HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   GDT: AHL Amerks vs Heat Fri Nov 16 7:05PM ET (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283687)

Woodhouse 11-15-2012 11:47 PM

AHL Amerks vs Heat Fri Nov 16 7:05PM ET

http://i.imgur.com/KfeAt.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/HeaBd.png
http://i.imgur.com/7qoXw.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/bAySA.png
AHL GDT: AMERKS (8-4-1) vs HEAT (9-1-3) – FRI NOV 16 – 7:05PM ET – AHL Live, WHTK-AM, TEAM-AM

11.13 – Amerks take on Bulldogs in rare morning game (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

11.13 – Unbeatable Brust leads Heat past Lake Erie (Calgary Herald – Canadian Press)

11.14 – Amerks start early in victory over Hamilton (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

11.15 – Brust earns third straight shutout as Heat blank Monsters (Calgary Herald – Canadian Press)

11.15 – Rochester Amerks' Jerome Gauthier-Leduc showing his skills (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

11.16 – Connor Knapp grand marshal for York Night at Amerks (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)
http://i.imgur.com/dZujG.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/xevYz.png
ROCHESTER AMERICANS (Beat Coverage)

Tonight's Lineup

28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Kevin Porter (C) - 10 Brian Flynn
71 Marcus Foligno - 22 Phil Varone - 15 Evan Rankin
92 Kevin Sundher - 72 Luke Adam - 25 Mark Mancari (A)
74 Nick Tarnasky - 32 Rick Schofield - 91 Frederick Roy

7 Brayden McNabb - 13 Mark Pysyk
2 Joe Finley - 34 Jerome Gauthier-Leduc
3 TJ Brennan (A) - 4 Alex Biega

49 Connor Knapp
33 David Leggio

Roster Notes

Cody Hodgson (hand; 2-3 weeks) and Corey Tropp (right knee; season-ending) remain sidelined with injuries.
Nick Crawford, Maxime Legault, Matt MacKenzie, Jonathan Parker and Drew Schiestel were scratched on
Wednesday for Rochester.

ABBOTSFORD HEAT (Beat Coverage)

NHL Affiliate & Notables

Calgary Flames: 15 Greg Nemisz, 20 Roman Horak, 29 TJ Brodie, 36 Michael Ferland, 47 Sven Baertschi.

Tonight's Lineup

47 Sven Baertschi - 17 Ben Walter - 20 Roman Horak
8 Krys Kolanos - 12 Paul Byron - 19 Dustin Sylvester
9 Ben Street - 11 Quintin Lang (C) - 48 Brett Olson
34 Carter Bancks - 25 Max Reinhart - 26 Tyler Ruegsegger

29 TJ Brodie - 16 Joe Callahan
6 Chris Breen - 2 Brady Lamb
4 Zach McKelvie - 43 Joe Piskula (A)

37 Leland Irving
30 Danny Taylor

Roster Notes

Akim Aliu (surgery), Barry Brust, Lance Bouma (knee), David Eddy, Adam Estoclet, Michael Ferland,
Steve McCarthy (A) and Greg Nemisz (LBI) are scratched or out injured tonight for Abbotsford.

http://i.imgur.com/NMdeZ.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/xevYz.png
A/V CLUB

11.10 – Highlights of Rochester's 5-2 win in Syracuse this past Saturday. <4:35>

11.13 – Highlights of Abbotsford's 3-0 win versus Lake Erie on Tuesday. <3:09>

11.14 – Highlights of Rochester's 4-1 win in Hamilton on Wednesday. <1:23>

11.14 – Highlights of Abbotsford's 2-0 win versus Lake Erie on Wednesday. <3:32>

11.16 – Head coach Ron Rolston's morning skate interview with Don Stevens. <4:30>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net – Channel: #sabres – FAQ: Sabres Chat

GAMEDAY STREAMS

AHL Live (subscription required) – AtdheFirstRowWiziwig

Woodhouse 11-16-2012 12:05 AM

Brust has three consecutive shutouts for Abbotsford, who sit atop the Western Conference, and are four points ahead of Rochester in the standings.
Quote:

The Amerks could help Barry Brust oust Hockey Hall of Famer Johnny Bower from the AHL record books — or they could make sure Bower’s record stands.

Brust has posted three consecutive shutouts for the Abbotsford Heat, who play the Amerks Friday night. His shutout streak stands at 231 minutes, 41 seconds.

Bower’s AHL record is 249:51, set in 1957 with the Cleveland Barons.

If Brust starts, he must keep the Amerks scoreless for the first 18:11 to claim the record.

