HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van - nj (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283935)

KeslerKrony 11-16-2012 12:40 PM

Van - nj
 
Luongo or Schneider (I'm assuming NJ wants Schneider)
Kesler
Kassian

for

Kovalchuk
Zajac (going to UFA)


Win the cup.

P.S. Value is a bit off, but at least I added something of value on both sides. Obviously NJ will soon be in need of a starting goalie, and looking to have a younger top 6 core to grow with Henrique, etc.

1972 11-16-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeslerKrony (Post 55810975)
Luongo/Schneider
Kesler
Kassian

for

Kovalchuk
Zajac (going to UFA)


Win the cup.

P.S. Value is a bit off, but at least I added something of value on both sides. Obviously NJ will soon be in need of a starting goalie, and looking to have a younger top 6 core to grow with Henrique, etc.

Seems kinda like an odd move

Co Ho* 11-16-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Regier (Post 55811099)
Devils easily decline


Right.
Kesler >> Zajac.
Schneider + Kassian = Kovalchuk?

Value is definitely close.

1972 11-16-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811121)
Right.
Kesler >> Zajac.
Schneider + Kassian = Kovalchuk?

Value is definitely close.

I didnt see the goalies in the proposal. calm down

Co Ho* 11-16-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Regier (Post 55811155)
I didnt see the goalies in the proposal. calm down


Lol, I just was trying to see your logic for "easily declining" :laugh:
But yeah, can't see either team doing this. Don't think MG trades Schneider either.

Devils Trap 11-16-2012 12:49 PM

Not even close.

Kovy will not be traded at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811121)
Right.
Kesler >> Zajac.
Schneider + Kassian = Kovalchuk?

Value is definitely close.

:laugh::laugh:

You forgot the sarcasm smiley

KeslerKrony 11-16-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811181)
Lol, I just was trying to see your logic for "easily declining" :laugh:
But yeah, can't see either team doing this. Don't think MG trades Schneider either.

I seem him trading Schneider if it means that we have two legimate and scary scoring lines and still have a starting goalie in Luongo. NJ fans would hate trading Kovalchuk but I see management doing it if they are worried about the term.

ssk 11-16-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeslerKrony (Post 55810975)
Luongo or Schneider (I'm assuming NJ wants Schneider)
Kesler
Kassian

for

Kovalchuk
Zajac (going to UFA)


Win the cup.

P.S. Value is a bit off, but at least I added something of value on both sides. Obviously NJ will soon be in need of a starting goalie, and looking to have a younger top 6 core to grow with Henrique, etc.

not even close. that's a big no from jersey

KeslerKrony 11-16-2012 01:01 PM

Kovalchuk returned Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier and a 1st for Atlanta.

Even with Bergfors hype at the time, Schneider and Kassian is a similar package (I don't mind throwing in a good pick as well if it's "close" for NJ fans)

Plus, Zajac is an impending UFA and there have been reports (albeit not confirmed) that he may not sign. His value is probably lower than it should be.

Co Ho* 11-16-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssk (Post 55811373)
not even close. that's a big no from jersey

Yeah seriously, NJ gets ripped off big time.

Replacing Zajac (impending UFA) with Kesler (3 more years @ 5 million).
Schneider (3 years @ 4 million) and Kassian on his entry level contract for Kovalchuk.

When you take into account the contracts, this deal seems to be in NJ's favour.

Devils Trap 11-16-2012 01:06 PM

Again, no arguement needed

This is not even close for NJ. If you want Kovy, I would begin listening with Edler + Schneider . Too much ??? Too bad. We aren't trading an arguably Top 5 Forward in the league for anything less. You have to massively overpay to get Kovy from NJ

Moore Money 11-16-2012 01:08 PM

I get the feeling Devil fans don't like this. :laugh:

That's ok, most Canuck fans wouldn't do it either, including me.

