HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   USHL teams near Manchester? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=128417)

Saprykin Fan 02-09-2005 12:52 PM

USHL teams near Manchester?
 
anyone know of any USHL teams around Manchester Monarchs, just wondering and how far they are away!

Jacob 02-09-2005 01:52 PM

The closest would probably be Indiana.

http://ushl.com/teams/index.cfm

Terrier 02-09-2005 01:58 PM

The USHL is an Upper Midwest league, with teams from Indiana to Nebraska(map below). New England has primarily AHL and NCAA teams. The closest major junior team is the Maineiacs of the QMJHL in Lewiston, Maine.

http://www.bucshockey.org/2004-05USHLFootprint.pdf

Saprykin Fan 02-10-2005 11:02 PM

hey
 
is there any junior A teams up there then maybe not ushl.

IkeaMonkey* 02-11-2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
is there any junior A teams up there then maybe not ushl.

I'm not sure if the EJHL is Jr. A or B. It's the highest form of juniors in New England.

http://www.easternjunior.com/

The site.

http://www.nhjrmonarchs.com/main.htm

Closest team to Manchester.

canadahockeygirl* 02-12-2005 08:24 AM

I used to play in the Monarchs organization (Senior Lady A) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The organization is going under, the rink is going under (the owner had to put his dentist office inside the rink to try and make some money), and it's just a crappy experience dealing with the people who run the organization. Plus the rink itself is like playing on a wind-swept pond.

I'm not sure how the Jr. team is run, but if they're under that blanket organization, I wouldn't touch it with a 40 foot pole.

IkeaMonkey* 02-12-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadahockeygirl
I used to play in the Monarchs organization (Senior Lady A) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The organization is going under, the rink is going under (the owner had to put his dentist office inside the rink to try and make some money), and it's just a crappy experience dealing with the people who run the organization. Plus the rink itself is like playing on a wind-swept pond.

I'm not sure how the Jr. team is run, but if they're under that blanket organization, I wouldn't touch it with a 40 foot pole.

Cant speak for how the team is run, but you cant argue with their success. Two EJHL titles in the last 3 years and they have the 2nd most points this year as well.

Legionnaire 02-12-2005 06:00 PM

Looking for somewhere to play eh Dean? I see where you are going with this ;)

canadahockeygirl* 02-14-2005 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DynamoAO
Cant speak for how the team is run, but you cant argue with their success. Two EJHL titles in the last 3 years and they have the 2nd most points this year as well.

It's not the team I have a problem with, it's the organization. But that being said, I'm not sure if the Jr. Monarchs are part of that. I know that the little kids, girls, and womens teams are and that they are all run very poorly (like Rick Vega is out to make money instead of provide a good hockey experience), but maybe they give priority to a team they actually care about and only have the other teams there for PR.

Also, the rink at Tri-Town is HORRIBLE. Granted I've been very spoiled with the quality of ice I've played on, but unless they've made some major changes during some of the construction they did to put in Vega's dentist office, it's one of the worst I've ever skated on. I honestly don't know how they'd get players there without the titles they've won.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.