A ninth-year veteran of pro hockey, Brust has stopped 105 of 106 shots in his four starts for the Heat. Only former Amerk Zack Kassian scored on him.

Read more: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...chester-Amerks

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 10:18 AM

Apparently it looks like Knapp is starting tonight. Start your back up against the best team in the league at home? I could see it if Leggio played last night, but he didn't.

I've never been a fan of Rolston, this just keeps that going.

Zip15 11-16-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55807751)
Apparently it looks like Knapp is starting tonight. Start your back up against the best team in the league at home? I could see it if Leggio played last night, but he didn't.

It's Game 15 of 76. Knapp and the team had a rough period in Hamilton in his last start, but he looked fine otherwise. I have no problem giving him an opportunity.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 55808337)
It's Game 15 of 76. Knapp and the team had a rough period in Hamilton in his last start, but he looked fine otherwise. I have no problem giving him an opportunity.

A hockey game is 3 periods, and Knapp played poorly and was part of the reason for that collapse. That's not to say never play the guy again, but this isn't the right time in my opinion. Leggio is the well earned starter and should be playing in a divisional game at home against a very good team. I'd have no problem with Knapp playing tomorrow in Binghamton.

Old Navy Goat 11-16-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55808543)
A hockey game is 3 periods, and Knapp played poorly and was part of the reason for that collapse. That's not to say never play the guy again, but this isn't the right time in my opinion. Leggio is the well earned starter and should be playing in a divisional game at home against a very good team. I'd have no problem with Knapp playing tomorrow in Binghamton.

Rolston is probably playing the odds, figuring that even with Leggio in goal its iffy if they can win but a rested Leggio pretty much guarantees a win versus Binghamton.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat (Post 55808975)
Rolston is probably playing the odds, figuring that even with Leggio in goal its iffy if they can win but a rested Leggio pretty much guarantees a win versus Binghamton.

Well that's very poor coaching if true, but I doubt it.

Kevin O did say there was illness going through the team, so I wouldn't be shocked if Leggio was sick. But if he just straight up decided to play Knapp, you have to wonder.

Old Navy Goat 11-16-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55809067)
Well that's very poor coaching if true, but I doubt it.

Kevin O did say there was illness going through the team, so I wouldn't be shocked if Leggio was sick. But if he just straight up decided to play Knapp, you have to wonder.

I wouldn't call that poor coaching, more like proper asset management. It would be akin to Lindy starting Enroth versus Vancouver and giving Miller the start against Columbus so you pretty much guarantee 2 points in a long season. Unless you'd prefer to roll the dice with Knapp against the lesser team after losing the previous night or needing to roll out a tired goalie.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat (Post 55809199)
I wouldn't call that poor coaching, more like proper asset management. It would be akin to Lindy starting Enroth versus Vancouver and giving Miller the start against Columbus so you pretty much guarantee 2 points in a long season. Unless you'd prefer to roll the dice with Knapp against the lesser team after losing the previous night or needing to roll out a tired goalie.

There's no guarantees, I don't know why you keep throwing that word around. It makes no sense. Binghamton is a solid team, and they're tough to play in that little arena. So starting Leggio does not "guarantee" a win there.

How about this: Start Leggio against both teams as he is the starter and has played on back to back nights consistently.

Zip15 11-16-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55809719)
There's no guarantees, I don't know why you keep throwing that word around. It makes no sense. Binghamton is a solid team, and they're tough to play in that little arena. So starting Leggio does not "guarantee" a win there.

How about this: Start Leggio against both teams as he is the starter and has played on back to back nights consistently.

Perfect, that way everyone can ***** when Leggio is worn out in March and blame Rolston for driving him into the ground and not using the backup more a la Lindy Ruff. Well, that or blame Darcy for not having signed a vet backup. Have to keep the complaining options open.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 55809803)
Perfect, that way everyone can ***** when Leggio is worn out in March and blame Rolston for driving him into the ground and not using the backup more a la Lindy Ruff. Well, that or blame Darcy for not having signed a vet backup. Have to keep the complaining options open.

Who said anything about burning him out? I'm not sure if you're using hyperbole just to make a point here.

The schedule in the second half of the season is more conducive to getting Knapp more work. I don't think playing Leggio on back to back nights on weekends will burn him out. And furthermore, I think the second half of last season proved that it's not really an issue with him. A simple point was being made, that your starter should be playing against a team this good when he's on 2.5 days of rest.

Old Navy Goat 11-16-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55810097)
Who said anything about burning him out? I'm not sure if you're using hyperbole just to make a point here.

