HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: What team needs more depth? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282621)

Leafs For Life* 11-13-2012 07:34 AM

What team needs more depth?

So what teams need depth?

My 1st thought is Anaheim but they say to keep a combination of prospects and near 40 year olds in their top 6 will work. No offense but I don't see that working well enough for playoffs.

So what teams?

Exit Dose 11-13-2012 07:40 AM

Who gives a **** if we aren't going to win the cup with rookies? We made the playoffs with less talent in '09 and '11. My biggest worry is which Getzlaf we are getting this year.

Moore Money 11-13-2012 07:42 AM

every team needs more depth. Especially my team.:D

Vipers31 11-13-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 55731657)
My 1st thought is Anaheim but they say to keep a combination of prospects and near 40 year olds in their top 6 will work. No offense but I don't see that working well enough for playoffs.

While I don't disagree entirely with the notion that the Ducks lack depth in certain areas, that comment seems wildly odd. Our three most important players in (and half of) our top-six are Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan - none of which are prospects or near-40-year-olds.

There's one 40-year old in Selanne. Koivu will be centering the third line. We're left with two spots for prospects, and in Palmieri and Holland/Bonino we do have a couple that have proven enough at all lower levels to deserve that chance.

Now, if we were to talk about what happens next year in a scenario that sees us left without Getzlaf or Perry, that's a vastly different matter.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 11-13-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 55731657)
So what teams need depth?

So what teams?

look at your username that one

The Podium 11-13-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 55731765)
look at your username that one

Actually, Toronto needs more talent then depth. Our depth should be the last of our worries:laugh:

sharks9 11-13-2012 09:25 AM

MTL needs more scoring depth, one more top 6 winger is what we really need, unless Bourque manages to bounce back.

SLAPSHOT723 11-13-2012 09:29 AM

I've always thought the Lightning had the worst bottom-6.

gabeliscious 11-13-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 55732645)
I've always thought the Lightning had the worst bottom-6.

imo leafs :cry:

lombardi-mclemment-frattin
brown-steckel-connolly

SLAPSHOT723 11-13-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabeliscious (Post 55732697)

brown-steckel-connolly

That's not terrible. I like all of those players, but Connolly there doesn't make sense.

The Podium 11-13-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabeliscious (Post 55732697)

brown-steckel-connolly

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 55732807)
That's not terrible. I like all of those players, but Connolly there doesn't make sense.

Hes way off:huh:

Kulemin/MacArthur - Bozak/Mcclement - Frattin
Brown - Steckel/McClement - Komarov

Will be our bottom 6, dont expect Connolly or Lombardi to be here for long

dave babych returns 11-13-2012 10:14 AM

"What teams need depth?" coming from a Leafs fan reads pretty much like "who can we trade our crap to?"

AJMHABS 11-13-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 55732579)
MTL needs more scoring depth, one more top 6 winger is what we really need, unless Bourque manages to bounce back.

I would say we would need a prospect of Gally's caliber, a winger preferably like Drouin or Shinkaruk in this year's draft. And I don't think Bourque bounces back, but I hope he does because we need more secondary scoring.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 11-13-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisx101 (Post 55731819)
Actually, Toronto needs more talent then depth. Our depth should be the last of our worries:laugh:

while it is true we need talent I feel we need GOOD bottom 6 guys see bolland clutterbuck clarkson for examples. Brown and Mcclement are solid but not enough. Winnik would have been nice.

sharks9 11-13-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisx101 (Post 55733035)
Hes way off:huh:

Kulemin/MacArthur - Bozak/Mcclement - Frattin
Brown - Steckel/McClement - Komarov

Will be our bottom 6, dont expect Connolly or Lombardi to be here for long

Wait, then what does your top 6 look like? I thought Kulemin/Macarthur were your 2nd line wingers, possibly JVR if we doesn't work out at center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJMHABS (Post 55734391)
I would say we would need a prospect of Gally's caliber, a winger preferably like Drouin or Shinkaruk in this year's draft. And I don't think Bourque bounces back, but I hope he does because we need more secondary scoring.

I don't think we need a prospect that good, although obviously it would be nice. I think either Leblanc or Gallagher will be able to step into a 2nd line role next year, though it depends on how much they improve in Hamilton this year.

JuniorNelson 11-13-2012 11:52 AM

Vancouver is almost without depth. They have one offensive line that does not function if it is not complete. There are only two, maybe three legit NHL prospects in the minors. Shockingly, behind Luongo there is only Schnieder with any NHL (60 games) experience in net!

struckbyaparkedcar 11-13-2012 11:52 AM

Buffalo could use a defensively apt center for the bottom six.

Vancouver has a bunch of ****** third line grinders, but the utter inability of their bottom eight forwards to create their own shots has, and will continue to be a huge issue.

struckbyaparkedcar 11-13-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 55731681)
Who gives a **** if we aren't going to win the cup with rookies? We made the playoffs with less talent in '09 and '11. My biggest worry is which Getzlaf we are getting this year.

Yeah, I like Anheim's depth forwards/D way more than any point in the past four years, and they made the playoffs two of those times. 100% agree that it comes down to Getzlaf, and to a lesser extent, Hiller.

AJMHABS 11-13-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 55734779)
I don't think we need a prospect that good, although obviously it would be nice. I think either Leblanc or Gallagher will be able to step into a 2nd line role next year, though it depends on how much they improve in Hamilton this year.

We don't need one of star caliber, but another who is a sure-fire 1st liner. I wrote that wrong my bad.

Hawkaholic 11-13-2012 01:02 PM

Chicagos bottom 6 could use some re-tooling.

Bickell - *Bolland* - Shaw
*Carcillo* - Mayers - Frolik

Mayers, Frolik, Bickell, and Shaw could use an upgrade.
Happy with Bolland, and Carcillo though.

The Podium 11-13-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 55734779)
Wait, then what does your top 6 look like? I thought Kulemin/Macarthur were your 2nd line wingers, possibly JVR if we doesn't work out at center.

Lupul - Bozak/acquired C - Kessel
Kulemin/MacArthur - Grabovski - JVR

I dont expect JVR to work at C, meaning only 1 of Kulemin/Macarthur will be in the top 6, the other is on the 3rd line.

HiddenInLight 11-13-2012 01:54 PM

Assuming our youth pans out, the sabres are actually in fairly good shape right now. If we have some severe growing pains though our lack of veteran talent at center could create some issues for us. As it stands we look like:

Vanek - Hodgeson - Pomminville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Leino - Grigorenko - Ott
Gerbe - Girgensons - Kaleta

Tropp (Next year, out for season with injury)
McCormick
Armia (Next year)

Myers - Sekera
Ehrhoff - Sulzer
Leopold - Regehr

McNabb
Brennan
Weber
Pysyk

That is scary young down the middle.

shultzyfeelinirie20 11-13-2012 03:10 PM

^^ yeah you sabres fan should be pretty happy you guys have some good young talent and nice bottom 6 players

Seatoo 11-13-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 55732579)

Would MTL be interested in a Ballard for Bourque swap?

Mafoofoo 11-13-2012 03:44 PM

Sharks need more offensive depth since after the strong top 6 it's a no man's land in terms of scoring.