HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OT: Parking around SAIT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283519)

Oilercreeper 11-15-2012 03:18 PM

OT: Parking around SAIT

Does anyone know if there is any Free parking around SAIT campus? I am taking a night class there and was wondering if there is any way to avoid paying for parking. I have no problem paying, but if I can save a few bucks then that would be awesome.

DBU 11-15-2012 03:29 PM

I don't know if there is any free parking - in the residential areas around SAIT, I believe you need a parking pass to not get a ticket. You could park at the Jubilee, it's $9 for the day (the price doesn't change if you're only there for a few hours). Parking at the SAIT parking structure is (I think) $6 if you get there after 4:30 PM. DO NOT park in the open lots with the parking meters on campus - it's $2.75 for every 30 mins until you hit $25. Such a rip off.

Trae 11-15-2012 09:31 PM

Park at the mall, just don't park where the idiots do on the south corner by sears/bay or whatever. People get tickets there sometimes. Park on the northside of the mall, it's no more than a five minute walk to campus. I did this all of last year without a ticket.

tfong 11-15-2012 10:50 PM

If you are taking nighy classes park near locos or the taco bell, yhere are free areas.

LukeD 11-16-2012 01:32 AM

I used to always park across the street in the residential area. Only got ticketed once :handclap:

Stewie Griffin 11-16-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trae (Post 55798557)
Park at the mall, just don't park where the idiots do on the south corner by sears/bay or whatever. People get tickets there sometimes. Park on the northside of the mall, it's no more than a five minute walk to campus. I did this all of last year without a ticket.

This is what I did. Took some day classes last year, and parked on the north side of the mall without problem (near the Chili's). Every day that week I walked by the southwest corner of the parking lot, and often saw a couple of cars with tickets on their windshield.

CoRD 11-16-2012 06:19 PM

I payed for parking in the parkade cause I'm lazy. I just hated how you had to use your credit card. The **** is with that?

I heard a few years ago Calgary had the most expensive parking in North America. I don't know if that's still true, but if so, god.... damn. :facepalm:

Trae 11-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRD (Post 55819991)
I payed for parking in the parkade cause I'm lazy. I just hated how you had to use your credit card. The **** is with that?

I heard a few years ago Calgary had the most expensive parking in North America. I don't know if that's still true, but if so, god.... damn. :facepalm:

You can park at the ACAD parking building and pay with cash, $8.00.

saskriders 11-18-2012 02:18 AM

If you are taking night classes, you could probably get a spot at a ctrain station for free

InfinityIggy 11-19-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 55850243)
If you are taking night classes, you could probably get a spot at a ctrain station for free

Depends what station he intends to get on at, but yeah thats the strategy I would use.