HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Admirals Lose Game, 2 Players (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284213)

adsfan 11-16-2012 10:15 PM

Admirals Lose Game, 2 Players

Two Milwaukee Admiral forwards were injured in a 2-1 OT loss to OKC.

Assistant Coach Stan Drulia said via WSSP radio that the first period hit on Kevin Henderson "was dirty". Antti Tyrvainen was called for interference plus 5 for fighting with Admiral Mark Van Guilder.

With 3:30 remaining in the third period, Alex Plante received 5 minutes for boarding Milwaukee leading scorer Taylor Beck, plus a game misconduct. Beck left the game via stretcher.

My guess is Plante gets a big time suspension. He also fought Jani Lajunen in the first period. I don't think that Lajunen had more than one fight last season, versus Plante's 20 minutes in penalties in this game. There were 4 fights in this game.

JaredCowenFan 11-16-2012 11:26 PM

I didn't get to catch the game but I wouldn't be suprised by Plantey doing something like that. He's a bid bodied beast. Hope Beck is ok.

adsfan 11-18-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan (Post 55827023)
I didn't get to catch the game but I wouldn't be suprised by Plantey doing something like that. He's a bid bodied beast. Hope Beck is ok.

Beck and Henderson didn't play Saturday. Thanks for the thought!

franfrey* 11-18-2012 09:47 PM

I'll just repost what I did in the other thread because it's probably better suited here:

Tyrvainen's hit was dirty, Plante's wasn't. It was actually a terrible call by the officials. Both players were going in for the puck, the Mil guy lost an edge (the ice was terrible that night) and went into the boards really awkwardly. It was the kind of play that happens several times a game, this one just came out really badly.
I was listening to the Admirals feed btw, and even their commentator couldn't believe that Plante had been given a game for that...

Tbh though, I wouldn't care AT ALL if Plante got suspended... He's been atrocious this year.

adsfan 11-19-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yourface (Post 55869825)
I'll just repost what I did in the other thread because it's probably better suited here:

Tyrvainen's hit was dirty, Plante's wasn't. It was actually a terrible call by the officials. Both players were going in for the puck, the Mil guy lost an edge (the ice was terrible that night) and went into the boards really awkwardly. It was the kind of play that happens several times a game, this one just came out really badly.
I was listening to the Admirals feed btw, and even their commentator couldn't believe that Plante had been given a game for that...

Tbh though, I wouldn't care AT ALL if Plante got suspended... He's been atrocious this year.

You must be correct. Tyrvainen got 2 games. So did Bourque for the second game.