HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XXI) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1284817)

Zippy316 11-18-2012 08:56 AM

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XXI)
 
Continue.

Fayne Staley 11-18-2012 03:21 PM

some news on Janssen's charity game

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/11/1...21&feedID=3794

i also read somewhere that he had a hattrick :laugh:

Bleedred 11-18-2012 03:24 PM

Oh god who was the goaltender? I knew Brian Elliott was nowhere near as good as he was, and last year's numbers were as fluky as Salvador's hot stick in the playoffs, but please tell me it wasn't him!:laugh:

Zippy316 11-18-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer (Post 55859417)
some news on Janssen's charity game

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/11/1...21&feedID=3794

i also read somewhere that he had a hattrick :laugh:

In that article it says:

This was awesome too: Action on the ice that served as a reminder of what's missed with a lockout that has stolen 327 games, including the Winter Classic. The pace was quick, the commitment high and colorful accessories were present: Caps were tossed onto the ice after Janssen earned a hat trick late in the second period; a horn was blown, followed by a "Let's...go...Blues!" chant; and with about five minutes left in the third period, fans started a "We want hockey!" cheer.

Fayne Staley 11-18-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55859657)
In that article it says:

This was awesome too: Action on the ice that served as a reminder of what's missed with a lockout that has stolen 327 games, including the Winter Classic. The pace was quick, the commitment high and colorful accessories were present: Caps were tossed onto the ice after Janssen earned a hat trick late in the second period; a horn was blown, followed by a "Let's...go...Blues!" chant; and with about five minutes left in the third period, fans started a "We want hockey!" cheer.

good catch, i just skimmed through it.

Wingman77 11-18-2012 04:48 PM

If this lockout goes the full season, the next "off-season" is the next thing we have to look forward to

UFAs will be Zubrus, Elias, Zajac, Clarkson, Zidlicky, Harrold
RFAs will be Tedenby, Josefson, Henrique

We'll have $37m in cap space with the current $70m cap limit

If for some reason the NHL and NHLPA find the light at the end of their *******s and can finally pull their heads out, and we will have a shortened season, we've got 2 forward positions to be filled with main competition being Tedenby and Butler or one of the camp tree out players

Elias/Zajac/Kovy
Zubrus/Henrique/Clarkson
?/Josefson/?
Bernier/Carter/Gio

Greene/Fayne
Sal/Zids
Tallinder/Larsson
Harrold

Marty
Moose

+Volchenkov

Getzo5 11-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55862013)
If this lockout goes the full season, the next "off-season" is the next thing we have to look forward to

UFAs will be Zubrus, Elias, Zajac, Clarkson, Zidlicky, Harrold
RFAs will be Tedenby, Josefson, Henrique

We'll have $37m in cap space with the current $70m cap limit

If for some reason the NHL and NHLPA find the light at the end of their *******s and can finally pull their heads out, and we will have a shortened season, we've got 2 forward positions to be filled with main competition being Tedenby and Butler or one of the camp tree out players

Elias/Zajac/Kovy
Zubrus/Henrique/Clarkson
?/Josefson/?
Bernier/Carter/Gio

Greene/Fayne
Sal/Zids
Tallinder/Larsson
Harrold

Marty
Moose

+Volchenkov

2013 UFA market, hooboy.

Wingman77 11-18-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55862113)
2013 UFA market, hooboy.

It's the forwards that will be of everybody's concern, the age, the lack of available forwards from within, the lack of bringing in outside guys (although Lou changed up a bit this season from the several years prior)

We have some D depth built up between the NHL team and the system, however it shouldn't be depended on as heavily as some like to do so because half of those guys haven't seen a handful of games, others no games at all

Times be a changin for the Devs, quicker than most realize

Getzo5 11-18-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55862203)
It's the forwards that will be of everybody's concern, the age, the lack of available forwards from within, the lack of bringing in outside guys (although Lou changed up a bit this season from the several years prior)

We have some D depth built up between the NHL team and the system, however it shouldn't be depended on as heavily as some like to do so because half of those guys haven't seen a handful of games, others no games at all

Times be a changin for the Devs, quicker than most realize

All good points, but I meant the UFA market in general mostly. haha

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2012/...g-free-agency/

That`s one heck of an UFA crop.

Zippy316 11-18-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55862013)
If this lockout goes the full season, the next "off-season" is the next thing we have to look forward to

UFAs will be Zubrus, Elias, Zajac, Clarkson, Zidlicky, Harrold
RFAs will be Tedenby, Josefson, Henrique

We'll have $37m in cap space with the current $70m cap limit

If for some reason the NHL and NHLPA find the light at the end of their *******s and can finally pull their heads out, and we will have a shortened season, we've got 2 forward positions to be filled with main competition being Tedenby and Butler or one of the camp tree out players

Elias/Zajac/Kovy
Zubrus/Henrique/Clarkson
?/Josefson/?
Bernier/Carter/Gio

Greene/Fayne
Sal/Zids
Tallinder/Larsson
Harrold

Marty
Moose

+Volchenkov

You know, I'm having more and more of a feeling that Josefson may push himself into a top six role. Only problem is it forces Henrique to wing, or even Henrique down to the third line.