The schedule in the second half of the season is more conducive to getting Knapp more work. I don't think playing Leggio on back to back nights on weekends will burn him out. And furthermore, I think the second half of last season proved that it's not really an issue with him. A simple point was being made, that your starter should be playing against a team this good when he's on 2.5 days of rest.

At the same time, the AHL is a developmental league and your rookie backup needs to play more than a couple times a month. I wonder if Darcy has told Rolston that Knapp needs more games so he figured this was the best way to get at least 2pts this weekend.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat (Post 55810253)
At the same time, the AHL is a developmental league and your rookie backup needs to play more than a couple times a month. I wonder if Darcy has told Rolston that Knapp needs more games so he figured this was the best way to get at least 2pts this weekend.

I was wondering how long until someone would play the development card. I doubt it has to do with Darcy barking orders to Rolston. I guess it's possible, but considering Leggio has played all but one game, it's unlikely.

But, again, Leggio may be sick, may have a minor injury, they could just be trying to mess with the Heat. Who knows.

Old Navy Goat 11-16-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55810421)
I was wondering how long until someone would play the development card. I doubt it has to do with Darcy barking orders to Rolston. I guess it's possible, but considering Leggio has played all but one game, it's unlikely.

But, again, Leggio may be sick, may have a minor injury, they could just be trying to mess with the Heat. Who knows.

Its not like Darcy or Rolston are going to come out and say that he's under orders to get more games for Knapp or ice time / special teams for Player X. Unless Leggio or Rolston comes out and says that he was sick/injured etc it just makes good internet speculation.

Zip15 11-16-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Not at all. You're the one questioning the coach for who he's starting in Game 15 of 76. Why? If they lose tonight, are they out of the divisional race?

Quote:

Maybe Rolston just wanted to get him a home start. Given that Rochester plays most of its home games on Friday nights and Tuesday/Wednesday, Leggio will almost always be rested going into home games; does that mean that Knapp shouldn't play home games? Should he be playing almost exclusively Saturday night road games behind a team playing the second of a back-to-back in another team's arena?

I think this decision is getting way too much attention. He wanted to get Knapp a home game, so what?

Zip15 11-16-2012 12:23 PM

This game will be determined by whether the Amerks offense can crack Abbotsford's defense a few times. It won't matter who's in goal if they get shut out or can only tally one goal.

HockeyH3aven 11-16-2012 12:25 PM

The Amerks are going to having a tough time containing the top line of Wade - James - Bosh.

I'll show myself out.

sabrefan27 11-16-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 55810567)
Not at all. You're the one questioning the coach for who he's starting in Game 15 of 76. Why? If they lose tonight, are they out of the divisional race?

Maybe I came off the wrong way. It's a message board for discussing things like this, so that's why I'm questioning it. I don't think it'll have any bearing on the season as a whole, that wasn't my point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 55810567)
Maybe Rolston just wanted to get him a home start. Given that Rochester plays most of its home games on Friday nights and Tuesday/Wednesday, Leggio will almost always be rested going into home games; does that mean that Knapp shouldn't play home games? Should he be playing almost exclusively Saturday night road games behind a team playing the second of a back-to-back in another team's arena?

I think this decision is getting way too much attention. He wanted to get Knapp a home game, so what?

My only question for starting him this game mainly comes from the team they are playing, not that it's a home game. They play Albany at home next Friday, much better time to give him a start.

Jacob582 11-16-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55807751)

I'm very surprised Knapp is starting against the best team. I'm okay with it. Hope is helps his confidence that the coach is putting him in at home against the best team.

PS I'm a fan of Rolston

Woodhouse 11-16-2012 01:27 PM

Note: OP Addition

11.16 Connor Knapp grand marshal for York Night at Amerks (D&C Kevin Oklobzija)

Jacob582 11-16-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 55810421)

Lieuwen has already played 10 games this year. Knapp needs to catch up.

DJN21 11-16-2012 02:01 PM

anyone else heading to the game tonight? Scored me some free tickets in the party deck and some free second rows, loving life right now just counting down the hours...

Woodhouse 11-16-2012 02:31 PM

Note: OP Addition

11.16 Head coach Ron Rolston's morning skate interview with Don Stevens. <4:30>

A couple of notes from that: JGL will remain in the lineup tonight; Roy was credited with seven hits last game. :thumbu:

TherapyforGlencross 11-16-2012 02:32 PM

Should be a good game! Good luck to you guys.

kcoxsabresfan 11-16-2012 05:55 PM

Any active streams? - no links at the 3 listed.