HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Hardest hitter: Volchenkov vs Orpik vs Kronwall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1283963)

OzzyFan 11-16-2012 01:39 PM

Hardest hitter: Volchenkov vs Orpik vs Kronwall

Who throws the hardest hits? Volchenkov or Orpik or Kronwall?

Some highlights:

Volchenkov:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buCqKPWgEBI

Orpik:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdkh_tZNOM

Kronwall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eacSwU04J10

OmniSens 11-16-2012 01:44 PM

All aboard the A-Train Baby!

Kezia 11-16-2012 02:14 PM

Senators Volchenkov
Kronwall
Orpik
Devils Volchenkov

newfy 11-16-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 55813861)
Senators Volchenkov
Kronwall
Orpik
Devils Volchenkov

Agreed. Sens Volchenkov threw huge hits and was consistently physical. Kronwall I think is probably the most devastating open ice hitter in the league, but itsnt consistently physical down low and in the corners

Big McLargehuge 11-16-2012 02:24 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyvyjkkEGR1qztbac.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post that.

I love that Cal O'Reilly's most memorable Penguins moment was almost having his face sliced off by a flying Daniel Paille.

I agree with Benny...Senators Volchenkov had a decent lead on the others, but since going to Jersey he's taken a few steps back in that department putting Kronwall in the lead. Orpik doesn't go for many open-ice hits, so he's harder to rate...but when he does they're usually pretty damn effective.

NjDevsRR 11-16-2012 02:38 PM

Volchy has a ton of injuries since he joined the Devils, but man when he is healthy he flattens people left and right.

Warm Cookies 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 55814165)
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyvyjkkEGR1qztbac.gif

I just wanted an excuse to post that.

I love that Cal O'Reilly's most memorable Penguins moment was almost having his face sliced off by a flying Daniel Paille.

I agree with Benny...Senators Volchenkov had a decent lead on the others, but since going to Jersey he's taken a few steps back in that department putting Kronwall in the lead. Orpik doesn't go for many open-ice hits, so he's harder to rate...but when he does they're usually pretty damn effective.

Yeah, I don't think anyone really worries about coming down Orpik's side with their head down.

Jesus Vitale 11-16-2012 03:01 PM

I'm a huge Orpik fan, but even i find it hard to argue against Kronwall. he consistently destroys people.

Bure All Day 11-16-2012 04:48 PM

Kronwaallllled!!!

Hate to love this, guy, but the way he steps people up at the blueline doesn't exist anywhere else in the game

The Zetterberg Era 11-16-2012 06:10 PM

Kronwall lands the hardest hits, he doesn't play with the same level of physicality across all zones, but if you're looking for hardest I think he is the answer.

Since we are doing this here is the highlight clips of it

The two that didn't get on it because they are more recent.

bp spec 11-16-2012 08:12 PM

Kronwall

BigZKingK 11-16-2012 08:12 PM

Vote Anton but im bias He's one of my favorite D ever :)

Human 11-16-2012 08:17 PM

probably Kronwall, but that video doesn't do justice to Orpik.

silkyjohnson50* 11-16-2012 08:37 PM

Kronwall is the least physical of the 3. He's not very physical in the corners or in front of the net.

With that being said, when he hits they're absolutely devestating. When Kronwall hits, they typically make the highlight reel. Obviously that's because he often catches guys with their heads down.

Kronwall probably has the hardest hits, but I don't think he is the hardest hitter of the 3 if that makes sense. Orpik and Anton are heavier hitters, but because of Kronwall's style his end up being the biggest.

The Nose 11-16-2012 09:04 PM

Kronwall's hit on Voracek was just scary.

ahmon 11-16-2012 09:56 PM

most power = volchenkov
most consistently physical =orpik
most devastating hitter = kronwall

Kronwall knows how to concentrate his hitting power, and his timing is impeccable.

But if all three guys went full speed and we tested their hitting power, volchenkov probably has the overall highest power.

billybudd 11-16-2012 10:40 PM

Depends, other two guys allowed to use their elbows, or just Kronwall? If not, a more appropriate comparison would be with Andy Sutton or Matt Cooke.

Actual answer to "hardest hitter" is Chris Neil. Freight-trains people, never throws 'bows and never leaps into his checks. Cluttebuck would be up there too, but he tends to finish his checks awful late and occasionally in the numbers.

newfy 11-16-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybudd (Post 55826411)
Depends, other two guys allowed to use their elbows, or just Kronwall? If not, a more appropriate comparison would be with Andy Sutton or Matt Cooke.

Actual answer to "hardest hitter" is Chris Neil. Freight-trains people, never throws 'bows and never leaps into his checks. Cluttebuck would be up there too, but he tends to finish his checks awful late and occasionally in the numbers.

I knew youd show up in this thread but can you show me some of these hits where Kronwall uses his elbows?

Last year you were complaining about him leading with his butt because he was too "chicken" to use his body, now hes throwing elbows..

BudMovin* 11-16-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

I love everything about the way Neil plays the game. The Boychuk hit was as textbook as it gets...I think Chara was voted hardest hitter in a player poll. He doesn't go for the big hit often (Doesn't like to be caught out of position), but when he does, he ruins people. Or as Pierre says "Devastates".

lakai17 11-16-2012 10:53 PM

Kronwall hits harder than Chara.

:laugh: the Orpik vote.

BudMovin* 11-16-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 55826599)
Kronwall hits harder than Chara.

:laugh: the Orpik vote.

I think Kronwall is the most devastating hitter, but he isn't the hardest/most forceful hitter in terms of power generated. In a lot of his highlight real hits, the oblivious other player was the one with the power/speed and he just steps into them using his leverage to make them come to an unexpected complete stop. I only point this out because the poll says "Who throws the hardest hits".

The Nose 11-16-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudMovin (Post 55826725)
I think Kronwall is the most devastating hitter, but he isn't the hardest/most forceful hitter in terms of power generated.

I don't get the difference.

BudMovin* 11-16-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 (Post 55827051)
I don't get the difference.

He uses their momentum against them, he doesn't generate the momentum like some of the other big hitters do. I guess I'm saying his hits are more finesse than power, but they are so very destructive in their own right.....Hmmm I don't know why I felt the need to ramble about this....Time for bed, sorry. Carry on.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...a-simpsons.gif

OzzyFan 11-17-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Kronwall catches guys with their head down more than the others, doesn't mean he's dirtier then the others. All have had their elbowing/charging/boarding/etc penalties against them, and the "real" point of hitting is to separate the man from the puck, not steamroll them to concussion or injury, so your entire point is moot. Lastly citing Neil and Clutterbuck is the icing on the cake. Neil was tied for 5th last year in minor penalties taken among all players, and Clutterbuck almost averaged a minor penalty every 2gms last year. You wanna talk about clean hitters/players that hit often, take a look at Matt Martin or Troy Brouwer or Tanner Glass.

PALE PWNR 11-17-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 55819717)
Kronwall lands the hardest hits, he doesn't play with the same level of physicality across all zones, but if you're looking for hardest I think he is the answer.

Since we are doing this here is the highlight clips of it

The two that didn't get on it because they are more recent.

I think he hits clean most of the time and is definitely the best in the league but they need to call him on Leaving his feet when he does it. Kesler, Radulov, Miettinen, Havlat and Heatley he clearly left his feet before contact