Regardless, we still have two holes to fill in the top nine. Josefson may fill one of them, but by doing so, he creates two holes on the third line. Best scenario is two of Parse, Butler, or Tedenby step into a top-six role with one playing a third line role, but that scenario doesn't look to well with the way they are playing in Albany. Also doesn't account for if Henrique has any kind of a sophomore slump. No doubt in my mind he will remain an NHL player as he could just as easily play a third line role, but if he can't sustain a top six role, and he did falter a bit 3/4 of the way through last year, we will be in trouble.

A lot of question marks to me, and concerns. Even worse if we lose a majority of the UFA forwards as well...Gotta hope we keep at least one of Elias or Zajac and at least one of Zubrus or Clarkson. Preferably, we'd keep them all, but we get 3/4 to remain, I can live with that.

Zippy316 11-18-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55862579)
All good points, but I meant the UFA market in general mostly. haha

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2012/...g-free-agency/

That`s one heck of an UFA crop.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Bozak. He may be overrated in Toronto, but he's also underrated elsewhere. I doubt we get the top end guys like Getzlaf, Burke will be creaming his pants if he reaches free agency. I'd definitely like to see us try for McDonald or Bozak, especially if we lose Zajac. Both can be second line centerman but are also flexible enough to play wing as well.

Saugus 11-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55862579)
All good points, but I meant the UFA market in general mostly. haha

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2012/...g-free-agency/

That`s one heck of an UFA crop.

And coming off a full season lockout, less of them would be inclined to re-sign with their current teams. Could be very interesting indeed.

Getzo5 11-18-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55862805)
You know, I'm having more and more of a feeling that Josefson may push himself into a top six role. Only problem is it forces Henrique to wing, or even Henrique down to the third line.

Regardless, we still have two holes to fill in the top nine. Josefson may fill one of them, but by doing so, he creates two holes on the third line. Best scenario is two of Parse, Butler, or Tedenby step into a top-six role with one playing a third line role, but that scenario doesn't look to well with the way they are playing in Albany. Also doesn't account for if Henrique has any kind of a sophomore slump. No doubt in my mind he will remain an NHL player as he could just as easily play a third line role, but if he can't sustain a top six role, and he did falter a bit 3/4 of the way through last year, we will be in trouble.

A lot of question marks to me, and concerns. Even worse if we lose a majority of the UFA forwards as well...Gotta hope we keep at least one of Elias or Zajac and at least one of Zubrus or Clarkson. Preferably, we'd keep them all, but we get 3/4 to remain, I can live with that.

I see neither as a bad thing to be honest. You can never have too many centers, especially versatile ones and Henrique could be just as good if not better on the wing next to a creative center. He`s not a great playmaker, but knows how to finish the plays and drive the net. Josefson, however, is the opposite. When healthy, he has a potential of becoming a very solid 2nd line center.

Also, some may not like it, but Matteau was drafted for a reason. In terms of his stature, he`s ready to play. It would be much better for his development to stay in the QMJHL for as long as possible though.

I wouldn`t be too concerned. It`s too early for that. I`m pretty confident that at least 2 or 3 of them will stay. I don`t have to remind anybody that there`s also plenty of room for some trades and players available on the market in 2013 will have big impact on the way GMs operate before the trade deadline. We`ll just have to wait and see what our options are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55862893)
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Bozak. He may be overrated in Toronto, but he's also underrated elsewhere. I doubt we get the top end guys like Getzlaf, Burke will be creaming his pants if he reaches free agency. I'd definitely like to see us try for McDonald or Bozak, especially if we lose Zajac. Both can be second line centerman but are also flexible enough to play wing as well.

Meh, that`s all I can say.

Mgd31 11-18-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55862893)
I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Bozak. He may be overrated in Toronto, but he's also underrated elsewhere. I doubt we get the top end guys like Getzlaf, Burke will be creaming his pants if he reaches free agency. I'd definitely like to see us try for McDonald or Bozak, especially if we lose Zajac. Both can be second line centerman but are also flexible enough to play wing as well.

I would take a flier on either. McDonald moreso on a short deal, but losing Zajac would be disastrous.

Getzo5 11-18-2012 06:06 PM

McDonald is basically a younger Elias with less of a scoring touch. I don`t see that happening. Patty`s going nowhere.

If we want to (we should lol) add a forward (not just a depth trade/signing), it should be someone that fits DeBoer`s system to a T.

I`d rather go after someone else. And I love watching him play, especially on the PP.

Wingman77 11-18-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55862579)
All good points, but I meant the UFA market in general mostly. haha

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2012/...g-free-agency/

That`s one heck of an UFA crop.

