HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Brander (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12831)

sandro98 09-20-2003 09:57 AM

Brander

Hi!
I have a question. How is Christoph Brandner looking so far? Will he make the team out of camp?

Thanks in advance!
Bye
Sandro

Dan-o 09-20-2003 12:22 PM

Nobody really knows because our camps are closed to the public. I don't think he did much in his first exhibition game though. The Wild seem to like him. Risebrough has made a couple of comments about how our new Euros (Hannula and Brandner) have shots for the roster. I get the impression from comments made by Brander, though, that he is expecting to start the season in the AHL because he's not happy with his passing. Time will tell. He's got the size we need. And with Gaborik and Dupuis unsigned, we're going to need people that can score.

DW 09-20-2003 12:52 PM

Well, I thought that Lemaire was talking good things about him. I can't remember if it was on the radio or in one of the articles about the preseason.

Dan-o 09-21-2003 06:12 PM

Brandner got 2 goals in today's 9-1 victory over the Rangers. That certainly can't hurt his chances. But the Wild are also attempting to sign Brent Burns, their 1st round pick, and a player who seems to play a lot like Brandner. That certainly will hurt his chances of making the opening-day roster. I doubt we're gonna cut too many vets from last year's roster.

GaborikRules10!!! 09-22-2003 12:55 PM

Brander looked very good getting the 2 goals. Hes got great size which the Wild despretley need, but with the Wild trying to sign Burns, his chances of making the team go down.

aylib 09-23-2003 06:16 PM

I'd say he makes it.

Dan-o 09-24-2003 05:29 AM

I thought he looked great in Tuesday's game. Always moving and making things happen. Almost invariably, when he was on the ice, the Wild got a scoring opportunity. Doesn't hit the ice much either. Keeps his feet.

I was impressed.

ceber 09-24-2003 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-o
I thought he looked great in Tuesday's game. Always moving and making things happen. Almost invariably, when he was on the ice, the Wild got a scoring opportunity. Doesn't hit the ice much either. Keeps his feet.

I was impressed.

I think he looks good. I think he, at times, looks like he still has some adjusting to do to get into the NHL style of play. Even if he doesn't improve I think he's got a good shot. If he does improve, I'd be tempted to say he's a sure-thing.

DW 09-24-2003 07:29 AM

I think he gets sent down but he will be the first forward callup imo. He looked good in last nights game. I just think there won't be any room for him right now.

Did they ever change the Kuba goal to Brandner? Because it sure looked like it bounced off of Brandner into the back of the net.

ceber 09-24-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
I think he gets sent down but he will be the first forward callup imo. He looked good in last nights game. I just think there won't be any room for him right now.

Did they ever change the Kuba goal to Brandner? Because it sure looked like it bounced off of Brandner into the back of the net.

The post-game quotes at www.wild.com had Kuba quoted as saying it did go off Brandner, and Kuba asked to have the goal changed after the game. Not sure if it was.. I believe on some box scores it was switched.

vitogor 09-24-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
The post-game quotes at www.wild.com had Kuba quoted as saying it did go off Brandner, and Kuba asked to have the goal changed after the game. Not sure if it was.. I believe on some box scores it was switched.

Very classy of Kuba :handclap: