HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Dougie Hamilton vs Morgan Rielly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1282947)

Fearless Leaf* 11-13-2012 10:58 PM

Dougie Hamilton vs Morgan Rielly
 
Who would you rather have going forward? and who do you think will end up as the better d-man?

Please share your opinions on why you made the choice. :)

Leafs and Bruins fans, I would be pleased if u guys would refrain from voting.

Vankiller Whale 11-13-2012 11:00 PM

Dougie Hamilton has more capability to be a game breaker, imo. Max upsides I'm thinking Karlsson vs Chara. I'd rather have Hamilton for the added physicality/size that would be more effective in the playoffs.

Plus he showed good chemistry with Corrado at the subway series, so another plus for him, at least for me.

topchowda 11-13-2012 11:02 PM

Dougy but verrry close. Seems like he plays a good defensive game and has size to. Rielly is tearing up the dub tho, cant go wrong with either. AINEC should not show up in this poll

Fearless Leaf* 11-13-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55754299)
Dougie Hamilton has more capability to be a game breaker, imo. Max upsides I'm thinking Karlsson vs Chara. I'd rather have Hamilton for the added physicality/size that would be more effective in the playoffs.

Plus he showed good chemistry with Corrado at the subway series, so another plus for him, at least for me.

Very fair, I like your opinion. :handclap:

Kesler2Kesler 11-13-2012 11:03 PM

Dougie because of dat 'stache.

Fearless Leaf* 11-13-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topchowda (Post 55754317)
Dougy but verrry close. Seems like he plays a good defensive game and has size to. Rielly is tearing up the dub tho, cant go wrong with either. AINEC should not show up in this poll

Agreed, that is why I included "too close to call" as the final option.

Also, anyone thinking I created this for flaming will probably take this the wrong way but my reasons are simple and clear. I want to know how well the other fans aside from Leafs and Bruins fans see these two from their view-point.

The Podium 11-13-2012 11:08 PM

As of right now the choice is quite easily Hamilton, but in the future it can go either way. At max potential, your looking at 2 potential top 5 D, ends up being which you rater prefer.

JSC 11-13-2012 11:10 PM

I'd take Rielly, but it's close. Call me crazy, but I truly believe he'll be the best defenseman of the 2012 draft class and by quite a bit. I can see him hitting 60 points regularly in his prime while being solid defensively.

bruinsfan46 11-13-2012 11:11 PM

Dougie is five inches taller, far ahead defensively and it's a virtual toss up offensively. I'm very comfortable taking Hamilton over any defensive prospect in the world.

Phion Keneuf 11-13-2012 11:15 PM

I'll take Rielly. Should be close though

iamitter 11-13-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topchowda (Post 55754317)
Dougy but verrry close. Seems like he plays a good defensive game and has size to. Rielly is tearing up the dub tho, cant go wrong with either. AINEC should not show up in this poll

Dougie tore up the OHL much more than Rielly is currently doing so.

iPunch 11-13-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamitter (Post 55754587)
Dougie tore up the OHL much more than Rielly is currently doing so.

On the first place team. Moose Jaw is awful (sorry Warriors fans). I think it's a pretty safe argument to say Rielly is more of a catalyst for his teams offense than Hamilton is.

bruinsfan46 11-13-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 55754603)
On the first place team. Moose Jaw is awful (sorry Warriors fans). I think it's a pretty safe argument to say Rielly is more of a catalyst for his teams offense than Hamilton is.

They're bad but not Kootenay bad (literally Reinhart and no one else). Sam Fioretti doesn't seem to find it impossible to produce numbers in Moose Jaw this year. Don't how you can back the second sentence up, Hamilton's PPG was .02 below Strome's for the best on that first place team. They were so good because Dougie was so good.

WarriorofTime 11-13-2012 11:37 PM

Similar offense with Hamilton being far ahead defensively.

Atomos2 11-13-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 (Post 55754799)
They're bad but not Kootenay bad (literally Reinhart and no one else). Sam Fioretti doesn't seem to find it impossible to produce numbers in Moose Jaw this year. Don't how you can back the second sentence up, Hamilton's PPG was .02 below Strome's for the best on that first place team. They were so good because Dougie was so good.

