HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Markstrom + Mueller + Skille for top line winger (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283283)

Puckgenius* 11-14-2012 09:16 PM

Markstrom + Mueller + Skille for top line winger

What you you offer? FLA could use some top line talent and Weiss most likely wont lose his #1 centre spot but getting a top line winger would upgrade their offense considerably

Vankiller Whale 11-14-2012 09:18 PM

If they trade Markstrom they'll have no leverage in a Luongo trade.:sarcasm:

Seriously though, i doubt they'd trade him.

Ricky Bobby 11-14-2012 10:08 PM

Mueller and Skille have very little to no trade value.

Your team really needs to hold onto Markstrom unless a goalie (like Luongo) arrives in town.

Exit Dose 11-14-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby (Post 55776545)
Mueller and Skille have very little to no trade value.

Your team really needs to hold onto Markstrom unless a goalie (like Luongo) arrives in town.

It's not his team, and that's part of the problem.

Laus723 11-15-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 55776791)
It's not his team, and that's part of the problem.

This.

Guy puts Markstrom in as the biggest piece, adds two throw in guys, and asks for a top line winger? Not happening. If were a possibility, I'd laughingly say by all means, then get Louie. But it's not. Just another 'puck 'genious'' trade idea.

Caniac125330 11-15-2012 06:03 AM

If youre gonna trade markstrom, you'll need Luongo. If youre willing to give up a future elite goalie in a package for a top line winger, I'd talk to Toronto or Chicago. Youd likely need to add if you want a guy like kessel or sharp.

Hivemind 11-15-2012 07:56 AM

Ales Hemsky :sarcasm:

The Podium 11-15-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac125330 (Post 55781301)
If youre gonna trade markstrom, you'll need Luongo. If youre willing to give up a future elite goalie in a package for a top line winger, I'd talk to Toronto or Chicago. Youd likely need to add if you want a guy like kessel or sharp.

Huberdeau better be coming with him if Kessels going to Florida:help:

Hawkaholic 11-15-2012 09:14 AM

Skille definitely pushes the deal from the return being a 2nd line W, to a 1st line all star C.

sully1410 11-15-2012 09:18 AM

Yea...that's definitely not enough. Any team looking to trade a top line winger is going to need one if huberdeau/Bjugstad + howden and Markstrom.

HockeyGuruPitka 11-15-2012 12:08 PM

I give you 1 year of lupul... lol :sarcasm:

Zippy316 11-15-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 55783163)
Yea...that's definitely not enough. Any team looking to trade a top line winger is going to need one if huberdeau/Bjugstad + howden and Markstrom.

It's more likely to be something along the lines of:

Youngish (25-28) second line forward/second pairing D+
Young player with upside on the cusp of being an NHL regular or a recently established one (Matthias, Ellerby)
Plus a prospect of second line/second pairing potential (although the prospect depends on the value of the two other pieces)
A first round pick.

Something along the lines of Upshall/Kopecky/Bergenheim+Matthias/Ellerby+Howden/Petrovic+1st.

Then again, it all really depends on the need of the team trading the top six winger. If they are trying to remain competitive, your deal appeals more than a quantity over qualities. The deal I proposed allows a team to fill out the weak spots in their team or prospect pool.

Inverted 11-15-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac125330 (Post 55781301)

Markstrom may have the potential but hasn't proven much to warrant a return like Kessel whos a proven skilled winger who has scored 30 or more goals consistently for the past 4 seasons. And Leafs already have players like Skille and Mueller. Besides Kessel costed the Leafs two first round picks and and a 2nd.