HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Prospect Info: Hawks Players of the Week! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283075)

xX Hot Fuss 11-14-2012 10:37 AM

Hawks Players of the Week!

Beach got AHL player of the week. McNeil just got WHL player of the Week, and our goalie Prospect Carruth was a runner up! I know Saad won OHL player of the week last year as well.

Point being, the Hawks prospects are looking good!

coldsteelonice84 11-14-2012 10:42 AM

That's good, most impressive is Beach. I really hope he scores 30 goals this year, then just give him a spot for the season with the Hawks and see what he can do, take over for Mayers' roster spot.

xX Hot Fuss 11-14-2012 10:49 AM

If Beach can put up 30 in the AHL i see no reason for him not to be in our top 6.

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Beach-Kane-Hossa

Lest we forget that that 2nd line LW spot was usually filled by one of Brunette, Carcillo, or Stalberg so...Why not Beach? If he keeps playing like he is in the AHL and living up to his potential then he probably deserves a spot.

ChiGuySez 11-14-2012 10:51 AM

Good for McNeil and Beach. These are the 2 top RH forward prospects. Im not considering Shaw a prospect anymore.

Beyond these 2, the Hawks are thin at RH forward prospects... Calnan and Hinostroza.

MurrayBannerman 11-14-2012 12:52 PM

Good to see this progress from Beach

BBSeabs27 11-14-2012 12:57 PM

Don't think Beach has the potential to be a 2nd line winger. He's still very immature and is going to need to work on his discipline if he ever even wants to crack the top 6. With that being said at most he'll become a good, solid 3rd liner. Saad has shown more the last few games, so watch out for Saad in the next couple of games. If you're looking for a 2 LW, Brandon is the guy for the job.

Sarava 11-14-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 55761183)
If Beach can put up 30 in the AHL i see no reason for him not to be in our top 6.

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Beach-Kane-Hossa

Lest we forget that that 2nd line LW spot was usually filled by one of Brunette, Carcillo, or Stalberg so...Why not Beach? If he keeps playing like he is in the AHL and living up to his potential then he probably deserves a spot.

Easy now. I'm not against him getting on the roster, but he needs to earn top 6 minutes at the NHL level.

ChiGuySez 11-14-2012 05:41 PM

Most of the slots are blocked by existing contracts. Beach will also be an RFA next year. It will be interesting to see what happens with that. The way I see it is Beach would replace someone like Bickell. Cant see having both since both are similar. Bickell obviously has the experience but had a down year and is inconsistent. Trading Bickell would be optimal even with his salary but his value is low.

Bubba88 11-15-2012 12:46 AM

I will start a fire Bowman campaign if he doesn't bring back Beach :laugh:

xX Hot Fuss 12-12-2012 03:05 PM

Add Danault to the list! QMJHL SOTW

Hawkaholic 01-14-2013 12:15 PM

Garret Ross was named OHL player of the week with 7pts in 3 games.

Brandon Saad was named player of the week in the AHL with 6pts in 3 games and 2 GWG.