Sam Fioretti is good, but in no way is he an elite offensive force. He is just enjoying being the beneficiary of Rielly's offense. A bunch of Fiortti's goals have been from passes from Rielly or rebounds from Rielly. He's benefitting in the same way Spezza and Michalek benefitted from Karlsson. Strome is an elite offensive force that can create his own chances and make something from nothing, you can't expect to compare Fioretti with Ryan Strome.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 11-13-2012 11:44 PM

Will be interesting to see how they match up at the WJCs. Warriors have only scored 17 goals in their last 9 games, and Fioretti's coming down to Earth as well. They will eventually snap out of the funk, but Rielly is the only player on that team who generates offence at a high level. Brayden Point could be a 1st round pick, but he's been inconsistent offensively.

Dangles McGavin 11-13-2012 11:48 PM

I'm not going to vote because I haven't seen Dougie play enough to make an educated opinion.

But, from what I've seen... I don't see the 'amazingness' that most see in this kid. I'm sure I'll be proven wrong- I look forward to watching him at the WJC.

bruinsfan46 11-13-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomos2 (Post 55755047)
Sam Fioretti is good, but in no way is he an elite offensive force. He is just enjoying being the beneficiary of Rielly's offense. A bunch of Fiortti's goals have been from passes from Rielly or rebounds from Rielly. He's benefitting in the same way Spezza and Michalek benefitted from Karlsson. Strome is an elite offensive force that can create his own chances and make something from nothing, you can't expect to compare Fioretti with Ryan Strome.

They're definitely miles apart with the talent surrounded them, but Hamilton was still a catalyst on that team and his production was phenomenal. I'm willing to concede a virtual toss up offensively, the thing is Rielly has to be much better offensively because of the size and defensive play gap in Hamilton's favour. Rielly hasn't proven to be much better offensively IMO.

LeafOfBread 11-13-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 (Post 55754799)
They're bad but not Kootenay bad (literally Reinhart and no one else). Sam Fioretti doesn't seem to find it impossible to produce numbers in Moose Jaw this year. Don't how you can back the second sentence up, Hamilton's PPG was .02 below Strome's for the best on that first place team. They were so good because Dougie was so good.

Yes, but Dougie has benefited from having better talent to work with him and players who can actually convert on the chances he creates.

Rielly's team is literally just Rielly, he's the best player on that team by a mile. Even in the last 8 games or so he's gone on a bit cold streak pointswise, but every game the play-by-play guys for the other teams still gush over him and he has earned a few star nominations over that time despite having point-less games; watching some of those games too, he stood out every time despite not coming up on the scoresheet.

I do still view Hamilton a bit higher at this point, he's 1 year ahead in his development and has looked very good.

As for who does better in the NHL, it's a toss-up for me, I'll just have to wait and see :dunno:

DKQ 11-13-2012 11:51 PM

Rielly is good, but Dougy is something else. I haven't seen someone with his blend of size, skills and smarts in the OHL since Alex Pietrangelo. Rielly is probably 4th best D prospect for me behind Dougy, Schultz and Gormley

Vikingstad 11-13-2012 11:52 PM

Im going to say Rielly. On terms of potential they are pretty even, but I have a hunch that Dougie isnt going to turn out as well as people think. Just a gut feeling. Do hope he proves me wrong though.

AJMHABS 11-13-2012 11:54 PM

Dougie Hamilton for sure.

Atomos2 11-14-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 (Post 55755211)
They're definitely miles apart with the talent surrounded them, but Hamilton was still a catalyst on that team and his production was phenomenal. I'm willing to concede a virtual toss up offensively, the thing is Rielly has to be much better offensively because of the size and defensive play gap in Hamilton's favour. Rielly hasn't proven to be much better offensively IMO.

The size is definitely in Hamilton's favour, I wouldn't say the defensive play gap is that huge. Rielly is proned to bad reads now and then but his defensive game is pretty solid. Not as good as Hamilton's but in no way a liability. It's only being underrated because his offensive attributes are at such a high level. I've seen Hamilton play more than I've seen Rielly but I've seen Rielly a fair bit and tbh I'm just as nervous having Dougie Hamilton out on the ice defending a lead than I'd be having Rielly defending a lead.

Atomos2 11-14-2012 12:05 AM

I'd still take Hamilton over Rielly, but only because I've seen more of him and I know how good he is.

conway902 11-14-2012 12:27 AM

Whats this size business you guys are going on about, rielly is built like a tank compare to Hamilton. He is 5" shorter but last time I looked at 205lbs they are the same weight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.