HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Senators Players by their best moment in a Sens Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284611)

saskriders 11-17-2012 07:30 PM

Senators Players by their best moment in a Sens Jersey

What are (in your opinion) some of our players biggest moments in a Sens jersey?

I would say the Obvious ones are

Alfredsson-07 Eastern Conference Final clinching goal
Phillips-03 Eastern Conference Final game 6 OT goal
Fisher-04 Eastern Conference Quarter Final game 6 2OT goal
Duchesne-97 Playoff clinching goal

But what are the ones for guys like Neil, Redden, Havlat etc.

GSG1165 11-17-2012 07:34 PM

Carkner Triple OT Winner! Such a boos moment, I'm gonna miss that guy.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP 11-17-2012 07:35 PM

Turris - OT Winner vs. Rangers

Deku Scrub 11-17-2012 07:36 PM

Brad Norton's best moment:

But seriously, Neil's best moment is probably his OT goal from this past playoffs.

FolignoQuantumLeap 11-17-2012 07:37 PM

Havlat - 4 goals vs Buffalo.
Redden - playing in the 1st round in 06 after his mom passed away. He played brilliantly.
Mcgrattan - beating the living piss out of Tie Domi.
Chris Neil... so many but one that sticks out was from this year when he was punishing Heatley and scoring a big goal vs the wild early in the year.
Chara - rag dolling Mccabe
Patrick Lalime - series vs Philly.
Chris Kelly - when Fisher, Vermette and Spezza were all injured years ago, he was left to center the top line with Heatley and Alfredsson. He did so brilliantly and picked up a bunch of points in the process.
Volchenkov... any given night. He always brought it but I'll always remember his run through the 07 playoffs and the game where he scored 2 goals.
Any Sutton - destruction of (some random Pittsburgh player). Becoming forever 'the expert'

2Cowen 11-17-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap (Post 55842575)
Redden - playing in the 1st round in 06 after his mom passed away. He played brilliantly.
Chris Neil... so many but one that sticks out was from this year when he was punishing Heatley and scoring a big goal vs the wild early in the year.
Chris Kelly - when Fisher, Vermette and Spezza were all injured years ago, he was left to center the top line with Heatley and Spezza. He did so brilliantly and picked up a bunch of points in the process.
Volchenkov... any given night. He always brought it but I'll always remember his run through the 07 playoffs and the game where he scored 2 goals.
Any Sutton - destruction of (some random Pittsburgh player). Becoming forever 'the expert'

Did Grats really beat the living piss out of Domi? I just thought you cracked his nose.

And I am pretty sure Fisher got the tip on Volchies first goal. He got the second goal though thats for sure.

Ghost in the Shell 11-17-2012 09:19 PM

I'd say Havlat's 05-06 series against Tampa. He was unstoppable.

ReginKarlssonLehner 11-17-2012 09:29 PM

Lalime robbing Newindyuk twice

Heatley in his 4 goal game against Toronto.
Hasek in his shutouts against Toronto.
Spezza in his goals against Montreal and Vancouver.
Karlsson in every game last year :sarcasm:

ReginKarlssonLehner 11-17-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Chris Kelly - when Fisher, Vermette and Spezza were all injured years ago, he was ]

Wasn't it against Toronto and he scored last minute in regulation and then Heatley scored overtime winner? We were supposed to be blown out that game according to everyone.

BURY 11-17-2012 09:32 PM

Dany Heatley:

source 11-17-2012 09:37 PM

*sigh*

I miss when our team was a contender. On the other hand I don't get my hopes up as much any more.

Uncle Eugene 11-17-2012 09:43 PM

I still think Spezza's is Game 5 of the 2003 Eastern Finals against New Jersey.

In his rookie year he was scratched most of the playoffs for Vermette because Jacques Martin is Jacques Martin, he finally gets into game 5 with us down 3-1 in the series. Promptly has a goal and an assist in a 3-1 win. 1st star.

One of my biggest memories of those pre-lockout teams was that game, and Spezza skating out as 1st star to EMF's You're Unbelievable.

****ing epic.

Uncle Eugene 11-17-2012 09:46 PM

Craig Anderson.

1st game as an Ottawa Senator? On HNIC?

47 save shootout shutout win.

Badass.

Uncle Eugene 11-17-2012 09:51 PM

Ray Emery?

This.

I've got to stop reminiscing, it is making me sad.

I miss hockey.

saskriders 11-17-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene (Post 55845785)
Ray Emery?

This.

I've got to stop reminiscing, it is making me sad.

I miss hockey.

I hope that some day we see Lehner fight Miller

ReginKarlssonLehner 11-17-2012 10:00 PM

Found the Kelly game. 3 points and he was double-shifting.

2Cowen 11-17-2012 11:07 PM

I remember that one shift Fisher had against the Penguins, game 5 2007 where he demolished 2 Penguin players and had a glorious chance to bury the puck from a pass from Schaefer. It was an incredible sequence of hockey. 2 massive hits, a nice pass and a great glove save at the end.

Security Guard Chang* 11-18-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 55846005)
Found the Kelly game. 3 points and he was double-shifting.

what a pass there by redden,

Man , i miss those days

CanadianHockey 11-18-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Chris Kelly - when Fisher, Vermette and Spezza were all injured years ago, he was left to center the top line with Heatley and Alfredsson. He did so brilliantly and picked up a bunch of points in the process.

Sutton's hit was on Leopold.

The Volchenkov game that sticks out for me is one under Clouston where we rolled Kelly-Fisher-Alfie and Philchenkov against OV and Backstrom. Semin had a hat trick that game, but finished second star. First star was Volchenkov, at I believe +1 and 11 blocked shots. Eight of those blocks came against Ovechkin.

Do Make Say Think 11-18-2012 01:34 AM

Joe Corvo scoring in OT to give the Senators their first ever 2-0 lead in a series in the 2007 ECF

BonkTastic 11-18-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang (Post 55848789)

Man , i miss those days

Yeah, that was pretty much Redden's last really good season. His offensive numbers were slightly better the following year, but from what I can remember he looked like a shell of his former self in 07-08.

And after that was the "Ranger Years", and we all know how THAT went:http://circlingthewagon.files.wordpr...2/img_1979.jpg

... as an aside, anyone seen other recent pics of the AHL version of Wade Redden? Dude looks like he weighs about 150 lbs these days. All skinny and emaciated. So sad to see.

Icelevel 11-18-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 55850477)
... as an aside, anyone seen other recent pics of the AHL version of Wade Redden? Dude looks like he weighs about 150 lbs these days. All skinny and emaciated. So sad to see.

kyle turris?

SENSational Sens Fan 11-18-2012 10:13 AM

Cowen - 4 point game vs Pittsburgh
Rachunek - OT winner vs. Leafs with 5s left back in 2001
Sutton - questioning the reporter about his EXPERT-ise :D

OmniSens 11-18-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang (Post 55848789)

Man , i miss those days

Man, what a team we had...

I miss that team
I miss Heatley
I miss Kelly
I MISS HOCKEY :rant:

Fenix Rises 2026 11-18-2012 10:41 AM

Whats the deal with redden? Is he playing anywhere this year? Is he locked out? If he is that really sucks for him.