HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm-Chi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283181)

topchowda 11-14-2012 04:38 PM

Edm-Chi

To Edm:

Philip Danault

To Chi:

Martin Marincin

Why do this

Edm: Edmonton has pretty good depth for D prospects and with the upcoming draft (if theres a season) they will probaly pick high and get another good d prospect.
Edmonton needs a talented center prospect with 2nd line center upside.

Chi: Chicago has talented center prospects but lacks quality defense prospects. Marincin is a big offesnive defenseman with high upside

Danault has seen his value rise from prior tournaments. So heres some info on Marincin:

HF rates him as a 7.5 and and their evaluation is: " he projects as a fluid, smooth skating top four defenseman whose offense is his calling card."

Hes 6'5 196 who put up 56 points in 67 WHL games, playing top pairing minutes in OKC while playing at a .45ppg

BoldNewLettuce 11-14-2012 04:44 PM

I wouldnt do Marincin. They need him in OKC at the moment. Gernat...yes.

Hawkaholic 11-14-2012 04:44 PM

No chance.

Booyakasha 11-14-2012 04:47 PM

I think Oiler brass are high on Marincin...don't see this interesting either teams.
this is a hollow proposal really, with no substance to entice either team.

Petro Points 11-14-2012 04:50 PM

EDM passes.
Our defensive depth is really not that great. Marincin is already playing big minutes ahead of Teubert, Plante and Fedun. Gernat and Klefbom have missed a lot of time due to injuries and are a lot further away from suiting up for the Oil.

Danault is not the answer in EDM.. we need a C with size.

Hawkaholic 11-14-2012 07:25 PM

Chicago also doesn't lack defensive prospects.

Adam Clendening
Stephan Johns
Dylan Olsen
Joe Lavin
Ryan Stanton
Klas Dahlbeck
Shawn Lalonde

WeridAl 11-14-2012 10:04 PM

Looks like a low ball offer, Oilers pass.

Bubba88 11-15-2012 12:50 AM

no thanks...

lakai17 11-15-2012 01:39 AM

Gernat-Marincin pairing would be nice.

DKQ 11-15-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 55772721)

Adam Clendening
Stephan Johns
Dylan Olsen
Joe Lavin
Ryan Stanton
Klas Dahlbeck
Shawn Lalonde

No offense, but if Adam Clendening is your best D prospect that's a pretty weak pool

The Zetterberg Era 11-15-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 55780359)
No offense, but if Adam Clendening is your best D prospect that's a pretty weak pool

I guess you could say that but they also have some semblance of actual D going in the NHL. So they don't need a bunch and what they have isn't really all that terrible. I don't think Chicago gets anywhere near this deal and it is bad enough in my opinion that I will give it my typical I hope they do consider this as a Detroit fan answer.

The Nuge 11-15-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 55772721)

Adam Clendening
Stephan Johns
Dylan Olsen
Joe Lavin
Ryan Stanton
Klas Dahlbeck
Shawn Lalonde

It's one thing to have prospects, and a whole nother thing to have some with upside. That's a pretty sad looking list.

For the record, Edmonton wouldn't do this

CSimpson18 11-15-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 55780643)
I guess you could say that but they also have some semblance of actual D going in the NHL. So they don't need a bunch and what they have isn't really all that terrible. I don't think Chicago gets anywhere near this deal and it is bad enough in my opinion that I will give it my typical I hope they do consider this as a Detroit fan answer.

Marincin has higher upside. Heck, he even outscored Danault in their draft years as a defenseman! Also, he's 6'5".

Danault has pretty mediocre stats in the QMJHL and doesn't really have the size you'd want in a 2nd/3rd line center who doesn't score much.

Marincin's value > Danault's. Just my opinion. Your last line makes it seem like you don't know the prospects in question.

The Zetterberg Era 11-15-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 55780747)
Marincin has higher upside. Heck, he even outscored Danault in their draft years as a defenseman! Also, he's 6'5".

