HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   On the Radio: Official Sports Radio Thread Part VIII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284221)

bruinsfan1970 11-16-2012 11:06 PM

Official Sports Radio Thread Part VIII

Official Sports Radio Thread Part VII http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1170737

Have at it.....

bruinsfan1970 11-16-2012 11:10 PM

DA will be missed..Kinda sad :(

GordonHowe 11-17-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruinsfan1970 (Post 55826835)
DA will be missed..Kinda sad :(

Onward & upward for Mothership Man. I'll only add that co-hosting a day in, day out four hour show is much more difficult than listeners like us surmise. Doing the same solo and well into the night, as DA did, is even more so.

Good luck to him. :handclap::)

GordonHowe 11-17-2012 08:13 AM

Jack Edwards Pessimistic Per Lockout 11/16/12

Courtesy Bill Doyle of Sports Telegram,

http://www.telegram.com/article/2012...34/1009/SPORTS

Shaun 11-18-2012 04:56 PM

My dream scenario would be that fat **** Gresh moved to night slot which is what he did on Satellite radio, and they try to salvage the midday show.

Donnie Shulzhoffer 11-19-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55862191)
My dream scenario would be that fat **** Gresh moved to night slot which is what he did on Satellite radio, and they try to salvage the midday show.

Meter is looking for work.

DKH 11-19-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer (Post 55875165)
Meter is looking for work.

one rumor heard is Meter's contract is up and left because once Santos is done, Meter is going to take over the Patriots playing calling (and Krafts supposedly like him personally and is BC work); plus he can do baseball, and basketball and gives Sports Hub that- he also may get the Red Sox PA job- and take over mid day with Zolak which would be a natural since they would be working together on Pats games.

He may be looking for work but this sounds very logical and was something someone told to me could be in the works

flannelman 11-19-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonHowe (Post 55829947)
Courtesy Bill Doyle of Sports Telegram,

http://www.telegram.com/article/2012...34/1009/SPORTS

thanks for this. was wondering how Jack was doing - lockout must be impacting a lot of broadcast teams. He still had some lines that made me smile, though.

Shaun 11-19-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55875655)
one rumor heard is Meter's contract is up and left because once Santos is done, Meter is going to take over the Patriots playing calling (and Krafts supposedly like him personally and is BC work); plus he can do baseball, and basketball and gives Sports Hub that- he also may get the Red Sox PA job- and take over mid day with Zolak which would be a natural since they would be working together on Pats games.

He may be looking for work but this sounds very logical and was something someone told to me could be in the works

I think Dale would be much better than Meter.

Donnie Shulzhoffer 11-19-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55878433)

Boot Gresh and Zo out of there and have it be the D&M show.

Shaun 11-19-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer (Post 55878455)
Boot Gresh and Zo out of there and have it be the D&M show.

Even better. Gresh is a waste of space, and Zo doesnt need to keep the radio gig since he's doing color. I would definitely listen over the terrible M&M show on WEEI

Donnie Shulzhoffer 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55878529)
Even better. Gresh is a waste of space, and Zo doesnt need to keep the radio gig since he's doing color. I would definitely listen over the terrible M&M show on WEEI

And probably the most manufactured voice in radio.

LSCII 11-19-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55878433)

Zo isn't bad if he's got the right guy co-hosting with him. Someone that can play to his strengths. That being said, I'd be okay with Meter and Zo. Meter and Dale or Dale and Zo would be really terrible, IMO.

EverettMike 11-19-2012 12:17 PM

Meter sucks.

His voice sucks.

His play-calling sucks.

His tone sucks.

His opinions suck.

His insights suck.

His face is irksome. Less of an issue obviously.

Stone Clode 11-19-2012 12:18 PM

As bad as Gresh is, he's still way better than Tanguay and Zolak was. Man, what a train-wreck that was. I've learned to accept Gresh for what he is, and anything is better than Mut & Merloni on EEI. :shakehead

gorskic 11-19-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadChara33 (Post 55879705)
As bad as Gresh is, he's still way better than Tanguay and Zolak was. Man, what a train-wreck that was. I've learned to accept Gresh for what he is, and anything is better than Mut & Merloni on EEI. :shakehead

The problem with the midday show on EEI isn't Merloni--it's Mutnansky. He's just...so far beyond awful I can't describe it. If only they'd left Dale on midday and brought in Merloni, they'd have a really solid show.

LSCII 11-19-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorskic (Post 55879783)
The problem with the midday show on EEI isn't Merloni--it's Mutnansky. He's just...so far beyond awful I can't describe it. If only they'd left Dale on midday and brought in Merloni, they'd have a really solid show.

This is spot on. Mutt is just terrible. That alone would be okay but the throws a healthy dose of arrogance and condescension on top of it, which makes him insufferable. I really like Lou, and I think he'd be great paired with just about anyone else.

TP 11-19-2012 12:51 PM

Allow me to pile on.

Both middays shows are unbearable. I hate Gresh.. I hate Mutnansky.. Zo.. meh, if Gresh wasn't there, I might listen.

Never a fan of Meter

I love Dale and would love him to get his old gig back.

EverettMike 11-19-2012 01:39 PM

Merloni is so overrated.

Good as a guest with a spot or two a week, terrible as an every day guy.

BNHL 11-19-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55875655)

Haven't warmed up to Meter the playcaller but Meter the sports encyclopedia is undeniable. They throw any name at him and he can give you a stat. Also thought he was hilarious in a lot of his one liners.

Morris Wanchuk 11-19-2012 01:55 PM

I like Zolak.. I think he has a genuine excitement for the New England teams and can give good insight from a players perspective.

I have never liked Gresh, ever. Why? For a number of reasons, but #1 was that he is neither a trained broadcaster or an athlete, so his insights are beyond limited. He can't interview, can't opine, aside from his playing days at URI.

Morris Wanchuk 11-19-2012 01:56 PM

Meter would be a good broadcaster. He is articulate, knows his stats, and has a nice voice.

LSCII 11-19-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettMike (Post 55881465)
Merloni is so overrated.

Good as a guest with a spot or two a week, terrible as an every day guy.

He's not horrible, IMO, and when you consider the other names he's compared to, he is the lesser evil. :laugh:

08SeaBass08 11-19-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TP (Post 55880339)
Allow me to pile on.

Both middays shows are unbearable. I hate Gresh.. I hate Mutnansky.. Zo.. meh, if Gresh wasn't there, I might listen.

Never a fan of Meter

I love Dale and would love him to get his old gig back.

I was 100% there with you until this. Dale seems like such a likeable homespun fellow and is classy in a way few are anymore, but it doesn't play in sports talk radio in 2012 in Boston. You want to talk about him doing play-by-play for Pats radio, that's a different story. I liked him doing Bruins games. If Meter gets that gig, consider the eighth sign of the apocalypse to be upon us.

Gresh...the Pete Schleppard of 98.5.

08SeaBass08 11-19-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk (Post 55881805)
I have never liked Gresh, ever. Why? For a number of reasons, but #1 was that he is neither a trained broadcaster or an athlete, so his insights are beyond limited. He can't interview, can't opine, aside from his playing days at URI.

Take a look at this illustrious list to validate Gresh's playing experience at URI as a qualification to pontificate on the intricacies of NFL football.

http://www.databasefootball.com/play...f+Rhode+Island

Sorry URI, nothing against you. I just loathe Andy Gresh as a broadcaster.