HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Regarding Stastny (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283035)

Landeskog The Viking 11-14-2012 09:52 AM

Regarding Stastny
 
Whats up with him he signed in the german league but he hasn't played a game from what i searched does anyone know whats up with him?

ficohok* 11-14-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking (Post 55758719)
Whats up with him he signed in the german league but he hasn't played a game from what i searched does anyone know whats up with him?

He didn't sign there...it was only rumor about his signing for Nurnberg.

Landeskog The Viking 11-14-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannheim (Post 55758795)
He didn't sign there...it was only rumor about his signing for Nurnberg.

ohh ok i haven't been following much since the lockout and school thanks

Avs_19 11-14-2012 06:40 PM

Stastny is going to play in Germany now......

Quote:

@ByKevinAllen: Paul Stastny is joining Munich in the German League.
https://twitter.com/ByKevinAllen/sta...52445898215424

Landeskog The Viking 11-15-2012 07:43 AM

Ya seen that last night suprised me. good he'll get to play

ficohok* 11-15-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking (Post 55781461)
Ya seen that last night suprised me. good he'll get to play

This is gift from the sky for Munchen as they have weakest offence in whole DEL.

Kschey 11-18-2012 12:53 PM

Scored a goal in his first game with Munich. 5-0 win over Augsburg, Stastny had the first goal of the game.
He'll be to the city I live in (Krefeld, Germany) with his new team in about two weeks.
I'll be there with my Avs jersey and I might make a poster for him.
You think he'd appreciate it? And do you have any ideas for the poster?

Dfire 11-18-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kschey (Post 55853755)
Scored a goal in his first game with Munich. 5-0 win over Augsburg, Stastny had the first goal of the game.
...

No it was his second game. His first one with Munich was a 3:1 loss at Hannover in which he didn't get any points.

falconski 11-18-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kschey (Post 55853755)
Scored a goal in his first game with Munich. 5-0 win over Augsburg, Stastny had the first goal of the game.
He'll be to the city I live in (Krefeld, Germany) with his new team in about two weeks.
I'll be there with my Avs jersey and I might make a poster for him.
You think he'd appreciate it? And do you have any ideas for the poster?

quick, trade him for bozak

Drizzt1 11-18-2012 06:20 PM

Love Stazz. I personally believe is he one of the best two way players today in the game. By far my favorite player since Joe Sakic, and Patrick Roy before him. I really hope he ends up playing his whole career in an Avs sweater. I also hope he gets some marquee quality wingers at some point. I hate seeing him with 37 point toilers.

Kschey 11-18-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfire (Post 55860415)
No it was his second game. His first one with Munich was a 3:1 loss at Hannover in which he didn't get any points.

Oh, didn't notice that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by falconski
quick, trade him for bozak

What about "You're not a #1 center, Paul!"?

Frenchy 11-19-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt1 (Post 55862693)
Love Stazz. I personally believe is he one of the best two way players today in the game. By far my favorite player since Joe Sakic, and Patrick Roy before him. I really hope he ends up playing his whole career in an Avs sweater. I also hope he gets some marquee quality wingers at some point. I hate seeing him with 37 point toilers.

He had good chemistry with Mcginn and Jones , right after the trade, last year . Taking for granted that Sacco dont screw everything right off the starting block this year , those 3 should be able to put some good numbers on the scoreboard, playing togetter.

Drizzt1 11-20-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy (Post 55889367)
He had good chemistry with Mcginn and Jones , right after the trade, last year . Taking for granted that Sacco dont screw everything right off the starting block this year , those 3 should be able to put some good numbers on the scoreboard, playing togetter.

Mcginn came in playing on fire no doubts, and I actually had reservations about him when that trade went down. My concern I guess there, is that I've seen so many players come into our club, shoot the lights out, then, for whatever reason flounder later. Mcginn got 7 goals in his first 8 games, the got 1 goal in his last 9.

This has also happened with various other players (again for various reasons), and they have been (in the recent years) Mueller, Downie, Anderson, Elliott to name but a few examples.

Jones is very streaky - especially after his last long term injury. He doesn't enjoy that explosive speed he used to have (I recall a goal he got from a turnover in the opposition end, ripped down the ice, and let a rocket off) - he too, only got 3 goals in his last 10. For 4 million bucks, I want more than that. He's sharing the same salary as John Tavares, Ryan Callahan, and Joe Pavelski this season (if played), so I expect a lot - a real lot - he supposed to be one of our marquee players now - no 37 point garbage. In fact, anything under 50 points, is a failure for mine.

Someone on here did an outstanding post (maybe Lonewolf???) on Stazz, and his synergies with variant wingers, and it made a heck of a lot of sense. I'll try and find it and link it later.

I kind of feel for him. I kind of feel for his Dad, who was extremely upset when Stewart was traded away. I don't think our club gives Stastny the best tools and weapons, to grow into the player he can be. Honestly, after his 3rd year of playing three straight awesome productive years, all I have seen, is regression, and why not? Wingers like Stoa, Tucker, Lindstrom, Kobasew, Wolski (some of which I really had high hopes for in Stoa / Wolski) didn't give Stazz much to go on.

Nah mate, I reckon the club should have done better by Stazz. Maybe he'll get Parenteau? I also worry very much about placing Parenteau on a line with two players (Hejduk / Duchene) who are required to have bounce back years for whatever reason. That could really end in tears. It's not like Duchene / Hejduk are Tavares / Moulson now, and Johnson is Streit. Parenteau will have to lift a few gears imo, and carry somewhat some of our players (to begin with).

Anyways, I regress. I believe the club should have acquired Stazz some top line quality depth, so we HAVE just that, a proper NHL contesting top line. What we have now "in my opinion", is three rather good second lines (and I'm being kind).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375

Bender 11-20-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt1 (Post 55901377)
Mcginn came in playing on fire no doubts, and I actually had reservations about him when that trade went down. My concern I guess there, is that I've seen so many players come into our club, shoot the lights out, then, for whatever reason flounder later. Mcginn got 7 goals in his first 8 games, the got 1 goal in his last 9.

This has also happened with various other players (again for various reasons), and they have been (in the recent years) Mueller, Downie, Anderson, Elliott to name but a few examples.

Jones is very streaky - especially after his last long term injury. He doesn't enjoy that explosive speed he used to have (I recall a goal he got from a turnover in the opposition end, ripped down the ice, and let a rocket off) - he too, only got 3 goals in his last 10. For 4 million bucks, I want more than that. He's sharing the same salary as John Tavares, Ryan Callahan, and Joe Pavelski this season (if played), so I expect a lot - a real lot - he supposed to be one of our marquee players now - no 37 point garbage. In fact, anything under 50 points, is a failure for mine.

Someone on here did an outstanding post (maybe Lonewolf???) on Stazz, and his synergies with variant wingers, and it made a heck of a lot of sense. I'll try and find it and link it later.

I kind of feel for him. I kind of feel for his Dad, who was extremely upset when Stewart was traded away. I don't think our club gives Stastny the best tools and weapons, to grow into the player he can be. Honestly, after his 3rd year of playing three straight awesome productive years, all I have seen, is regression, and why not? Wingers like Stoa, Tucker, Lindstrom, Kobasew, Wolski (some of which I really had high hopes for in Stoa / Wolski) didn't give Stazz much to go on.

Nah mate, I reckon the club should have done better by Stazz. Maybe he'll get Parenteau? I also worry very much about placing Parenteau on a line with two players (Hejduk / Duchene) who are required to have bounce back years for whatever reason. That could really end in tears. It's not like Duchene / Hejduk are Tavares / Moulson now, and Johnson is Streit. Parenteau will have to lift a few gears imo, and carry somewhat some of our players (to begin with).

Anyways, I regress. I believe the club should have acquired Stazz some top line quality depth, so we HAVE just that, a proper NHL contesting top line. What we have now "in my opinion", is three rather good second lines (and I'm being kind).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375

Well 3 goals in 10 games is like 27 goals per season production pace, so that's not that bad considering how scoring is down league wide.

