HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Mattias Tedenby (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284411)

KovalSNIPE 11-17-2012 11:48 AM

Mattias Tedenby

I haven't been able to watch the Albany games besides the highlights after. I'm guessing judging his year so far by his stat line (9GP, 2G, 2A, -3) would be unfair. It's good to point out the -3 came from last nights game so you can kind of look at it like he's been even defensively since the year started. For those who have seen the games, how has he really been? Could he make the big club when the lockout is over?

His shootout goal last night was ridiculous so he definitely still has the offensive instincts. Is his low production just because of the overall team having trouble scoring? Or is it his play?

Classic Devil 11-17-2012 11:49 AM

I just don't think he has what he needs to be successful.

Ilkka Pikachu 11-17-2012 11:56 AM

Pics immensely related.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/254/roreyshat.gif

http://i.imgur.com/gF3Z6.jpg

Bleedred 11-17-2012 12:13 PM

To be fair he missed about 3 games cause of illness. He has 2 goals which is as much or more than some of the guys who've played less games than him. If it weren't for Henrique's penalty shot goal he would have only scored his 3rd last night, and not 4th. He's played all the games too.

Hockey Sports Fan 11-17-2012 02:49 PM

There's been nights where we've heard that he's looked like the best forward on the ice for both teams, which are the same reports we've heard for Josefson, Larsson, and Henrique at times. I think overall that Tedenby has the talent and the tools to be as successful as any of them at the NHL level, but it's a matter of how much progress he makes in thinking the game.

Scottyk9 11-17-2012 02:57 PM

He's never going to be a complete player...he needs to get the scoring touch down to be anything of value for us.

Honestly the moment he comes up and stays up and shows promise I think he'll get Bergfors'd out of town in a trade.

Bleedred 11-17-2012 03:02 PM

I think he needs to score too. That's what I've said. He isn't good at defense, he has no size like Zubrus, isn't a center/faceoff guy like Josefson. He's bad on defense, and makes Kovy look like a Selke winner so he won't be playing on any PK. The best thing he can do is bring offense, and then it will be okay if he can't do those other things.

I think he NEEDS to be able to score 15 goals a year. At least 15 a year, and this is what I've been saying. I could go to 10 goals if he racks up points through assists. Of course this is over an 82 game season, playing all games.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 11-17-2012 03:06 PM

15 goals a year? that wont net him a spot in the top 6. he needs at least 20 unless he's making patrick kane like assists to bring the points up. he's not worth carrying all year with his defence, if he cant score

Bleedred 11-17-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker (Post 55836795)
15 goals a year? that wont net him a spot in the top 6. he needs at least 20 unless he's making patrick kane like assists to bring the points up. he's not worth carrying all year with his defence, if he cant score

15 is a huge improvement over last year, and he was on pace for close to that had he played the whole 10/11 season in the NHL at the pace he was on. Pete was saying he needed to score too, and pretty much said he was unhappy with him not being able to score, without being too critical and in so many words. That's why Pete was putting him with the goons, and in some games on the 4th line with Boulton on thie 3rd.:shakehead

If he can't score more than a goal in 41 games this time I really don't think he'll last that long. That's my biggest gripe with him is him not scoring.

Getzo5 11-17-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker (Post 55836795)

You know what`s funny? That`s actually his best asset.

Bleedred 11-17-2012 03:43 PM

I'm still not too confident with him, but I have to see him at the NHL level again first. Unless he has a season like he did last year again, I think it might take some time to see what will become of him. I've been more impressed with him in the A, than I have with Butler so far.

He needs some kind of finish like he had on the goal in the shootout. That's what he lacked last year in the NHL. He could have scored about 5 or 6 goals at least last year just with better finish. He was getting a lot of breakaway opportunities, but would miss the net.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 11-17-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55837251)
You know what`s funny? That`s actually his best asset.

i mean, numbers wise, not on-ice:laugh:

Wingman77 11-17-2012 04:17 PM

Whenever hockey resumes, he is going to get a serious opportunity to make the team

What he does with that opportunity is up to him

Patience with the kids

Saugus 11-17-2012 11:38 PM

He still can't hack it defensively, and he needs more confidence in his offensive skills in order to justify his spot.

Bleedred 11-17-2012 11:48 PM

Tedenby was the best player for much of the time under Maclean in 10/11 when he was first called up. It's funny how Tedenby, Vasyunov, and Corrente were sometimes the best players on the ice or at least showing the most effort. They obviously were not poisoned with whatever was going around that locker room from the guys who had already been up. I'd like to see that Tedenby again.

Sometimes he reminds me of Andreas Salomonsson or whatever that guy's name was. Though it's been over 10 years since we've seen him, and I think he was out of the league after that. Another Swede, but he had a hard time adjusting. I used to call him the old rookie cause the dude was late 20s when we drafted him, and brought him right in to take Mogilny's spot. He had a season very reminiscent to Tedenby's last season, and I'm pretty sure he was up to Albany after half a season.

Getzo5 11-18-2012 12:40 PM

I desperately want to see Tedenby from 2010 vs. Bruins/Penguins. That would make up for the lack of defensive awareness.

I know he has it in him, just has to re-find it.

kyle evs48 11-18-2012 12:45 PM

We have this conversation every year. He's small and sucks defensively. We've seen flashes of awesome offensive ability and he has elite skating ability. Who knows.

Darius Dangleaitis 11-18-2012 01:13 PM

Brings nothing to the table if he isn't scoring, and frankly, he hasn't shown enough of that to make me believe he'll be an NHLer.

Rooting for him though.

Parise9Crosby87 11-18-2012 01:47 PM

anyone got a video of his shootout goal

Ilkka Pikachu 11-18-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 (Post 55856565)
anyone got a video of his shootout goal

Third post ITT.

Jason MacIsaac 11-18-2012 02:43 PM

Back to Sweden next year for sure. Why couldn't NJ go with my gut and pick Markstrom.

Bleedred 11-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac (Post 55858111)
Back to Sweden next year for sure. Why couldn't NJ go with my gut and pick Markstrom.

Alright yours was Markstrom, most everyone else was Carlson!

He brings nothing if he's scoring like was said. That's how I feel. Gotta score some goals, and if he's racking up assists that's great too if he's scoring fewer goals.

BrodeursCups 11-18-2012 03:19 PM

It's quite simple: don't draft midgets in the first round. He will be traded. It's not if, just when..

Bleedred 11-18-2012 03:22 PM

It's Conte and these Swedes, He is the one scouting these guys right? Bergfors, Josefson, Salomonsson. Won't count Larsson cause he was a top 4 pick. Not to mention non Swede BUSTS like GARBAGE Barry Tallackson. I really don't want Conte as GM when Lou retires.

Zippy316 11-18-2012 03:24 PM

It's all about confidence and linemates.

When he is on his game, he makes some nifty plays and passes, when he isn't, he is just a waste and a liability defensively. His linemates for a majority of last year were Carter and Clarkson. Not making excuses, but neither one is all that helpful is offensively creative. He needs to play with top six talent that will mesh well with his skill set, playing with Henrique and Zubrus might be a pretty good spot for him, in my opinion.