HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So What Would You Do? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283135)

ManByng 11-14-2012 01:34 PM

So What Would You Do?
 
just for fun if it was the Oilers turn to pick and Curtis Lazar and Ryan Pulock are both still there and are the next best players available.....potential top center or potential top d-man....who would you pick? :naughty:

oilersfan11 11-14-2012 01:50 PM

I would pick Rasmus Ristolainen.

I am the Liquor 11-14-2012 01:54 PM

If only we should be so lucky.

I would pick Lazar, because our center depth in the organization sucks more than our defenseman depth.

Pulock would be a great addition though.

He has that elite shot from the point for the pp.

He will be a valued commodity come draft day.

Lacaar 11-14-2012 02:32 PM

I dunno flip a coin.

I think Poluck has more potential and Lazar is more of a sure thing.

Poluck could turn into a Shea Weber type #1 d-man, or a #6 Powerplay specialist?

Lazar seems to have second line center written all over him.

Edmonton could use a second line center like Lazar.. good defensively, gritty, with good but not elite offense. That guy that doesn't get all the numbers but seems like he's always on the ice because when he is.. he's noticed.

Just my guesses.

rockinghockey 11-14-2012 02:56 PM

I would take Lazar as we really need that type of 2C and have Schultz already with the shot on defense.

DousedInOil 11-14-2012 04:31 PM

Pulock for me. He's outscoring Lazar as a defenceman. He's on pace to score 30 goals as a defenceman.

The Nuge 11-14-2012 04:36 PM

I'd go for Pulock. I feel like he'd get eaten alive in Edmonton though because as good as he is, he's really not physical

topchowda 11-14-2012 04:42 PM

On draft day look at our defenseman prospects and see how theyve progressed. If Klefbom/Musil living up to the hype then pick Lazar. If some defense prospects look to be busts then Pulock

Moneypuck 11-14-2012 04:44 PM

Call the guys over at Mammoet, they'll move heaven and earth so you can land both those kids. Anything outside of the fab 5 are up for grabs as far as i'm concerned.

Does Anthopolis from the Jays know anything about hockey? We need a guy like him......he doesn't just dream about it, he goes out and gets it done.

kitchen44 11-14-2012 04:55 PM

Pulock, he will be the better player imo. An elite defense can make a forward corps look better than it is.

nexttothemoon 11-14-2012 10:10 PM

Well I will assume this is with the Oilers second 1st round pick because we all know they are going to 4-peat and pick up MacKinnon with their 1st overall.

Soooooo... I don't usually pick positionally but with MacKinnon in the bag, you have to go with the best dman at that point and pick up Pulock.

With MacKinnon and Pulock added to the stable... the Oil should be contenders for many, many years to come... provided all the big shots on both sides ever decide to start the NHL up again someday in our lifetimes.

Grod 11-15-2012 12:19 AM

I'd be happier combining it into one top selection. Curious where you believe they will select these two top round selections at?w

Grod 11-15-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexttothemoon (Post 55776585)
Well I will assume this is with the Oilers second 1st round pick because we all know they are going to 4-peat and pick up MacKinnon with their 1st overall.

Soooooo... I don't usually pick positionally but with MacKinnon in the bag, you have to go with the best dman at that point and pick up Pulock.

With MacKinnon and Pulock added to the stable... the Oil should be contenders for many, many years to come... provided all the big shots on both sides ever decide to start the NHL up again someday in our lifetimes.

Look for Morrissey. I can't believe how much he is being overlooked at this stage.

Up the Irons 11-15-2012 12:34 AM

i'd probably go with Lazar because Pulock is too many years, developmentally, behind the core of the team. unless you take Pulock as a valuable asset to trade for immediate need, but I can't wait the 5 years it will take him to get up to par.

Lazar, OTOH, could be useful in 2 or 3 years.

The Nuge 11-15-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustE (Post 55779461)
i'd probably go with Lazar because Pulock is too many years, developmentally, behind the core of the team. unless you take Pulock as a valuable asset to trade for immediate need, but I can't wait the 5 years it will take him to get up to par.

Lazar, OTOH, could be useful in 2 or 3 years.

I disagree. Pulock looks a lot more ready to me than Lazar

Grod 11-15-2012 12:47 AM

Yeah but guys, where are we selecting?

The Nuge 11-15-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grod (Post 55779631)
Yeah but guys, where are we selecting?

Probably around 10 if the season isn't cancelled imo. That leaves us right around where Pulock and Lazar will likely go

BarDownBobo 11-15-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 55765381)
I would pick Rasmus Ristolainen.

I like how you think. Risto is a big, physical defenseman who also has a shot. Heard he tries to play a Pronger style game. Plus already having two years pro experience he could probably come in as an 18 or 19 year old and be effective.

He's who I'm personally hoping we can land.

molsonoilers 11-15-2012 02:26 AM

I'm picking Pulock easily. He is the better of the two. Always take BPA, especially in a deep draft.

nexttothemoon 11-15-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grod (Post 55779631)
Yeah but guys, where are we selecting?

Who the hell really knows? Anywhere from 1-30 at this stage is anyone's best guess and maybe if the lockout lasts long enough they'll have 2 drafts one after the other or do a 2013/2014 draft all rolled up together. Would certainly make it one of the deepest drafts ever if that were to end up actually happening.


Who knows? By then there may actually be only 28 teams in the NHL as well.

Grod 11-15-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarDownBobo (Post 55780141)
I like how you think. Risto is a big, physical defenseman who also has a shot. Heard he tries to play a Pronger style game. Plus already having two years pro experience he could probably come in as an 18 or 19 year old and be effective.

He's who I'm personally hoping we can land.

I can't wait to watch him at the juniors. Kid is a serious prospect. Cool and fierce with a focused mind and a composed body. Good mobility as well. Reminds me of Klefa.

ManByng 11-15-2012 08:05 AM

i guess i was thinking we would be drafting around 9 or 10 in that area, and if you go by a few mock drafts, guys like MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Ristolainen, Drouin, and Monahan would presumably be gone already and guys like Lazar and Pulock would probably be next to be chosen. that's why i asked which of the two would YOU take?

worraps 11-15-2012 08:10 AM

I'd take Lazar.

Lacaar 11-15-2012 11:06 AM

Just watching Lazar last night I know he'd be one of those players you just love to have on your team. He probably won't put up any better numbers than Gagner but the way he plays the game just makes me like him.

I know it's cliche but he seems the guy that would do whatever it takes to win.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.