I really don't see Staz and Parenteau being paired up seeing as both are playmakers. I think McGinn and Jones are perfect guys for Staz and he'll have a big year this season, if it ever starts. About McGinn, don't forget he was hurt for a while down the stretch (his back I think) and while he still played, wasn't as effective as when he first started with the team. The style of game he plays, not afraid to get into the dirty areas, in front of the net, compliments Stastny incredibly well. (Same as Landeskog, in the few rare times that we saw Lando on the ice with Staz) Stastny has the ability to get wingers the puck, on the blade of their sticks, in-tight in front of the net for a great scoring chance. He's got a real knack for that and it's one of his more impressive abilities. Of course, if his wingers don't get into those areas, it really limits his effectiveness.

Parenteau has deceptive passing abilities especially off the rush and that's why I think he'll be an amazing fit with Duchene. Much like Fleischmann, while not the greatest skater, he's able to find the other guy at top speed and that's what Duchene was sorely lacking last season.

Man....can this season START already?! :cry:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,2,898&lang=en

Goal #4!

Frenchy 11-20-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt1 (Post 55901377)
Mcginn came in playing on fire no doubts, and I actually had reservations about him when that trade went down. My concern I guess there, is that I've seen so many players come into our club, shoot the lights out, then, for whatever reason flounder later. Mcginn got 7 goals in his first 8 games, the got 1 goal in his last 9.

This has also happened with various other players (again for various reasons), and they have been (in the recent years) Mueller, Downie, Anderson, Elliott to name but a few examples.

Jones is very streaky - especially after his last long term injury. He doesn't enjoy that explosive speed he used to have (I recall a goal he got from a turnover in the opposition end, ripped down the ice, and let a rocket off) - he too, only got 3 goals in his last 10. For 4 million bucks, I want more than that. He's sharing the same salary as John Tavares, Ryan Callahan, and Joe Pavelski this season (if played), so I expect a lot - a real lot - he supposed to be one of our marquee players now - no 37 point garbage. In fact, anything under 50 points, is a failure for mine.

Someone on here did an outstanding post (maybe Lonewolf???) on Stazz, and his synergies with variant wingers, and it made a heck of a lot of sense. I'll try and find it and link it later.

I kind of feel for him. I kind of feel for his Dad, who was extremely upset when Stewart was traded away. I don't think our club gives Stastny the best tools and weapons, to grow into the player he can be. Honestly, after his 3rd year of playing three straight awesome productive years, all I have seen, is regression, and why not? Wingers like Stoa, Tucker, Lindstrom, Kobasew, Wolski (some of which I really had high hopes for in Stoa / Wolski) didn't give Stazz much to go on.

Nah mate, I reckon the club should have done better by Stazz. Maybe he'll get Parenteau? I also worry very much about placing Parenteau on a line with two players (Hejduk / Duchene) who are required to have bounce back years for whatever reason. That could really end in tears. It's not like Duchene / Hejduk are Tavares / Moulson now, and Johnson is Streit. Parenteau will have to lift a few gears imo, and carry somewhat some of our players (to begin with).

Anyways, I regress. I believe the club should have acquired Stazz some top line quality depth, so we HAVE just that, a proper NHL contesting top line. What we have now "in my opinion", is three rather good second lines (and I'm being kind).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375

I also think that McGinn and Jones are good complement for Stastny, at least for now . Like Bender said McGinn was able to put good numbers last year and correct me if i'm wrong, but he wasnt playing on the top line in SJ and still if you combine his stast for both teams , he was able to score 20 goals.

As for Jones , well you're right , he doesnt have the speed that he once had , he had a major knee surgery a few seasons ago and that took some of his speed away . I really hope that the lockout will be benefic for him and his knee , that he'll regain the speed that he lost .

So on paper, those 3 stays togetter. First because it's working for them on the same line and more important, they shouldnt breakup the Downie , Radar , Lando line.

As for Parenteau, well that poor Duchene deserve a good player to play with , well he played with Statsny once , but we all know that the LW experiment dont work .

CoachBadkitten 11-20-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 55903681)

Parenteau has deceptive passing abilities especially off the rush and that's why I think he'll be an amazing fit with Duchene. Much like Fleischmann, while not the greatest skater, he's able to find the other guy at top speed and that's what Duchene was sorely lacking last season.

Man....can this season START already?! :cry:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...,2,898&lang=en

Goal #4!

:cry: I miss him. Watching him and Duchene play was amazing. Really a shame we let him go. Was just watching highlights of them together on YouTube and they were so good with eachother.

boz 11-24-2012 05:21 PM

Staz with a goal and assist yesterday. Faced former Avs prospect Mercier interestingly enough..

Highlights- http://www.del.org/de/videos/page/217--217--.html

Mouse21* 11-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt1 (Post 55862693)
Love Stazz. I personally believe is he one of the best two way players today in the game. By far my favorite player since Joe Sakic, and Patrick Roy before him. I really hope he ends up playing his whole career in an Avs sweater. I also hope he gets some marquee quality wingers at some point. I hate seeing him with 37 point toilers.

ive personally never liked him much. as soon as games get important he disappears.

Lonewolfe2015 11-26-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse21 (Post 56044895)
ive personally never liked him much. as soon as games get important he disappears.

I really don't see him disappearing anymore than he normally is seen during games. Stastny isn't a big-game player, granted. But he doesn't seem to be any better or worse than any other average game over the course of a season to me.

That's what makes Stastny great imo, that consistency of solid effort, faceoff quality, back checking and amazing vision. He always goes to the net for the dirty goal to boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten (Post 55920947)
:cry: I miss him. Watching him and Duchene play was amazing. Really a shame we let him go. Was just watching highlights of them together on YouTube and they were so good with eachother.

Indifferent to seeing Flesichmann go myself. Didn't he have an absurd % of points in the 3rd with us? Always felt like he never played until the game was almost over. But I do agree Duchene played better with him, a guy that has speed + playmaking hands on the wing is what Duchene needs to be more effective and unfortunately I don't think Parenteau has the speed portion to be the solution for Duchy.

Drizzt1 11-27-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 56046037)
I really don't see him disappearing anymore than he normally is seen during games. Stastny isn't a big-game player, granted. But he doesn't seem to be any better or worse than any other average game over the course of a season to me.

That's what makes Stastny great imo, that consistency of solid effort, faceoff quality, back checking and amazing vision. He always goes to the net for the dirty goal to boot.



Indifferent to seeing Flesichmann go myself. Didn't he have an absurd % of points in the 3rd with us? Always felt like he never played until the game was almost over. But I do agree Duchene played better with him, a guy that has speed + playmaking hands on the wing is what Duchene needs to be more effective and unfortunately I don't think Parenteau has the speed portion to be the solution for Duchy.

Nor does Hejduk, especially considering he really really needs a rebound year...as does Duchene as well I guess.

Bender 11-27-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 56046037)
Indifferent to seeing Flesichmann go myself. Didn't he have an absurd % of points in the 3rd with us? Always felt like he never played until the game was almost over. But I do agree Duchene played better with him, a guy that has speed + playmaking hands on the wing is what Duchene needs to be more effective and unfortunately I don't think Parenteau has the speed portion to be the solution for Duchy.

I don't think Flash was necessarily that fast, despite the nickname lol, although I will agree that he is faster than Parenteau. What both guys do have, is the ability to hit the guy going at full speed with an accurate pass. I think that will make a big difference.

Lonewolfe2015 11-27-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 56064453)
I don't think Flash was necessarily that fast, despite the nickname lol, although I will agree that he is faster than Parenteau. What both guys do have, is the ability to hit the guy going at full speed with an accurate pass. I think that will make a big difference.

It might seem odd, but I always kind of figured Hemsky might be a good linemate for Duchene. He does fit the often injured quota of the job afterall.

Zandar 11-27-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 56064453)
I don't think Flash was necessarily that fast, despite the nickname lol, although I will agree that he is faster than Parenteau. What both guys do have, is the ability to hit the guy going at full speed with an accurate pass. I think that will make a big difference.

You are correct. Flash is not a speedster nor considered "fast". He is very elusive and would be in the right spot at the right time or as you mentioned find the other player in the right spot. When he found openings, he cashed in. Flash has benefited greatly from playing in the more open East not too mention the worst of the Divisions. Add in the fact he saw lots of ice time (a Florida specialty) and you have a recipe for success for Flash.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.