PM

inb4 beginning the turn of the corner for lax (srs)

Kids are gonna be all over this. Cable isn't what it was. Im pretty excited for the sport.

HavlatMach9 11-12-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crabovski (Post 55723371)
inb4 beginning the turn of the corner for lax (srs)

How so? You can view sports matches online already.

deytookerjaabs 11-12-2012 09:00 PM

The AHL should do this, but they also should use cameras made within the past decade.

Shootmaster_44 11-13-2012 01:35 PM

I don't really see this as anything new. The NLL has had online streaming of games for awhile now. The only games that were not on the online streaming were the games shown on TSN or their American partner.

Quite honestly, I don't see this as a big deal. The NLL should really have been trying to capitalize on the lack of the NHL by getting games on national television. During the last lockout, the NLL All-Star game and the NLL Champions Cup Final were on NBC nationally.

IcemanTBI 11-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 55723665)
The AHL should do this, but they also should use cameras made within the past decade.

lol! You should watch some Junior hockey broadcasts. Unless it's the Friday Night CHL game on Sportsnet, the quality and camera work is crap. But its still watchable.

HockeyH3aven 11-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 (Post 55723601)
How so? You can view sports matches online already.

Not on Youtube. The platform makes a massive difference.

I've never really seen an entire Lacrosse game, but I would definitely check this out. Could replace some of the time where I'm just streaming random stuff from Netflix I don't care about.

Elever 11-13-2012 02:20 PM

Awesome! I was getting into lacrosse when NLL was being shown fairly regularly on ESPN and TheScore. So nice to see that it'll be happening again.

Rocko604 11-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcemanTBI (Post 55739223)
lol! You should watch some Junior hockey broadcasts. Unless it's the Friday Night CHL game on Sportsnet, the quality and camera work is crap. But its still watchable.

This. I've seen my cousin's novice games shot on a cell phone that had better quality then a WHL playoff game.

CBC's stream during the playoffs for the Bruins/Capitals was awful too. 240p yo!!

Kirkpatrick 11-13-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 55739235)
Not on Youtube. The platform makes a massive difference.

I've never really seen an entire Lacrosse game, but I would definitely check this out. Could replace some of the time where I'm just streaming random stuff from Netflix I don't care about.

It's a good watch. The action is somewhere between Hockey and Basketball, and it's good fun live (and not too expensive!) if you can make it out.

I'll definitely watch all the Rock games I can this year, both for entertainment and to show support for a sports league having some understanding of the modern entertainment landscape.

Crumblin Erb Brooks 11-13-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diatidialga (Post 55722065)

I played it in high school (albeit in the US Midwest, not exactly a hotbed), and it was a very fun sport to play. Not sure it is the greatest spectator sport though, granted you get some pretty goals almost every game.