Danault has pretty mediocre stats in the QMJHL and doesn't really have the size you'd want in a 2nd/3rd line center who doesn't score much.

Marincin's value > Danault's. Just my opinion. Your last line makes it seem like you don't know the prospects in question.

He did not outscore Danult in their draft year 67 points to 57 points.

Danault is 6'0" and could easily play at 200lbs, he is already 190lbs. He has been over a point a game for three straight seasons now all while being a captain. Guy plays the game hard every night and was one of Canada's best forwards in the Summer super series against Russia. He also won the best defensive forward in the Q and has a very strong two way game.

Marincin is a good player but he is an offensive player. Do I really think he puts Leddy in danger in that role? Chicago is pretty set in the top 4, not exactly old. They have a big D-man in Olsen that is plenty good and more stay at home which matches better with Leddy long haul. Stephen Johns is also a massive kid with good potential. They have been searching for more guys to work out down the middle. Maybe Kruger or Pirri steps up for that. Maybe Danault pans out there. If I am Chicago I am more interested in Danault.

To say nothing of I know both prospects and that I do infact like Danault quite a bit more. I like the game he plays and I like his leadership makeup.

The Zetterberg Era 11-15-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 55780743)
It's one thing to have prospects, and a whole nother thing to have some with upside. That's a pretty sad looking list.

Clendening, Johns, and Olsen all have upside. It is also amazing when you don't need four or five of your prospects to pan out in order to actually have defense, how much easier it is to hope just a couple hit and the failure of some becomes a much smaller problem. That awesome list of Oilers d-man prospects needs to hit, because when a couple don't hit that potential (most won't), it becomes a much bigger problem.

Security Guard Chang* 11-15-2012 04:03 AM

horrible for both sides

oilwings 11-15-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 55780169)
Gernat-Marincin pairing would be nice.

That's possibly our future Twin Towers on defense, maybe a 2nd pairing dmen. J. Schultz/Klefbom being the top unit. Musil/Davidson/Blain rounding out the dcore.

We need lots of centres and its not even funny.

Hawkaholic 11-15-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 55780743)

Marcinin isn't much better than Clendening, Johns, or Olsen at this point.

Also, we don't need top pairing defensive prospects, all those guys mentioned have a legit shot at making the NHL as a bottom pairing Dman.

We already have Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Leddy. We don't need blue chip defensive prospects, which Marcinin isn't that anyway.

coldsteelonice84 11-15-2012 11:12 AM

Danault is untouchable, simple as that. You don't trade guys like that. Imagine him on a line with Toews and Hossa? Domination all over the ice.

Blackhawkswincup 11-15-2012 01:07 PM

Horrid deal for Hawks

Philip Danault is the exact type of prospect this team needs to develop for big club going forward

Petro Points 11-15-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 55785289)
Danault is untouchable, simple as that. You don't trade guys like that. Imagine him on a line with Toews and Hossa? Domination all over the ice.

keep him... trade us McNeill

CSimpson18 11-15-2012 01:44 PM

And Edmonton fans get blasted for overrating their prospects...

monkeywrench 11-15-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 55783093)
Marcinin isn't much better than Clendening, Johns, or Olsen at this point.

Also, we don't need top pairing defensive prospects, all those guys mentioned have a legit shot at making the NHL as a bottom pairing Dman.

We already have Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Leddy. We don't need blue chip defensive prospects, which Marcinin isn't that anyway.

I am an Oilers fan and I think Olsen is better than Marincin, but as the other two I would think their is a gap between the other two and Marincin but that is just my opinion on the limited times i saw the other two

rockinghockey 11-15-2012 09:42 PM

The only prospect I want is MacNeil otherwise no thank you, he would be the perfect 2C in EDM.

The Zetterberg Era 11-15-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 55798885)
The only prospect I want is MacNeil otherwise no thank you, he would be the perfect 2C in EDM.

You might want to learn his name if you truly want him, Mark McNeill.