It's a pretty good crop to chose from however again, we have to realize Lou doesn't usually go that route - but then we have to realize on the other hand, with guys aging and becoming FAs and potentially going elsewhere, he may not have many other choices than going to the FA market

Good point about Matteau, this season is one more towards coming to NJ and who knows, maybe he's even ready

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55862805)
You know, I'm having more and more of a feeling that Josefson may push himself into a top six role. Only problem is it forces Henrique to wing, or even Henrique down to the third line.

Regardless, we still have two holes to fill in the top nine. Josefson may fill one of them, but by doing so, he creates two holes on the third line. Best scenario is two of Parse, Butler, or Tedenby step into a top-six role with one playing a third line role, but that scenario doesn't look to well with the way they are playing in Albany. Also doesn't account for if Henrique has any kind of a sophomore slump. No doubt in my mind he will remain an NHL player as he could just as easily play a third line role, but if he can't sustain a top six role, and he did falter a bit 3/4 of the way through last year, we will be in trouble.

A lot of question marks to me, and concerns. Even worse if we lose a majority of the UFA forwards as well...Gotta hope we keep at least one of Elias or Zajac and at least one of Zubrus or Clarkson. Preferably, we'd keep them all, but we get 3/4 to remain, I can live with that.

THE priority is Zajac, it'll hurt real bad not just losing our top center, but losing 2 of our top forwards in consecutive free agencys is a big one to digest

Patty will be back if he wants to be, he's hinted at retirement in the next 2-4 years, but I can't see him doing so after reaching the cup finals and having a season taken away from him

Zubrus is Lou's kind of player and I think he'd be back, would hurt to loose his size and versatility, and especially coffee making skills, how when the team is on a west coast trip will they get enough caffeine to keep awake on those tough days with out him around? His age sticks out, he could be back on a 2-3 year deal

Clarkson is an interesting one, he'll get some offers that he is not worth, and he has an obsession with playing here, so we'll see what his priorities are

Hockey Sports Fan 11-18-2012 06:10 PM

I would love Bozak for the Jersey 3rd line. He's a great player, just not for a top line.

Getzo5 11-18-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55863851)
It's a pretty good crop to chose from however again, we have to realize Lou doesn't usually go that route - but then we have to realize on the other hand, with guys aging and becoming FAs and potentially going elsewhere, he may not have many other choices than going to the FA market.

Good point about Matteau, this season is one more towards coming to NJ and who knows, maybe he's even ready

Yeah, that`s why I didn`t forget to mention the TD. And just as you said, who knows, this time it might be different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggers (Post 55863889)
I would love Bozak for the Jersey 3rd line. He's a great player, just not for a top line.

Not a big fan, but yeah, I guess it could work.

AfroThunder396 11-18-2012 06:22 PM

I fully expect Elias and Clarkson to stay.

Zajac, I'm optimistic. I think he appreciates how good he has it here.

If the new CBA still has a cap floor, we'll have to spend money SOMEWHERE. I'm optimistic we'll keep our guys and won't lose them regardless of the financial situation.

njdevils1982 11-18-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggers (Post 55863889)
I would love Bozak for the Jersey 3rd line. He's a great player, just not for a top line.

its amazing how inept the management of the leafs is.....constantly trying to make 3rd liners into 1st liners. when will they realize that certain players work better in different roles.

Getzo5 11-18-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 (Post 55864223)
I fully expect Elias and Clarkson to stay.

Zajac, I'm optimistic. I think he appreciates how good he has it here.

If the new CBA still has a cap floor, we'll have to spend money SOMEWHERE. I'm optimistic we'll keep our guys and won't lose them regardless of the financial situation.

This is your 14,666th post on HF. I say it`s a sign, we should all be optimistic. haha

AfroThunder396 11-18-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55864657)
This is your 14,666th post on HF. I say it`s a sign, we should all be optimistic. haha

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...5666514312.gif

Jersey Man 11-18-2012 07:14 PM

For a second I thought Harrold wasn't on the team for some reason. Happy I was wrong.

AirheadPete 11-18-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getzo5 (Post 55863781)
McDonald is basically a younger Elias with less of a scoring touch. I don`t see that happening. Patty`s going nowhere.

If we want to (we should lol) add a forward (not just a depth trade/signing), it should be someone that fits DeBoer`s system to a T.

I`d rather go after someone else. And I love watching him play, especially on the PP.

I said in.the kovy thread, what about looking.into acquiring tikhonovs rights from.phoenix and luring him back.to NA to play on a wing.with kovy. They seem to be having a blast.playing together in.the KHL. not.saying it would translate back.here but he's also a big body which Pete always likes.

Bleedred 11-18-2012 07:54 PM

The one good thing sbout a shortened season is it may cause UFA's and RFA's too to be worth less than they would have been. Clarkson for example. No way he'll be able to score 30 goals again in a shortened season, if he would score 30 again in a full season period. Zajac is nothing special looking at his last two seasons, minus the playoff run as far as stats go. Henrique would likely have gotten a larger raise if a full season was played, as would Josefson.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.