Co Ho* 11-16-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 55811633)
Again, no arguement needed

This is not even close for NJ. If you want Kovy, I would begin listening with Edler + Schneider . Too much ??? Too bad. We aren't trading an arguably Top 5 Forward in the league for anything less

Edler is actually probably worth less to us than Kesler is, especially given their current contract situations.

PADevil3034 11-16-2012 01:10 PM

Lololololol no way from the Devils.

CanucksSayEh 11-16-2012 01:16 PM

losing Kesler for a winger kinda washes out. We are stuck at the point where we can either stack 1 unstoppable line, or have 2 scoring lines with 3 top talents surrounded by meh. Wouldn't do anything that involved Schnieds, future goalie of planet earth right thur.

ManoWarrior 11-16-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811765)
Edler is actually probably worth less to us than Kesler is, especially given their current contract situations.

Agreed.

Edler
Schneider
Raymond
Schroeder

for

Kovalchuk
Contract spots/roster filler/cap considerations

Cogburn 11-16-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 55811633)
Again, no arguement needed

This is not even close for NJ. If you want Kovy, I would begin listening with Edler + Schneider . Too much ??? Too bad. We aren't trading an arguably Top 5 Forward in the league for anything less. You have to massively overpay to get Kovy from NJ

Yeh..yeah?

I'd rather keep Kesler honestly. If we keep our top prospect, and you guys keep Zajac to resign or trade, as you see fit, all the better.

Oates2Neely 11-16-2012 01:19 PM

Close but NJ declines.

To VAN:
Kovalchuk
Zajac

To NJ:
Schneider
Kesler
Kassian
Schroeder

Closer?

This happens only if Unlce Lou decides its time to rebuild in NJ, behind Henrique, Larsson, Schneider etc..

ssk 11-16-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811583)
Yeah seriously, NJ gets ripped off big time.

Replacing Zajac (impending UFA) with Kesler (3 more years @ 5 million).
Schneider (3 years @ 4 million) and Kassian on his entry level contract for Kovalchuk.

When you take into account the contracts, this deal seems to be in NJ's favour.

NJ don't need to lower their cap.

Oates2Neely 11-16-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh (Post 55811989)
losing Kesler for a winger kinda washes out. We are stuck at the point where we can either stack 1 unstoppable line, or have 2 scoring lines with 3 top talents surrounded by meh. Wouldn't do anything that involved Schnieds, future goalie of planet earth right thur.

What about Zajac? :help:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kovalchuk Zajac ( )

TOGuy14 11-16-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811121)
Right.
Kesler >> Zajac.
Schneider + Kassian = Kovalchuk?

Value is definitely close.

:laugh:

Cogburn 11-16-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManoWarrior (Post 55812095)
Agreed.

Edler
Schneider
Raymond
Schroeder

for

Kovalchuk
Contract spots/roster filler/cap considerations

In sending Schroeder, I think we should return something better then just what Lou can cut loose. Maybe not a super valuable piece, but...something.

Do the Devils even want Raymond though?

If we added a pick could we talk Kovalchuk+Volchenkov (or another D)?

All this and more, on the next page of this thread!

GM17* 11-16-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 55811121)
Right.
Kesler >> Zajac.
Schneider + Kassian = Kovalchuk?

Value is definitely close.

This hasn't received satisfactory levels of ridicule yet

Zajacs Bowl Cut 11-16-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeslerKrony (Post 55811507)
Kovalchuk returned Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier and a 1st for Atlanta.

Even with Bergfors hype at the time, Schneider and Kassian is a similar package (I don't mind throwing in a good pick as well if it's "close" for NJ fans)

Plus, Zajac is an impending UFA and there have been reports (albeit not confirmed) that he may not sign. His value is probably lower than it should be.

what Kovalchuk got in return has no baering on this trade whatsoever. he is a completely different player now than he was before that trade.

plus Lou is not Don Waddell

ssk 11-16-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM17 (Post 55812441)
This hasn't received satisfactory levels of ridicule yet

cause it's a joke.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.