HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Detroit Prospect Riley Sheahan Arrested (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282837)

Christien 11-13-2012 05:35 PM

Detroit Prospect Riley Sheahan Arrested
 
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....medium=twitter

Arrested for "super drunk driving". Former 1st rounder

Suprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet

IHWR 11-13-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsRatchet (Post 55745293)
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....medium=twitter

Arrested for "super drunk driving". Former 1st rounder

Suprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet

And that's how you earn the nickname "Superdrunk".

Jackson12 11-13-2012 05:40 PM

lol @ super drunk. kid should of at least pulled this stunt where he was old enough to drink.

BIitz 11-13-2012 05:41 PM

Don't drop the soap.

ohheyhemsky 11-13-2012 06:45 PM

Bust.

headsigh 11-13-2012 06:54 PM

Disappointing.

Yog S'loth 11-13-2012 06:55 PM

"Superdrunk"?

Is that like "Supermurder", when you REALLY REALLY kill somebody?

takehisheadoff 11-13-2012 07:10 PM

I've been drunker:nod:

No wonder he is still in the minors he can't even drink with the big boys:yo:

Vaclav Varada 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takehisheadoff (Post 55748163)
I've been drunker:nod:

No wonder he is still in the minors he can't even drink with the big boys:yo:

You looking for props or what?

Anchor Town* 11-13-2012 07:14 PM

The definition "superdrunk" is pretty pathetic.

.17 BAC can be 4-5 beers

Vaclav Varada 11-13-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the banks (Post 55748261)
The definition "superdrunk" is pretty pathetic.

.17 BAC can be 4-5 beers

He's also underage.

PatriceBergeronFan 11-13-2012 07:21 PM

DUI as an adult is terrible... DUI as a minor?! What the.... where's his brain at!

Walkingthroughforest 11-13-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan (Post 55748429)
DUI as an adult is terrible... DUI as a minor?! What the.... where's his brain at!

I can't compute 20 year olds as minors. What a ridiculous law.

PatriceBergeronFan 11-13-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkingthroughforest (Post 55748499)
I can't compute 20 year olds as minors. What a ridiculous law.

Well certainly many people drink underage. But taking it up a notch to DUI when you know your life and future is wrecked if caught, it shows why perhaps considering that a "minor" isn't such a bad idea.

Mach8 11-13-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan (Post 55748645)
Well certainly many people drink underage. But taking it up a notch to DUI when you know your life and future is wrecked if caught, it shows why perhaps considering that a "minor" isn't such a bad idea.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the drinking - in Canada, he would be legal. DUI, though, is a big no-no. Even if some kids are dumb enough to drink and drive, it's not a reason to forbid anyone under 21 from drinking. That's just stupid.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-13-2012 07:52 PM

Wasn't their some hype on him ?

Vaclav Varada 11-13-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55749253)
Wasn't their some hype on him ?

Idk about 'hype'. I'm pretty sure he was/is seen as a pretty safe prospect to at least play on a checking line. Not an offensive dynamo or anything though.

ponder 11-13-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the banks (Post 55748261)
The definition "superdrunk" is pretty pathetic.

.17 BAC can be 4-5 beers

It all depends on your size, the period over which you drank the beers, how long ago you had your last beer, etc. For a guy of Sheahan's size, a .17 BAC would correspond to roughly a dozen beers over about 3 hours. It's legit drunk, not just buzzed. I'm sure he would have been very dangerous on the road at this BAC, with a greatly enhanced risk of killing other drivers and/or pedestrians.

This doesn't make Sheahan the devil or anything, but driving drunk is an incredibly stupid, selfish act. You are literally putting lives at risk just so you don't have to take a cab/bus. There are roughly 10,000 to 14,000 drunk driving fatalities in the US alone, it's no joke. I definitely don't think it would be a bad thing if Sheahan spent a small amount of time in jail for this, it could serve as an effective wakeup call. When people do something like this, get caught, and DON'T get punished, it's basically encouragement to do it again.

Nalens Oga 11-13-2012 08:52 PM

I realize that he's in the AHL now but seems like all the bad publicity happens to college prospects nowadays.

SmellOfVictory 11-13-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the banks (Post 55748261)
The definition "superdrunk" is pretty pathetic.

.17 BAC can be 4-5 beers

For a petite Chinese woman, maybe. For the average male (that's not even taking into account this kid's size) .17 BAC would require 8+ drinks (8 if it's in the space of an hour, increase it to compensate for the time over which he was drinking). It's not stumbling blackout drunk, but it's solidly into drunk territory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 55750935)
I realize that he's in the AHL now but seems like all the bad publicity happens to college prospects nowadays.

College provides the atmosphere for shenanigans. Especially the frat system in the US.

squidz* 11-13-2012 09:00 PM

I propose the thread title be changed to:

Detroit Prospect Riley "Superdrunk" Sheahan Arrested

ponder 11-13-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory (Post 55751115)
For a petite Chinese woman, maybe. For the average male (that's not even taking into account this kid's size) .17 BAC would require 8+ drinks (8 if it's in the space of an hour, increase it to compensate for the time over which he was drinking). It's not stumbling blackout drunk, but it's solidly into drunk territory.

Indeed. Plus most people will not drink 8 beers in an hour, this BAC for a big guy like Sheahan would indicate roughly a dozen beers over 3 hours, assuming it was measured within an hour or so of him having his last drink. You are definitely drunk with a BAC this high.

Anchor Town* 11-13-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 55750869)
It all depends on your size, the period over which you drank the beers, how long ago you had your last beer, etc. For a guy of Sheahan's size, a .17 BAC would correspond to roughly a dozen beers over about 3 hours. It's legit drunk, not just buzzed. I'm sure he would have been very dangerous on the road at this BAC, with a greatly enhanced risk of killing other drivers and/or pedestrians.

This doesn't make Sheahan the devil or anything, but driving drunk is an incredibly stupid, selfish act. You are literally putting lives at risk just so you don't have to take a cab/bus. There are roughly 10,000 to 14,000 drunk driving fatalities in the US alone, it's no joke. I definitely don't think it would be a bad thing if Sheahan spent a small amount of time in jail for this, it could serve as an effective wakeup call. When people do something like this, get caught, and DON'T get punished, it's basically encouragement to do it again.

Hence the wording "can". And as I was talking about the law itself not Sheahan's case. My point goes along with what you were saying though how everyone BAC is gonna be different and some can handle more alcohol much better, and .08 is pretty arbitrary

Anchor Town* 11-13-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan (Post 55748645)
Well certainly many people drink underage. But taking it up a notch to DUI when you know your life and future is wrecked if caught, it shows why perhaps considering that a "minor" isn't such a bad idea.

Yeah neither his life nor his future is "wrecked". But he's a professional athlete, he has the money/means to have a driver or pay for a taxi

GoAwayDanCleary 11-13-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil (Post 55749449)
Idk about 'hype'. I'm pretty sure he was/is seen as a pretty safe prospect to at least play on a checking line. Not an offensive dynamo or anything though.

Yeah he's projected as a solid 3rd/2nd line center depending on his offensive development.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.