HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Griffin Reinhart vs. Hampus Lindholm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283377)

AngelDuck 11-15-2012 01:25 AM

Griffin Reinhart vs. Hampus Lindholm

I really don't know much about Reinhart other then the fact he was taken ahead of Hampus.

If you could do the draft over now, who do you take?

Generic User 11-15-2012 01:30 AM

Pretty early for this. Reinhart has good bloodlines and Lindholm can ride a bike for a long time without getting winded. Too close to call IMO.

Exit Dose 11-15-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 55780087)
I really don't know much about Reinhart other then the fact he was taken ahead of Hampus.

If you could do the draft over now, who do you take?

It's a bit early for this.

KEEROLE Vatanen 11-15-2012 01:50 AM

I love what Hampus has shown so far, I want to see Reinhart in what should be a very competitive WJC's, since Hampus has been playing against men..

I am the Liquor 11-15-2012 01:51 AM

Might want to wait until people have actually seen both players play.

AJMHABS 11-15-2012 02:30 AM

I voted too close to call.

Reinhardt has been solid for the Oil Kings, ad Lidholm has been playing against men in Norfolk, and hasn't looked out of place.

Tough decision :dunno:

The Nuge 11-15-2012 02:34 AM

Gotta go with Griffin until both have proven more

Exit Dose 11-15-2012 02:44 AM

I went with Lindholm. I think he has the higher hockey IQ. The size difference is just an inch. Reinhart is no where near him with respect to skating(4:15).

NH57 11-15-2012 06:45 AM

It's only months after the draft. Neither have proven anything yet. I went with Reinhart solely because he was taken higher. I won't be able to make an educated decision until both have played in the NHL and we see who is better.

tony d 11-15-2012 07:35 AM

Griffin Reinhart. Both should be good players though.

The Podium 11-15-2012 08:21 AM

I have a limiting viewing of each (only 1 for Lindholm), and feel this is wayyyyy to premature, but i havent been all that impressed by Reinhart. If i had to choose id pick Lindholm as he was outstanding in the only game ive watched and it seems like thats regular, based on what Duck fans say.

re5piration 11-15-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 55780653)
I went with Lindholm. I think he has the higher hockey IQ. The size difference is just an inch. Reinhart is no where near him with respect to skating(4:15).

This Lindholm guy has wheels.

Fearless Leaf* 11-15-2012 10:12 AM

Reinhart with ease. Lindholm is good as well but I would take Murray, Reinhart, Rielly, Dumba, and Trouba ahead of him.

SarcazemKadri 11-15-2012 10:43 AM

I take Reinhart, but its close. Lindholm in my opinion is more safe, and I believe his experience in the AHL against tougher competition will allow him to make the jump to the NHL sooner. Reinhart is oozes potential.

Bushwick Bill 11-15-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic User (Post 55780119)
Pretty early for this. Reinhart has good bloodlines and Lindholm can ride a bike for a long time without getting winded. Too close to call IMO.

I like this assessment

zetterberg40 11-15-2012 11:16 AM

Lindholm. Kid has star potential. Sky is the limit. I just got a feeling Reinhart will be good but the Isles will ruin him somehow like they always seem to do with youngsters.

NEWFowler 11-15-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf (Post 55784061)
Reinhart with ease. Lindholm is good as well but I would take Murray, Reinhart, Rielly, Dumba, and Trouba ahead of him.

Not sure how you can make that assessment at this point in time. None of the top 10 picked d-men are that far apart that you can pick one "with ease".

monkeywrench 11-15-2012 02:15 PM

Lindholm for me. Since april I have been convinced he will be the best dman from the draft I would of easily have tooken him 2nd overall. Can anyone answer if Anahiem will let him go play in the wjrs?

Lord Flashheart 11-15-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeywrench (Post 55789493)
Lindholm for me. Since april I have been convinced he will be the best dman from the draft I would of easily have tooken him 2nd overall. Can anyone answer if Anahiem will let him go play in the wjrs?

Very likely they will I think.

StrongIslanders90 11-15-2012 04:40 PM

Way too early....As an Isles fan I was happy with the Bif Griff pick and am still pleased thus far.

But I will say I did hear a few scouts say they think Hampus has all star game breking potential..

in 4-6 years it should be fun to revisit this

Sojourn 11-15-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulie (Post 55782673)
This Lindholm guy has wheels.

He does indeed. When Boudreau saw him during the prospect camp he said his skating was Fowler-esque. I'd say he's not quite at Fowler's level, but he can really skate. I think he's someone that not a lot of people know much about, but when you see him play, you can see he lacks for nothing. I would definitely say that Lindholm is up there when the best D prospects in the 2012 draft. He just oozes talent, and he thinks the game at an incredibly high level.

Sojourn 11-15-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't. He should play a big role on the Swedish team, and that's the kind of experience you want a young player to have.

Sojourn 11-15-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf (Post 55784061)

Based on what?

JVReemer 11-15-2012 05:32 PM

I went with Reinhart based on pure potential.

I was pretty shocked at the Ducks picking Lindholm at 6th, and not Forsberg/Dumba. But at this point I'd take Lindholm over either of those guys, he is really impressing. Where he was picked is a great indicator of his talent level.

I feel like Reinhart is a bit lumbering right now, and could improve in a few areas of his game (mobility & puck control). However, if he puts it all together... watch out. He has that big frame, and is awesome defensively, if he adds muscle and works on his deficiencies he will be a STUD!

Force951 11-15-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Palmieri was in the AHL and went to the World Juniors, so i don't expect that to change with Lindholm.