HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   How to get to Atlant game from my hotel? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282857)

imderekpoe 11-13-2012 06:46 PM

How to get to Atlant game from my hotel?

I'm going to be in Moscow Nov 30 - Dec 8 for work and I want to try to take in a game while I'm there. Based on my schedule I think that the only game I'll be able to get to is on Friday, Nov 30 Atlant - Neftekhimik.

I'm staying at the Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya. My question is how do I get to the rink? Doesn't look like the Metro goes very close. I can't really decipher the directions on the arena website, but it looks like I might be able to take the Metro, train and walk. I wouldn't have a problem just taking a taxi from the hotel, but I'm more concerned about getting a taxi or something back from the game - at least to a metro station if not all the way back to the hotel. Can anybody help me out with the best way to get there?

I'm not planning to purchase a ticket in advance in case my plans have to change. Would I have a problem getting a ticket at the door?

Thanks for any help!

ult 11-13-2012 10:39 PM

Like this?

This might help as well. As for ticket, I think it's better to worry about it beforehand.

student84 11-14-2012 12:03 AM

go to the metro station Medvedkovo, there lies the bus number 169 which goes up to the arena, the travel time of 25-40 minutes depending of type of "traffic jams" and also back.If the game ends in a late back can take the train(Komsomolskaya Metro Station) or a taxi to the station Medvedkovo 400-500 rubles
P.S комрады знающие английский можете подправить чтобы он точно понял: Сарказм:

student84 11-14-2012 01:12 AM

and 30 November play Spartak ska 19.30 msk
December 2 Atlant Ak Bars 17.00 MSK
December 4 CSKA Slovan 19.30 mck
December 5 dynamo locomotive 19.30 MSK
December 7 CSKA-Dynamo Moscow 19:30 MSK
choose

Bure 11-14-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by student84 (Post 55755399)
go to the metro station Medvedkovo, there lies the bus number 169 which goes up to the arena, the travel time of 25-40 minutes depending of type of "traffic jams" and also back.If the game ends in a late back can take the train(Komsomolskaya Metro Station) or a taxi to the station Medvedkovo 400-500 rubles
P.S комрады знающие английский можете подправить чтобы он точно понял: Сарказм:

Angliskiy haroshiy ou tebiya.

Ryker 11-14-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by student84 (Post 55756031)
and 30 November play Spartak ska 19.30 msk
December 2 Atlant Ak Bars 17.00 MSK
December 4 CSKA Slovan 19.30 mck
December 5 dynamo locomotive 19.30 MSK
December 7 CSKA-Dynamo Moscow 19:30 MSK
choose

Man, that CSKA - Dynamo match-up would be an excellent way for the OP to end his work trip :yo:

Kharlamov17 11-21-2012 02:34 AM

I am currently staying at the Courtyard Moscow Paveletskaya. I can tell you that you won't be able to see any KHL games on TV from the hotel. The hotel doesn't get Russia-2, the Sport channel, or KHL-TV.

The Paveletskaya metro station is relatively close to the hotel and it's not difficult to get to Luzhniki (went to the Dynamo Moscow - Vityaz game yesterday) or the CSKA Ice Palace (going to CSKA-Lokomotiv game today).

As Student84 said, you won't be able to take the Metro all the way to Mytischi for the Atlant game. You will need to take some other form of transportation (bus, etc.) to get from Moscow to Mytischi.

Faterson 11-21-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kharlamov17 (Post 55929795)
I can tell you that you won't be able to see any KHL games on TV from the hotel. The hotel doesn't get Russia-2, the Sport channel, or KHL-TV.

What about the WiFi at the hotel? Good enough to carry khl.ru's official streams? Those are of decent quality. I was on a foreign business trip here in Europe last month and was disappointed that the otherwise excellent four-star hotel's WiFi connection was so shaky I could barely watch YouTube game summaries using it, let alone live games. :shakehead

Atas2000 11-21-2012 04:32 PM

student84's directions are pretty accurate. I still would consider going to some games in Moscow. It's much easier to get to the arenas. I considered going to a Atlant game too. Was too much trouble getting there and back after all. And in Mytischi it's harder to get tickets.

ult 11-21-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 55944917)
student84's directions are pretty accurate. I still would consider going to some games in Moscow. It's much easier to get to the arenas. I considered going to a Atlant game too. Was too much trouble getting there and back after all. And in Mytischi it's harder to get tickets.

If you wanna go watch KHL hockey, Moscow is the worst place you can choose. Fact.

Kharlamov17 11-22-2012 02:23 AM

The information I previously posted is not entirely correct. Russia-2 is available at the Courtyard Moscow Pavelskaya. I am watching the Amur-Sibir game now.

The hotel has two types of Internet access at the hotel. Free Internet access is available, but it is only 256 Kbps, which isn't fast enough for video streaming. You can also purchase high speed Internet access, but it is quite expensive. One hour costs 360 rubles and 24 hours costs 1150 rubles.

Acallabeth 11-22-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 55953967)
If you wanna go watch KHL hockey, Moscow is the worst place you can choose. Fact.

Yeah, imderekpoe must go to Novokuznetsk and make a nice company for me :sarcasm:

Faterson 11-22-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kharlamov17 (Post 55955779)
The hotel has two types of Internet access at the hotel. Free Internet access is available, but it is only 256 Kbps, which isn't fast enough for video streaming. You can also purchase high speed Internet access, but it is quite expensive. One hour costs 360 rubles and 24 hours costs 1150 rubles.

That's about $11.50 per hour... must be a hotel catering primarily to oligarchs. :laugh:

Atas2000 11-22-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 55953967)

He will be in Moscow. What are we talking about here?

ult 11-22-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 55959789)
He will be in Moscow. What are we talking about here?

Mytishchi is in Moscow region. But it's only 19 km away from Kremlin. Besides, I think he chose Mytishchi for a reason.

Vicente 11-22-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 55964809)
Mytishchi is in Moscow region. But it's only 19 km away from Kremlin. Besides, I think he chose Mytishchi for a reason.

Well. If I was in the Moscow region for a visit I'd also chose a team like Atlant where you have a lot of fans, nice atmosphere and a modern stadium rather than Spartak or CSKA.

Atas2000 11-22-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ult (Post 55964809)

I think you don't get the point. Who cares about how far it is from the Kremlin? It's not like there is a direct way to get to Mytischi from Moscow. Inside Moscow public transportation isn't a big issue. And he wrote he chose Mytischi for his private schedule reasons. I was thinking about Mytischi myself, but after all it was too much trouble getting back after the game. If I'd want to see that particular game for whatever reason I'd probably go, but if I wanted just to see a KHL game in or around Moscow I'd probably go to some Moscow arena.

Kharlamov17 11-22-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faterson (Post 55957503)
That's about $11.50 per hour... must be a hotel catering primarily to oligarchs. :laugh:

I can assure you that there are no oligarchs here. The hotel is nice (it is only one or two years old) and is comparable to Marriott Courtyard hotels in the US. I think the oligarchs stay at the Ritz Carlton hotel adjacent to Red Square.